Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 31-05-2011, 04:58 PM
astroboy

Eternity of the Soul

Question about the ultimate goal of man:

Does the soul "become God" and cease to be other than God OR does the soul become "one" with God while at the same time remaining other than God (a paradox to our human minds, being one and other at the same time)?

If we "become God" this would seem to mean that our souls disappear into God, like the flame of a candle would disappear in the sun. Also, to say that "we become God" is idolatrous if you take it literally.

If we become "one with God" and remain "other than God" at the same time, then this would seem to mean that we live forever, that our distinct personalities live forever and we can enjoy and bask in the radiance of God's light forever.

Last edited by astroboy : 31-05-2011 at 06:03 PM.
Old 03-06-2011, 09:06 PM
Inesophet

The "good quality" Souls (OH my god sounds that weird!) are the ones who will be "used".

Those ones get consumed. And their essence wisdom knowledge and experience gets added to the "collective" (yes i know how this sounds! sounds freaky)

People Picture god as a Perfect good and benevolent being. They seldom think about one possibility.

That a being with "great" power can create a universe (for us making the universe seems to be an amazing Divine feat, a dog would think the same if he would see a lunar rocket) and life and in turn us (intelligent life) to enrich itself with knowledge.

People reproduce. Its in their very basic programming. Its life itself its designed to reproduce. Conviently life has to consume life so the circle is near endless. At one point people came to be and as we have seen over the course of the last 100000 years we evolved from simple animals to beings with nukes (the greatest archievement of humanity so far in my opinion) travelled to other planets and change our own DNA. Everyone dies and takes all what he knows with him right? So if you can collect this there would be a near unlimted amount of knowledge and expeiriences.

Through i dont know very much about gods motivations to be frank and there most likely is more to it then my short article suggest we should not be nblind to the possibilty that when we die. We cease to exist but our knowledge might be accumulated.

Still there has to be a sort of filter on what kind of knowledge can come in.

And yes even i think this sounds as wacky as the 9/11 conspiracy theories (ok maybe not THAT crazy)

PS: excuse my grammar its late here.
Old 03-06-2011, 09:15 PM
nightowl

Interesting question astroboy,

Quote:
If we become "one with God" and remain "other than God" at the same time, then this would seem to mean that we live forever, that our distinct personalities live forever and we can enjoy and bask in the radiance of God's light forever.

This statement resonates with my spirit. I do not have a long esoteric explanation as to why, it just speak to the truth I feel in my soul. It makes my insides smile

nightowl