Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 07-08-2017, 07:27 AM
Knower
Location: I'm a homesick Californian from Lake Tahoe/Truckee, living in England.
Lightbulb "Turn On The Light"

I'm going through something I'd rather not share (for privacy reasons). Also, there's so much to it, it would take ages to write down here. Just the same, it has been a long, dark, steep and highly difficult road for a few years now. It's taken its toll on me to be certain and things have never been worse with it all than they are now. It feels like a great injustice has been done to me so much is wrapped up in countless lies and illusion. It hurts me a lot on a daily basis. I feel I'm being robbed of an important aspect of my destiny and in truth, I am. I am still getting messages to continue, to keep trying, but I feel like giving up.

So, more recently, I had one of my 'heavy' and spiritual dreams. While I was waking up and was still in the hypnapompic state, I 'saw' with my inner vision some text before me. What I was able to retain from it was the following: "Turn on the light and the imbalances of truth and justice will withdraw themselves." Then, still in my inner vision, I saw a light go on that shone with a golden glow.

Suffice it to say, I'm very grateful for this insight and as much as I may be well-versed in some aspects of the spiritual, I am not sure if I can ever 'turn on the light' enough to 'turn the tide,' you know? I am not even sure I know how to turn on the light consistently enough to effect grandiose and lasting changes.

The situation I'm in is bad and it's heartbreaking. With a mind that was 'conditioned' to worry, to doubt, and to fear early on, it feels like the odds are against me -- that, and because of my present 'status' in life.

I try to practice creative visualization, but with my aforementioned drawbacks and the colossal size of the oppressive scenario, it's hard to 'make it work.' I'd be crying right about now, but it seems my tears have finally dried up because I just feel so 'spent' with regards to this ordeal and am bordering on hopelessness.

I'm wondering if some of you might have ideas on how to 'turn on the light' and to keep it on. Have any of you been in a tough, dire situation that seemed to be heading for total disaster only to save it in the end by bringing more light and positivity to the situation? I know that a big part of 'turning on the light' is raising one's vibration and I do manage to do that, but only for a short time before I spiral downward all over again. So, in short, I'm getting nowhere.

Thanks to anyone who offers me some advice and/or consolation. I really appreciate it. Blessings to you all!

P.S. I wasn't sure where to post this, but here. If it better suits another board, I'm fine with having it moved!
Old 07-08-2017, 07:50 AM
Master
Can turn on the light mean to examine something more clearly, in the light, perhaps to gain clearer self-knowledge (which can be the greatest good) from the situation you have found yourself in?
Old 07-08-2017, 07:58 AM
Knower
Location: I'm a homesick Californian from Lake Tahoe/Truckee, living in England.
Possibly, it could mean that and thank you.

The thing is, I feel I have examined things -- including myself -- too much and that there's been a lot of 'overthinking' going on with me which is part of the problem.

A few years ago, something about my path as a soul was revealed to me in a dream and through synchroniticies in-line with that dream. What I'm going through now -- have been going through -- is an off-shoot of all that and an unfortunate one. Things are not as they should be. Maybe they were 'supposed' to be this way (at first) to teach me to grow but now, I feel it's all gone on longer than it should've and hence, this guidance I was recently given. That's all I can say.

But again, you could be right. Maybe there's something I'm not seeing or recognizing, something crucial. We don't always see what's right in front of us after all. ;-)
Old 07-08-2017, 01:19 PM
Suspended
Quote:
Originally Posted by SierraNevadaStar
I'm going through something I'd rather not share (for privacy reasons). Also, there's so much to it, it would take ages to write down here. Just the same, it has been a long, dark, steep and highly difficult road for a few years now. It's taken its toll on me to be certain and things have never been worse with it all than they are now. It feels like a great injustice has been done to me so much is wrapped up in countless lies and illusion. It hurts me a lot on a daily basis. I feel I'm being robbed of an important aspect of my destiny and in truth, I am. I am still getting messages to continue, to keep trying, but I feel like giving up.

Hey SierraNevadaStar, the road you are on seems dark an difficult? its been a few years? you must have come far, look back if you want an see how far you have come, don't give up, find your inner warrior and keep going. Why is it difficult though? have you asked yourself this? what truly is making your situation difficult? im not asking for you to tell me or the forum its private you said, thats fine but for yourself maybe deeper reflection can help.

