Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 25-05-2020, 11:13 AM
Elfin

Hi. At age 17 the world is your oyster and you believe in everything and the world is wonderful because you are just starting out as an adult and life in a way is just beginning. And then you grow and realise that sometimes, in some areas, life isn't a that great after all. I feel that you are just a little lost right now as to where you want to be. But don't be too hard on yourself for feeling like this. It is quite normal . You are normal!! You are still young.You have your whole life ahead of you. And you can do anything you like in life. If it means travelling down a different road / route, then do that. You are in control of your own destiny, you have your own hands on your own steering wheel of life and can go anywhere you wish.
Old 25-05-2020, 01:38 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyVirgoxoxo

When I first joined this site in 2011, when I was only 17 years old, I had so much hope for my life. I was deeply spiritual and religious, and thought that God and the Universe had a purpose for me. Now, I think critically about anything having to deal with spirituality or religion. I don't just believe like I did when I was younger. I rejoined this site about a month ago in the hopes that it would reignite something in me since I used to find so much solace here and in my beliefs. Now I find myself perusing the forums and being so skeptical of everything. It's no longer enjoyable when my heart and mind aren't so open as they used to be.

Hello,

I would like to encourage a high perspective on your work and career. It is a very difficult profession. Just because those around you are caught up in negative energies does not mean you will yourself.

You always have control of your own thoughts and feelings. Use your inner wisdom to help you with these things is what I suggest.

John

http://www.telepathyacademy.net/
Old 02-06-2020, 03:45 AM
Ascender

Quote:
Hi LadyVirgoxoxo

You sound as if you are actually quite idealistic but the reality of human behaviour has left you disappointed and disillusioned. Idealism and cynicism are opposite sides of the same coin. The skeptical cynic is a disappointed idealist.

So maybe you approach your career full of ideals of how you can help and make a difference, and you end up disliking the reality. Maybe you also approach your spirituality full of ideals, and then discover that life is not so straightforward and the answers are not so clear.

Your name suggests that Virgo is your sun sign. Virgo has many strengths, but there is also the desire for perfection in our lives and in other people. And the reality is that life and people are not perfect. It can all be rather messy. So maybe your challenge is to learn to accept life and people just as they are.

This is all supposition on my part and I apologise if I am totally off the mark.

Peace

Hi iamthat,

Thank you for your thoughtful response, it actually resonated with me quite deeply. I am quite idealistic and that might be what the problem is. I always think I'm going to like something but that's probably because I build it up too much in my head. I suppose I need to find a way to make my idealism more practical.

And yes, I am a Virgo. I expect the best out of others and even better out of myself, it's tough having the inner critic. I believe there is a way for me to learn how to blend my idealism and criticism to make the world a better place, I think I do have to work on accepting some things first though.
Old 02-06-2020, 03:57 AM
Ascender

Quote:
What Ziusudra said.
You are in a perfect place, m'dear, hugs - it will propel you to a place that you want to be! Hang in there.
(Tho, it broke my heart hearing it - oh, the disillusionment as we approach our Saturn Return.)
Oh brother, the memory of that. Don't wanna repeat that stage. Yikes!!!

Hi Miss Hepburn,

Oh my gosh, I forgot that a Saturn Return was even a thing! I am literally in my Saturn Return right now. This makes so much sense.
Old 02-06-2020, 04:04 AM
Ascender

Quote:
Some of us do many things in life, not just one thing. You can master in something, yet it’s only the beginning of mastering more. . Something I’ve learned through my own life and process is that everything I’ve done supports the next stage of my life choices. Also within my choice of work the lessons will always present themselves with regards to ‘how you feel’ /‘how you take care of yourself’/ how you move and take action to seek out more for yourself.

When your starting out, feeling excited about stepping into the world, to carve your place,, studying something new isn’t burdened by the lived experience of putting yourself into the world and putting all that knowledge into the practice or work path.

Your focus is on ‘gaining’ knowledge’ learning new things that are common to all focused in the same way.

When all the students suddenly plunge into the life experience of their study, everything comes wide open in each person at a very different level of knowledge and being productive, achieving good results. The work path immerses you into behaviours, overwhelm, your limitations, your reactions, your struggles with the reality of that Job.

Your now learning about yourself differently. You cant escape yourself no matter what or who you work with. You’ll always be challenged by others in any job you undertake, if you yourself need to look more closely at you.

If your sensitive you may have to look at your path or work from a more holistic choice.
So...
What sort of job would support me more so as the person I am? Looking more closely at the environment you’ll land in , how many people you’ll work with.these are the questions one with the study choice as you are and know yourself to be right now in this current work environment.

Many sensitives struggle in work places until they gain inner grounded strength to manage themselves assertively, through overwhelm, and conflicts.

It’s a journey, not something you’ll get overnight.

