Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Past Lives & Reincarnation

Old 02-11-2018, 10:41 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynn
I think I honestly tried to kill the host (my Mom) off before I was born.
WOW!
Talking about owning your shadow!
But are you sure it was your shadow to own – and not the other way round? (Which is much harder and almost impossible for an Empath to take or come to grips with).

Like a child who is abandoned by one of their parents automatically thinks it is their fault and the core belief develops that they weren’t lovable enough for the parent to stay – when in fact the abandonment situation had absolutely nothing to do with the child ……..

Or for example a child raised by an Autistic parent can automatically think that the lack of empathy from their (Autistic) mother was their fault and goes on to develop a Narcissistic Personality Disorder, a false self, a mask that caters for everyone’s ideal of ‘lovable’ to get the attention they so desperately (rightfully) needed when they were children.

But .... WOW, how have you dealt with this shadow in your life?!!!

Quote:
I was born on the night of the largest storm ever recorded. LOL again fighting that birth all the way.
I know a Saami person who was born this way – during a severe cyclonic (unheard of) type of storm.
So they named her a “Gift” (brought by Wind) and acknowledged her extra-sensory powers from the start.
And she IS gifted, and I suspect - so are you.

Last edited by sentient : 03-11-2018 at 12:30 AM.
Old 02-11-2018, 11:10 PM
Well, I had 'terrible' parents....tho, they provided for my needs very well, materially...
There was no lesson about $$ for me to learn...it was all about relationships...not hating, not pouting, not being mean, not acting out,
not being effected, becoming independent and strong, never looking to anyone for anything,
developing thick skin, being kind, not being a doormat or co-dependent...
they were PERFECT....hand picked just for ME!

The clinical narcissist and the alcoholic
that didn't like me from birth...in the birthing ROOM! (until the day he died).
(a cute blue eyed-blonde...my sister couldn't figure it out , I was so darling, she says.)

Utter, immaculate, precise perfection as everything IS...it has to be 'seen' in that stunning moment of clarity that comes from the Divine.
No one can tell you it's perfect. Intellectually getting it is nice...but isn't the same.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 03-11-2018, 05:31 PM
Administrator
Quote:
Originally Posted by sentient
WOW!
Talking about owning your shadow!
But are you sure it was your shadow to own – and not the other way round? (Which is much harder and almost impossible for an Empath to take or come to grips with).

Like a child who is abandoned by one of their parents automatically thinks it is their fault and the core belief develops that they weren’t lovable enough for the parent to stay – when in fact the abandonment situation had absolutely nothing to do with the child ……..

Or for example a child raised by an Autistic parent can automatically think that the lack of empathy from their (Autistic) mother was their fault and goes on to develop a Narcissistic Personality Disorder, a false self, a mask that caters for everyone’s ideal of ‘lovable’ to get the attention they so desperately (rightfully) needed when they were children.

But .... WOW, how have you dealt with this shadow in your life?!!!

I know a Saami person who was born this way – during a severe cyclonic (unheard of) type of storm.
So they named her a “Gift” (brought by Wind) and acknowledged her extra-sensory powers from the start.
And she IS gifted, and I suspect - so are you.

Hello

I do feel that is was a part of my path of learning from the moment of conception. I think that the lessons started there. I can see that same shadow in my eldest Son but he fought to stay with me before being born. I was not suppose to be able to have children at 20 weeks I was bleeding badly and they thought for sure I had lost the baby. They were stunned to find a heart beat. I had fibroids during that were causing the bleeding. I carried him to 37 weeks without major issues. It was like me again coming in. He is like me with gifts but came in at ease and understandings with it all.

I do feel that in part we are in control of lives from conception. We are coming in to work with our Soul so there I feel has to be some understandings.

I do feel that it was the time for me to come in, as I had a role to play in helping others, and in the end finding my Twin Flame here on site. I feel that much of our life paths are pre planned out. Like the storm I know that it played a role in what I was given. There was a massive storm the night my Dad passed away, I feel that was again a passing of the family line down.

Being that I know now from doing some family tree stuff I come from a line of family members with gifts they were not able to open to using. I too as a child and teen had to hide that part of me. I had a lot of learning to do to understand whom and what I was before I was ready to work with others with it all. I never got a deck of tarot til I was 40. Yet I could read them in my mind's eye.

I came to SF in Feb 2007 as I was ready then to fully open to take on the work that was here for me.

I know now that I might have wanted out early on in life, and at 16 over it all being me, but I too know that those experiences too shaped me into being me. I still admit I never wanted to be me but I have come to embrace the ride being me brings on. Its not a life I would wish on anyone, nor have I ever had anyone say they would want to be me. LOL but me I am.

