Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Hinduism

Old 12-07-2016, 05:38 PM
Ascender
I think some persons after smoking a good dose of N,N-Dimethyltryptamine (DMT) have reported experiencing ego death.

Part quoting from https://www.reddit.com/r/Drugs/comme...h_like/c84zbgj
---
WHOOOSH. I am the Source of all creation, but not "me". Everything is one and it is connected. The past, present, and future all exist at this one spot, which is everywhere. Every dimension, every sense of time, everything that could possibly exist does exist and I am in the middle of it, but since "I" am not here, I am a part of it, we all are, everyone is everything.
---
Old 12-07-2016, 06:22 PM
Suspended
Tom,

I think Japanese has practicing ego death. So you must be a Japanese.
Old 12-07-2016, 10:10 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Self
So the ego wants to experience its own death? think about that for a moment.
I've come to believe that this Union cannot come about through an act of will. I've come to believe that no such will can truly be pure and true. It comes from a places that knows nothing of what it wants so why would it want it. An escape of sorts maybe.
I've come to believe that this Union comes by grace alone. We can pray for such a Union, we can do all kinds of works and renunciations, but they will not bring it about.
One glimpse by grace is all it takes and that is our becoming but not our doing.
Yes! This is beautiful and totally true.

I wonder if Tom is going to return to all these threads he created? My Overself pretty much told me the guy was trolling last night...I wanna see if that bears out.

Lots of nice suggestions in this thread and lots of people from everywhere...in the Hindu section. lol

I meant nothing egotistical whatsoever with my initial post, I just know I have a gift I'm not doing anything with and you guys know this too.

So, if Tom isn't trolling and if he reads this, I have just one question: Has Tom ever been in love?

Aum Batuk Bhairavaye Namah
Old 13-07-2016, 01:17 AM
Suspended
Pathfinder
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Necromancer
Yes! This is beautiful and totally true.

I wonder if Tom is going to return to all these threads he created? My Overself pretty much told me the guy was trolling last night...I wanna see if that bears out.

Lots of nice suggestions in this thread and lots of people from everywhere...in the Hindu section. lol

I meant nothing egotistical whatsoever with my initial post, I just know I have a gift I'm not doing anything with and you guys know this too.

So, if Tom isn't trolling and if he reads this, I have just one question: Has Tom ever been in love?

Aum Batuk Bhairavaye Namah
Yes, I am in love. I'm in love with the vast cosmos that includes me.
Old 13-07-2016, 09:25 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Howard
Namaste.

Well, the prodigal returns and I was misinformed/incorrect. I can admit this and apologise straight out.

However, now that I know this, the true test of that love will be the ability to surrender to it. To give in and accept this as who you are.

Hold nothing back when you express your feelings to the vast cosmos, including you...make your whole being; your mind and soul a deep expression of it and if tears come, let them. If physical urges come, let it happen. If thoughts come, let them pass with love and into love.

Don't worry about what you are doing or whatever is happening at the time. If you see beautiful things, have visions, experience bliss...let it happen but don't dwell on it either, just keep going back to that love you feel. Don't let the whole concept of 'Samadhi' hold you back from experiencing it.

Anyway, I have to go now, but take care and bless you.

Aum Namah Shivaya
Old 13-07-2016, 09:51 AM
Suspended
Quote:

In the cosmos they are two types of possibility, gathered with the good and gathered with the bad. Just imagine you can go to where? Good or bad side? Tumult is prevailed in spiritual realm. Most spirits are never going to cosmos but staying on earth. Is good to ponder about it!!!
Old 15-07-2016, 04:35 AM
Master

Quote:
I want Samadhi, I want to experience ego death, I want to merge my mind and spirit with the collective consciousness of the Universe BEFORE I die, how do I come about this? Thank you
In my opinion, with Samadhi there is no elevator.
You have to take the stairs.
The sooner you start, the sooner you "arrive".

In the scriptures it is often stated that the attainment of True Samadhi takes many incarnations.
Old 15-07-2016, 08:34 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Necromancer
However, now that I know this, the true test of that love will be the ability to surrender to it. To give in and accept this as who you are.
This is excellent advice, Tom Howard. You do not "get" samadhi. You make yourself an open throne for samadhi to sit in when the conditions are right.

Quote:
Hold nothing back [...]If physical urges come, let it happen. If thoughts come, let them pass with love and into love.

Don't worry about what you are doing or whatever is happening at the time. If you see beautiful things, have visions, experience bliss...let it happen but don't dwell on it either, just keep going back to that love you feel. Don't let the whole concept of 'Samadhi' hold you back from experiencing it.
Yes. ignore all visions. No matter how beautiful. They are but the flirting before the Union. Train your mind everyday. This is important, it works in tangent to how the brain works. By doing regular practice you are strengthening the neural networks which facilitate and habituate meditation. Try to keep the senses reined in. Try to keep the things of your daily life from making strong impressions in your mind. You want your mental medium to be sattvic, to be calm (but not sleepy). Constantly tell yourself that you are pure consciousness. Tell yourself that all is perfect. See everything you do as an action of God manifesting through you. This will lighten Abhyasa. This will enflame Bhakti. Make every moment of your awareness a sacrament unto God Almighty who is in you and is you and is forever.
Old 15-07-2016, 11:44 PM
Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wagner
Yes. ignore all visions. No matter how beautiful.

Make every moment of your awareness a sacrament unto
God Almighty who is in you and is you and is forever.
Hi Vagner....is that how you pronounce it Vaaag-ner....like the German composer?

This is a common thing I read around..."ignore visions...even the beautiful".
Yet, every moment is a sacrament...so why is there a need
to ignore the beautiful inner visions?

With respect, this was not how I was taught by my Guru.
He clearly would smile at many questions and basically say, "Enjoy"...
As in, whatever visions you see...as you say, no matter how beautiful , "Enjoy!".

I might ignore silly thoughts that pass by that create some silly emotion....but when I see Vistas
of Mountain Ranges, pastures and sunsets...I never ignore them...all of the Universe is within me...

Care to exchange some thoughts on this?
We may be coming from 2 diff schools of meditation teachings.
I do not debate...I would enjoy diff views on this, tho, with a brother meditator.

PS My father was born in Troy, PA.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 16-07-2016, 04:44 AM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Hi Vagner....is that how you pronounce it Vaaag-ner....like the German composer?
It's actually spelled with two R's.

Quote:
This is a common thing I read around..."ignore visions...even the beautiful".
Yet, every moment is a sacrament...so why is there a need
to ignore the beautiful inner visions?

With respect, this was not how I was taught by my Guru.
He clearly would smile at many questions and basically say, "Enjoy"...
As in, whatever visions you see...as you say, no matter how beautiful , "Enjoy!".

I might ignore silly thoughts that pass by that create some silly emotion....but when I see Vistas
of Mountain Ranges, pastures and sunsets...I never ignore them...all of the Universe is within me...

Care to exchange some thoughts on this?
We may be coming from 2 diff schools of meditation teachings.
I do not debate...I would enjoy diff views on this, tho, with a brother meditator.
Well, one need not ignore the pretty lights so long as one keeps them in perspective and realizes that they are just that. All things are divine; all things are a part of the machinery of the universe. Both the objective and the subjective feed the work. I guess I'm just a stickler for warning against what can be called "mirages" in meditation. If they do not hold you up in your work or slow you down then they are fine. :)

Quote:
PS My father was born in Troy, PA.
He ever meet Helen? I hear she was quite a dish...

Last edited by Wagner : 16-07-2016 at 06:48 AM.