You can choose to change careers ten or one hundred times. It’s your choice. But ultimately you need to look closely at environments that are less harsh to your makeup.

You can also stay where you are and deal and manage yourself in it. But certainly not to the detriment of your health, sanity and further needs.

Your feelings around spirituality change as you deal and change in yourself with the life experience. It’s not that your not moving forward, it’s just that your growing and changing. Discovering new ways to be, new views of yourself, new awareness of life and others.

At 26 I started on my ‘conscious’ spiritual path. It lasted 33 yrs before I felt free to be myself, doing what I truly love and feeling happy. You have to find things you love to do beyond work. You need to source your passion in fun things, inspiration and creativity. If your not finding ways to balance yourself, you will fall into a negative spiral. You have to take charge of you and your life as best as you can.

Don’t fear change, find what makes your heart sing, look more closely at career paths from a holistic view. Look st yourself as a holistic being. Nurture all of you.

Completely lost =you’ll be completely found one day...

Hi JustBe,

This makes a lot of sense. I have discovered that because I am so sensitive to my work environment, I need a calm and stable environment with supportive co-workers. I'd be happier if I only had to work with 2-3 other people every day. My team consists of 8 other people and since my role is intake, I have to work with each and every one of them. It is exhausting dealing with so many different personalities. The only problem is, I can try my best to choose a calm environment but you never know the reality of the job until you take it. I thought this job was going to be FANTASTIC and that I would get along fabulously with my co-workers. I was wrong.
Old 02-06-2020, 04:17 AM
Ascender

Quote:
"Huffity , Puffity Ringstone Round
If you've never been lost then you've never been found."
Quatermass

I used to work in what many would consider a toxic environment, one of the people was a devout Christian who hated me because I was openly Spiritual. I never tried to push my beliefs onto others but I didn't try to hide them either, and when the conversation turned to mediumship..... I was teaching computers at the time and had my own training room to look after, and luckily it was my own private world. I went to work, did my job and went home again but I wasn't there for the manager or the Christian lady I was there for my clients. I made the job count for them.

These things drag you down because you let them drag you down, but have you ever thought that if you decided to turn it all around you could find the strength to do that? What kind of person is weak enough to let others drag them down? Asks he is a motivational way. There is no external meaning and your co-workers are 'negative' because you've defined them that way. If you wan to have an impact then create the impact yourself, don't sit around waiitng for it to happen.

Things don't happen TO you, they happen BECAUSE of you.

Dear Greenslade,

I try my best to create an impact at work by simply being kind to others and also sharing my ideas for improvement with my boss. It does seem that my boss is on my side and wants things to change. We've identified that there is a culture issue and are working on trainings for the staff, however, that's all been put on hold because of the coronavirus. The problem, quite frankly, is there are TOO many cultural issues. And change takes awhile. And I guess, I just don't have the patience for it. I'm also very sensitive to my environment, so I get quite tired of the toxicity. Unfortunately since I work the front desk, I have to work with each and every one of my co-workers. There is no escaping any of them. I have a hard time not deriving external meaning, I just would like to work with a group of people who are passionate and joyful. But I guess that's not what the real world is like.
Old 02-06-2020, 04:20 AM
Ascender

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladyvirgoxoxo
I guess what I'm saying is I used to be so happy and spiritual. And now that is gone. I'm not sure if this is just a part of growing up but I would really like to feel less lost. Does anyone have any advice for me on my journey?

You were happy. Now you are not happy.
Centred & aligned. Now, not quite.
What has changed (not in the external but within)?
Find it. Fix it. Follow your heart. Free of fear & doubt.

Quote:
I am consistently disrespected by clients and by my co-workers

Who allows you to be humiliated other than you yourself? Either transcend, if you can by recognising that each acts as of his present level of consciousness or otherwise, walk away.

About the path of service ... who serves? If God acts through us as a conduit, we are not the doer. We merely reflect the light. On the other hand, if we are the doer for purpose of accentuating value to our identity (even in anonymity, for we are observing ourselves with an aspect of association/ownership), then we self limit ourselves.

Leaving our life purpose to God, first we should be joyous & blissful irrespective of the external. Inner-outer alignment, radiating unconditional love.

Dear Unseeking Seeker,

I think that what has changed is my faith in the world. And it's getting even worse with what's been going on in the world this year.
Old 02-06-2020, 04:22 AM
Ascender

To everyone else I haven't responded to personally,

Thank you so much for taking the time out of your days to offer advice. This thread has been so great as it has me reflecting quite a bit on my life and where I would like it to go.

Be safe and healthy, my friends.
Old 09-06-2020, 11:05 AM
Newbie ;)

yes
Sounds like you are doing just fine.
Old 09-06-2020, 07:34 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by noura
yes
Sounds like you are doing just fine.
You probably wanted to be encouraging ... (?)
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.