Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Healing

Old 12-01-2017, 07:20 PM
Newbie ;)

Bunny Feeling others pains literally?!

I don't mean to do so but when I touch people my hands experience literal pain. When my doggy is bored or hasn't been played with all day I pet him and I feel pain in my hands but when he's happy and energetic I don't feel anything. When people get upset I seem to soak up their mood or when people have headaches or heart pains I pick up on that. I used to know when my mom had headaches because I'd start having them all of sudden and would have to ask her if that was hurting on her. I'm good at giving massages because for some reason I know where people are hurting without before I start,it's a weird sense of tension that feels like foam squeaking in a weird vibe way. I used to be hyper sensitive to microwaves and my family thought it was weird I have to sleep with silence,music and TVs are just too much stimulation. Before I never had that type of connection emotionally with people,usually in the past during my teenage years I judged people and could gauge their predictably from things they would do or say to precise things they would say word for word,I had visions in my dreams of the future. But that's gone it seems like as I got older it switched from analyzing people's thoughts and behaviors into empathizing and feelings their agony. I don't know how I Switched from rationally figuring people out and predicting their behaviors and actions into just being so insynch with their feelings and wishing for their healing and comfort. I've gone from a robot and viewing people and gauging their thoughts into gauging their feelings and aches... I don't know how to turn that switch off... or to hone it produce comfort and love to others. People say I make an impact to their moods and that I make people who are grumpy smile because I can just connect to people in a way that genuinely shows theyre cared for. In my job I was called "customer service represantive" because I was extremely good with people.
Old 13-01-2017, 03:11 AM
bartholomew

I have been that way all my life. If I touch someone who has physical pain I share it. I once just put my hand on a person,for a moment, who had just suffered a broken shoulder (I didn't know about it) and my hand hurt badly for three days afterwards. Another who was going blind (again I didn't know it).... I not only felt their pain but felt the source of it within their aura. etc etc all my life.

We empaths learn to live with it, to manage it. That's all there is to say except that it is only a very essential part of the larger human existence. In our soul lives on the plane of souls (the high mental) we are all like this all the time. This is one reason we sort ourselves into groups based on compatibility. This way we are not disturbed too much by others. Sometimes when we come to Earth in a new body we forget to leave all the sensitivity back where we came from so we end up being overtly psychic. It's just the way it is...

James/Barholomew
Old 14-01-2017, 07:05 PM
Experiencer
I am somewhat like you. I understand, as much as I appreciate it, it can be exhausting sometimes. I think like everything this too can be learned how to control. I haven't still, but it's getting better with time and with my decision I need to do something about it if I actually want to help someone other then hurting myself and making no progress at all with the person near me. Be patient and gentle with yourself and others and slowly you should notice small changes. Blessings.
Old 15-01-2017, 02:06 PM
Pathfinder
I also resonate with this and being an empath. And I apologise in advance if I am teaching you what you already know, but to add to the above experiences I learnt to reduce the pain and anguish absorbed from others by religiously protecting myself ! Grounding yourself daily,asking for protection from your guides/angels etc, visualising yourself in a white/gold bubble, putting mirrors around you facing outwards,positive affirmations,in fact whatever feels comfortable for you.. it really helps me
Love and light xx.