Like Popeye said "I yam what I yam and that's all what I yam." ― Popeye

Lynn
Old 03-11-2018, 09:56 PM
Super Moderator
It does seem strange that some people choose very easy families, and some choose very difficult ones, and the choice is made from Spirit.
I suppose one lifetime is only a tiny facet of all the things a Soul learns and goes through in its whole existence.
One time it may be easy things....another time more hard.

It's strange for me, as I was born into a very nice family. No, of course nothing was utter perfection, and everyone has their difficult side...but my childhood was easy. I was loved and cared for and taught well, and there was balance and kindness. Plus I was fed. My parents didn't split up. I wasn't abused...etc
And basically -why? I know I came into this world rather a selfish being, and was rather selfish for a large portion of my life in fact.
So now, when I look at that great start I had, I can see how they did help expose me to a decent way of being, with steadiness, trust and support.
I often wonder what I would have been without that....
Old 04-11-2018, 02:42 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Well, I had 'terrible' parents....tho, they provided for my needs very well, materially...
There was no lesson about $$ for me to learn...it was all about relationships...not hating, not pouting, not being mean, not acting out,
not being effected, becoming independent and strong, never looking to anyone for anything,
developing thick skin, being kind, not being a doormat or co-dependent...
they were PERFECT....hand picked just for ME!

The clinical narcissist and the alcoholic
that didn't like me from birth...in the birthing ROOM! (until the day he died).
(a cute blue eyed-blonde...my sister couldn't figure it out , I was so darling, she says.)

Utter, immaculate, precise perfection as everything IS...it has to be 'seen' in that stunning moment of clarity that comes from the Divine.
No one can tell you it's perfect. Intellectually getting it is nice...but isn't the same.
my parents weren't perfect but I can't complain. Without the lessons they taught me both good and bad that all helped me to be what I am now. What I noticed the more you have in common with your parents and family members the more you dislike them. The hardest person to live with is most often yourself. My mom and I have a lot of similar ways, but there the hardest to admit to for me.
Old 05-11-2018, 12:59 AM
Master
My initial thought to your question hallow was:
I do think that ‘we’ choose which family we are born into, but from a very different perspective or reference point than our ‘separate self’ or ego would choose.

If one has an ‘Awakening, NDE, Born Again Experience’ - what have you, it is often said that your whole life flashes before your eyes, and this is kind of true.
Meaning that when you see yourself/your life lived from the ‘Cosmic Consciousness, Unity Consciousness, Oneness or Totality’ perspective or reference point – our lives lived in ignorance, compulsive ego-centeredness and selfishness as ‘separate self-identities’ will not altogether be a pretty sight - hence there will be a lot of remorse.

But perhaps there are souls, or we all have been these souls - who even after death do not experience or do not awake to Unity Consciousness or Clear Light:
Quote:
Soon after physical death, when the senses shut down, you enter into the realms of light and archetypal beings. You have the potential to realize the clear light, our deepest and truest identity, if you recognize it as the true nature of your mind and are not freaked out.

I am so grateful my primary care-giver was my Grandmother (grandmother, mother, sister, best friend all rolled into one) from infancy till I was about 5.
She, (her auric presence) used to constantly *shift* my/our awareness into the still and silent “Oneness” experience, which was both of us – yet neither of us - it was “One Spirit Communion” and as such Unconditional Love and Acceptance beyond our ego boundaries.
So I identified with my Gran 100% or perhaps one could say 200%.

But why other relatives living in that big household could not join in “One Spirit” with us, why were we like ‘semi-invisible’ or ‘invisible’ to them? I could not understand this.
I kind of identified my Gran’s Spirituality as “Indigenous Spirituality” as I had my first vision at the age of 3-4 of our - my Gran’s line - Siberian ancestors.

And why did that life situation have to change then to a situation, where my primary care-givers now were the Narcissist and her Enabler husband? Though I hardly ever stayed in the house, because of the ‘bad vibe’ – instead I spend most of my time in the forest where I could continue attuning to the “Oneness dream” and exploring ‘energy fields’ in the landscape.

Fast forward and later in life meeting many, many, many people like this Elder here – Just one look into his eyes and the very same (just like my Gran’s) *shift* into “One Spirit” was instant:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6GdB1g5tG38
I am So Immensely Grateful for them All.

Of course you meet a lot of trauma damaged people as well, but how these individuals - these Elders survived with their Spirituality (and Unconditional Love for Everyone like my Gran) intact is a miracle!
Is this the lesson I came here to learn???????

