Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 26-11-2010, 10:27 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by mac
Why wouldn't they just as easily....?

But who claimed they did want to?

And who knows if there is any choice anyway?

why wouldn't they want to?...well, I for one believes that this life is way minimal compared to returning to the Oneness...not as me but as vibration.

And yes, we have no clue if we have choice but really, if we did, would you come back? I wouldn't.
Old 26-11-2010, 10:39 AM
Ascender

Well I think it depends on the person. If someone is still attached to earthly things they may not want to accept their fates and are thus forced back into their bodies. Others might still have work to do on earth. The reasons are myriad but I think everyone is given the choice to leave their bodies or stay
Old 26-11-2010, 10:58 AM
Skye

When it's time for the soul to return home, it will depart from the physical body regardless of whether we want to stay here or not. Death is nothing to fear, it's where life truly starts imo.
Old 26-11-2010, 11:22 AM
Ascender
I agree with Skye, i believe that when our physical body dies then we return to our true home of spirit. Mission accomplished.

*We find the path of wisdom....along the trail of tears*

*Your vision will become clear only when YOU look into YOUR heart. who looks outside, dreams. Who looks inside AWAKENS*- Carl Jung
Old 26-11-2010, 11:54 AM
Lostgirl

People can come back to life after being dead....not possible...medically, unless they have been hooked up to machines that have been keeping them alive....

Also dying and then coming back kinda defeats the point doesnt it?!
Old 26-11-2010, 12:16 PM
SandybytheSea

OK, first of all we need to establish WHAT is death.

If we're talking from a spiritual point of view, then yes, death is the point at which the cord separates from the body, and after that, there is NO coming back. (Except in a new body, but that's another subject entirely!)

If we're talking from a medical point of view, death is when there is no heart beat (and hence no pulse) and no brain activity. Flat-lining, in other words. Science has always recognised this (rightly or wrongly) as death, because no oxygen is getting to the brain. And when no oxygen reaches the brain, science declares that there can be no consciousness. (Little did they know, until nde's became a popular field of research, that many people who flat-lined could later actually relate everything that went on while they were apparently "dead", not because they could see and hear through their physical eyes and ears, but during an out of body experience.)

The other thing we need to address here is that NO one has ever been dead for "a couple of days" and come back to life. Unless you believe every word in the bible. NDE'ers have been "dead" for anything up to 40 minutes, but it's rare to be revived and functioning after a person has been dead for a few minutes. After more than 10 minutes of flat-lining, it's presumed (and often correctly) that the lack of oxygen to the brain will result in physical or mental disability on revival. However, that's not always been so, and there have been cases of people dead for more than 30 minutes who have been revived and have returned to a normal life.

And one more thing ... almost everyone (with VERY few exceptions) who have had a near death experience have NOT wanted to return. Yes, they often have a choice, although sometimes they don't, but those who have been offered the choice have invariably returned only because they have children or responsibilities they feel they must address, and have returned reluctantly. There are thousands of cases of near death experiences where people have subsequently reported their reluctance to come back. And in every case of nde, the person is changed forever, not fearing and actually looking forward to returning to the other side, but recognising that they had returned for a reason and needed to fulfil their obligations or destiny before they could return.
Old 26-11-2010, 12:22 PM
Lostgirl

How do you know they havent wanted to come back?!
Old 26-11-2010, 01:22 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lostgirl
How do you know they havent wanted to come back?!

if they have already left, this may be one of those questions you won't ever know the answer to ~

and just because someone wants something, doesn't mean that it will happen

you can still communicate with them on Other Side, I know, not the same as them being here, but better than nothing at all

blessings,
Dream Angel xx

Expect Miracles !

Sometimes in the winds of change ~ we find our true direction
Old 26-11-2010, 01:24 PM
Lostgirl

I dunno, im a nurse and i think alot of the people who die young would want to come back.
Old 26-11-2010, 01:32 PM
Deactivated Account

there is this theory that when young people die, they are old souls and weren't meant to linger long on this earth.... just something I have heard

there are also probably some older people who die, who would also like to come back, and stay longer with ones they love or perhaps they didn't get a chance to do something they wanted to do.....

so many questions, so few answers

Dream Angel xx

Expect Miracles !

Sometimes in the winds of change ~ we find our true direction