Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 11-12-2011, 06:22 AM
FreeSpiritLove

I, too, lost my mother at 20 years old. I am 23 now and it's been rough at times-her being gone although she lives on and is with me daily in other, non physical, ways.
I remember being a young child and laying in bed, before going to sleep, thinking to myself- what if Mom ever died? How would I live with that grief? How could I deal with her being gone? This was BEFORE she turned heavily to drugs and alcohol.
When she started her use of cocaine daily I would scream at her, ''No, Mom. Please stop! You're going to die! You're killing yourself!'' and in my heart I knew she was. Funny I only said it to her, and not my father. My father too was an avid drug user but I never worried about him using drugs or dying. Shortly after my mom died he stopped using and hasn't used in 3 years.
A few months before my mom passed I had ''strange'' feelings come over me, a sadness. Then panic and fear. I would cry to my fiance, ''she's going to die. My mom is going to die.''
3 months later, around Christmas time, she was admitted to the hospital. She had cirrosis of the liver and caught the pneumonia. She didn't make it. I knew she was going to pass before she did, so when she went I wasn't surprised. Overwhelmed with grief, sadness and missed her very much--but not surprised.
I know though she chose to go when she did. I know she's living on, and she gives me a sign every time I ask for one.
Old 11-12-2011, 10:16 AM
Master
I did with my first husband....
I loved him I married him, but I had a feeling i was going to lose him, at the time I didnt know what it was, I was scared deep inside of me of the loss i expected..... he died in a road accident 8 years into our life together.....
Old 11-12-2011, 11:45 PM
Experiencer

Yes. A few months before my wife passed away, I started getting funny feelings that she would die before me.

Otherwise, I always felt the other way around.

Jim
Old 11-12-2011, 11:56 PM
Administrator
Hello

Today I looked at someone and I say me at their service. I was asked to share something about them. I was like OMG this person is right in front of me and I am talking to them and they are LIVING. It was very unsettling. Too there is a condition with them they are aware of but still it was sad. I hope this is a time in the future but I had on something that NOW is current in me wardrobe....

Lynn
Old 12-12-2011, 12:36 AM
Toolite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin
I dont mean you found out they had cancer and was going to die...

What I mean is...
Did someone come into your life and you had a feeling they wouldnt be there your whole life?

I knew my mom was going to die while I was still young. She died when I was 20. I started getting the feeling about 16-17 years old.
I cant describe it... it was just sort of a sadness.

Im starting to have feelings the same way with someone else Im close to.

Have yall ever had these feelings?
How did they feel?

ive been shown death for 20 plus years.. good and not so good people

i know im alittle different because i see spirits i believe are in purgatory so those who are alive in flesh but heading to a spiritual death i will warn..

All The Glory Belongs To God Forever!
Old 12-12-2011, 03:44 AM
Celeste

I did my mom, She was sick for about six months, and I couldn't bear to see her like that anymore. So I told her to please go to heaven, and she died in the night. I gave her permission, as prior to that, there were some incidents where she could have left me, but I wasn't ready to let her go. And, thank goodness I have higher beliefs (and a website like this) because I feel her presence with me a lot. I am comforted by the belief she is still here just not in the flesh.
Old 16-12-2011, 03:36 AM
PanBaccha

Quote:

What I mean is...
Did someone come into your life and you had a feeling they wouldnt be there your whole life?

I knew my mom was going to die while I was still young. She died when I was 20. I started getting the feeling about 16-17 years old.

How did they feel?

Had these very same feelings, and in some cases, visions of others dying.
It is even harder when it is three of your sons, as in my case, and later a
brother. But I am never far from the spiritual realms though I walk and live
upon the earth, and in that knowledge and belief I am in their hearts as they
are in mine.
Old 16-12-2011, 11:37 PM
Experiencer
Weird

Hmmm that's interesting because my both my brother and boyfriend told me that they don't see themselves living past next year. :/

Quote:
Originally Posted by earthprowler
i'm 41 now but when i was around 35, i started not being able to sense my husband past 40.....i just cannot "feel" him. his health worries me, he was diagnosed with diabetes 5 years ago and in the last year has rapidly lost weight. this is a guy who was over 300 lbs, wore a size 50 waist pants, and a 3xl tall shirt.......he is now in a 42 and they still hang on him and all of his shirts go to his knees!!!!

he turns 40 on January 19th next year......
Old 17-12-2011, 12:33 AM
Master
Quote:

What I mean is...

How did they feel?

Ronin - I had a step aerobics class a few years back and my instructor was on a wait list for an organ. He was pretty healthy, but abused his body with over eating then exercising. He was well-loved by tons of people in the community as he taught couples dancing too. He was a cheerful, loving guy that made every person feel special. Anyway, a fellow instructor came into our class and made an announcement that they were selling tickets to a cruse to celebrate his 50th birthday that was to take place in 3 weeks. Just as soon as she said that I instinctively said to myself, "He won't make it to his 50th birthday." I felt bad for having a negative thought and just put it out of my mind. Later that week I ran into a close friend of his in the grocery store and she asked me if I heard that he had died a few days earlier in the hospital.

Blackraven
Old 20-12-2011, 10:40 PM
Knower
I have a feeling my aunt (49) is going soon..