Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 02-06-2012, 07:27 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolchic101
Ok I keep seeing images of different people who passed but before they cross over, they stay around and look at themselves in their coffin and look at how their funeral is. No one can see them not even their loved ones.
It seems like they are standing next to their coffins trying to tell their loved ones that they are not dead but they are ALIVE and are so disappointed when no one can see or hear them. A few feet away is the tunnel or bright light where they can choose to make the transition.

I've also been told that when children pass, most of them immediately cross over but they do not see the bright light or tunnel and they do not stay for their funeral. They see a footbridge at a park, instead, which is more child friendly and not scary like the bright light/tunnel. And babies are carried over by loved ones or spiritual helpers.

It is the adults who tend to linger around and stay for their funeral. Trying to get some closure for the end of their life.

What do you think?

Those that are still attached to this world and to people in this world, will end up sticking around for their funerals. If they are not still in denial that they have died, that is.

Sometimes they stay to see how things are handled, to get that last closure. Sometimes they stay to try and comfort loved ones that are still here. Such as trying to communicate with them.

Some stay because they are afraid of judgement or going to hell.
Old 02-06-2012, 08:30 PM
Ascender

This got me wondering about staying around the physical world to help comfort loved ones...is it easier to do that when remaining in the physical world? Because I thought in the spirit world that you can also reach out and comfort loved ones. So, I'm confused as to why that would be a reason to stay rather than crossing over and still being able to comfort loved ones from there?
Old 02-06-2012, 08:32 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by alamode
This got me wondering about staying around the physical world to help comfort loved ones...is it easier to do that when remaining in the physical world? Because I thought in the spirit world that you can also reach out and comfort loved ones. So, I'm confused as to why that would be a reason to stay rather than crossing over and still being able to comfort loved ones from there?

Why would they stay instead of crossing over? Because they tell themselves they should.
Old 03-06-2012, 08:12 AM
CatChild

Quote:
Hi Catchild. I was trying to send you a PM but it couldn't go through unless you clear some space. I'm trying to relay an important message for you from the spirit world.

There is one space cleared and it is yours. Thank you.
Old 03-06-2012, 10:09 PM
pgt

I heard my brother in law's dad voice at his funeral. I also felt my dad close at his funeral
Old 11-06-2012, 06:11 AM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by alamode
I think I wouldn't want to linger around waiting for my funeral. I'd head to the light ASAP, lol. I'm one that really doesn't care about my physical body after I die. I won't want anyone to spend money on a funeral or anything. I want someone to just dispose of my body in a way that doesn't cost any money and I don't want a funeral. Am I wierd? lol.

This it's how I feel. I told my boyfriend this and he thought I was crazy. But when I die I'm running to the Other side. I want to be cremated and have my ashes thrown to the wind.
Old 11-06-2012, 02:39 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by aero87
This it's how I feel. I told my boyfriend this and he thought I was crazy. But when I die I'm running to the Other side. I want to be cremated and have my ashes thrown to the wind.

I don't want a funeral either. I think they are a horrible tradition. I want to be cremated and strewn as well. I fully intend to visit my kids from time to time and see that they are happy and well, my youngest especially. They'll have me in their hearts and memories - not a hole in the ground.
Old 11-06-2012, 03:00 PM
Knower
Quote:
It is the adults who tend to linger around and stay for their funeral. Trying to get some closure for the end of their life.

What do you think?

Sometimes they stay for much longer than their funeral because they don't know they have died (they don't know how to move on .... they didn't believe in the afterlife when they were living) .... they find people to attach themselves to, with whom they feel comfortable. Unfortunately that feeling of comfort isn't necessarily felt by the other party.

Sometimes they stay because of missed/wasted opportunities in their life. In order to correct this they may stay to help others and then go home only when they feel a sense of some achievement.

Sometimes they stay because they feel they were wronged/no closure in that life for them.

I can well imagine that someone who has suffered an unexpected/horrific death may choose to stay around for their funeral.

Last edited by *whitefeather : 11-06-2012 at 04:53 PM.