And not to ‘save’ the Narcissists, who seemed to target me for their Narcissist Supply.
Empaths and Narcissists:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ngCMDSdSN3c
I almost do the 8 check points, except one - no. 7: “Empaths tend to be idealists”.
But “One Spirit” is no mental idealism, it is an awareness shift.
So if only a Narcissist could shift beyond the ego-barrier, they could experience All the Love of the Universe they so desperately seek – but they cannot – it is an insurmountable fear barrier for them.

The last conversation I had with ‘my Narcissist’, was because she was losing her memory, so I very delicately tried to help her saying that as we age, it is normal to develop some vitamin deficiencies like B12, which can cause memory loss, so perhaps she could take a blood test.
To which hint that ‘there could be something wrong’ she came back with her usual rage asking me: “How dare you – do you even have a GOD, like I do. Where is your GOD!!!!?” And the Enabler just goes along with it – not seeking the help she needed, even when I tried to reason with him and organized an appointment.
The Narcissist-Enabler co-dependency bubble is impenetrable.
Old 06-11-2018, 01:23 AM
Newbie ;)

I don't think we pick our own families. I think that decision is made by fate, or the gods, or Mother Nature, or something else. However, I do think that the choice can be thwarted. I think it's possible for someone to be born into the wrong family, and not the family that they were intended to have.

I think it can cause some real trauma in people. And it can explain why sometimes we hear about family members who are "estranged," or don't have anything to do with each other. They're strangers literally.
Old 06-11-2018, 04:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metafizzypop
I don't think we pick our own families. I think that decision is made by fate, or the gods, or Mother Nature, or something else. However, I do think that the choice can be thwarted. I think it's possible for someone to be born into the wrong family, and not the family that they were intended to have.

I think it can cause some real trauma in people. And it can explain why sometimes we hear about family members who are "estranged," or don't have anything to do with each other. They're strangers literally.
Well, my dad (friend) talked to me in that In-between place before you incarnate...He told me the plan and why, and I agreed, "ok".

These moments happen to me. I don't ask why anymore. *shrug*
I can't speculate anymore either; I was shown some stuff , so that's my input.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 06-11-2018, 05:00 PM
Master
We choose a life and the context of that life is what it is...with all its potential choices as yet to be made. So, in the very broadest sense all then "sign on" but never, never to receive abuse or mistreatment or neglect.

Those misaligned behaviours and intentions are for your parent(s) to own. Those are THEIR choices and they well could have chosen differently. Rarely if ever is there a "gun to the head". Instead, those behaviours and intentions are about their own level of ownership and lovingkindness...if they are not kindhearted and if they are not very far progressed on their own journey, you are most likely in for a very rough ride. Even though you would not and did not "choose" to be abused or mistreated, ever, IMO. Ever. Given where many are at on their journey, it is unfortunate but not totally surprising that they act out in abusive, cruel, or neglectful ways toward their children and perhaps toward other vulnerable folks in their lives as well. It is in many ways a simple abuse of power in the most intimate of settings, the family unit.

However, that family context provided them all they needed to wrestle with their iniquities and to take the hard decisions to act with love and kindness, rather than with spite and violence. We provided that for them...and THAT is all we signed on for, IMO. To take part in giving and receiving love and kindness and support with one another, in our respective roles. If they have done otherwise, it may be a thousand thousand moments wasted, in any lifetime, until they take ownership and begin to take conscious choices that align with lovingkindness and equanimity. With authentic love for others, equally to self.

I say no one should ever blame themselves or think that the abuse or cruelty itself was "chosen" by them. That IMO is never chosen by any of us ...and instead represents the misaliged choices of others, for which we are not ultimately ever responsible. Just as we ourselves can choose to hate or loathe them -- or we can choose to recognise their vile deeds are loathesome, yes...but to forgive them for our own good and detach from the negativity, even sending well wishes if possible. Even if it all must be done from a safe distance.

Peace & blessings
7L

Here we must be unafraid of what is difficult.

For all living beings in nature must unfold in their particular way

and become themselves despite all opposition.

-- Rainer Maria Rilke
Old 06-11-2018, 09:30 PM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7luminaries
So, in the very broadest sense all then "sign on" but never, never to receive abuse or mistreatment or neglect.

No, we never sign on for abuse unless we're masochists. This is another reason I feel people don't pick their families. It's because there are so many children who are subject to abuse from their families. It's not like there's a lesson to be learned from abuse. The only lesson learned is that people can be abusive. We gain nothing from the experience. Who would pick that?

7luminaries, your whole post was wonderfully insightful and comforting and true.