Quote:
So, more recently, I had one of my 'heavy' and spiritual dreams. While I was waking up and was still in the hypnapompic state, I 'saw' with my inner vision some text before me. What I was able to retain from it was the following: "Turn on the light and the imbalances of truth and justice will withdraw themselves." Then, still in my inner vision, I saw a light go on that shone with a golden glow.

Turn on your light... Love, that inner light is Love.

Quote:
Suffice it to say, I'm very grateful for this insight and as much as I may be well-versed in some aspects of the spiritual, I am not sure if I can ever 'turn on the light' enough to 'turn the tide,' you know? I am not even sure I know how to turn on the light consistently enough to effect grandiose and lasting changes.

The situation I'm in is bad and it's heartbreaking. With a mind that was 'conditioned' to worry, to doubt, and to fear early on, it feels like the odds are against me -- that, and because of my present 'status' in life.

What i think you have to do is Love yourself and really be there for yourself, your situation is heartbreaking to you and your worrying, feeling doubtful and fearful, you use these words.. its ok to feel all of those things but you can be there for yourself through all of that, children feel those things and there mother normally supports them with Love and they feel better... so be that for yourself.

Quote:
I'm wondering if some of you might have ideas on how to 'turn on the light' and to keep it on. Have any of you been in a tough, dire situation that seemed to be heading for total disaster only to save it in the end by bringing more light and positivity to the situation? I know that a big part of 'turning on the light' is raising one's vibration and I do manage to do that, but only for a short time before I spiral downward all over again. So, in short, I'm getting nowhere.

I have been in situations that were tough for me, but i guess every one has haven't they. I feel like these times can be good for us though, the times were you feel like life is just destroying you is when you are being transformed, or stuff is getting shaken up so change can take place and it helps to find that balance within yourself i think between a warrior and a loving mother in these times... also a good sense of humour can help to sometimes.

Quote:
Thanks to anyone who offers me some advice and/or consolation. I really appreciate it. Blessings to you all!

No problem, thank you too, i just felt like replying, don't be to harsh on yourself, just do your best what else can you do.

Last edited by Nature Grows : 07-08-2017 at 04:41 PM.
Old 07-08-2017, 02:48 PM
Knower
Nature Grows,

i wrote you this long (ish) post thanking you for your response and lost it since this site seems to like to sign me out constantly and of its own accord! So for now, I will just say 'thank you' (again) and that I cannot say just how much I appreciate your genuine and lovely response to my post.

Maybe I will try to rewrite what I'd said later on when I'm not so tired and haven't already been writing/working for hours. There are things you said which I'd like to address specifically -- things which matter to me a great deal and this was one among them:

Turn on your light... Love, that inner light is Love.

You know how right you are about that one, don't you? ;-) I hope so!

Best wishes always!
Old 07-08-2017, 04:34 PM
Suspended
Your welcome SierraNevadaStar, if you write a long post you can copy it before you click post that way you don't lose it, same thing has happened to me before too.
Old 07-08-2017, 09:45 PM
Master

all i can say is, turning on a light doesn't make sense if you are already IN the light.
Old 07-08-2017, 11:08 PM
Suspended
Quote:
Originally Posted by FallingLeaves
all i can say is, turning on a light doesn't make sense if you are already IN the light.

Her vision about the light, telling her to turn on the light was to me a message to her, to become more loving within herself, towards herself, in a rough time so that she can heal and move through it, thats what i mentioned in my post.

What you have said here is non dual i guess yea? that is what you are going for, like alot of the people in the spiritual community they want to speak in non dual ways i have noticed, thats fine but to me non duality includes duality and non duality within it and is also beyond the ideas of both of them, non duality means everything so while coming from a state of non duality or understanding of it, its ok to talk in ways that seem dual... im just saying this because i feel like sometimes spiritual people don't want to say stuff because they think they may come off as a "duality type of person" or something like that, you know what i mean? thats all, Thanks for your post.
Old 07-08-2017, 11:23 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nature Grows
Her vision about the light, telling her to turn on the light was to me a message to her, to become more loving within herself, towards herself, in a rough time so that she can heal and move through it, thats what i mentioned in my post.

What you have said here is non dual i guess yea? that is what you are going for, like alot of the people in the spiritual community they want to speak in non dual ways i have noticed, thats fine but to me non duality includes duality and non duality within it and is also beyond the ideas of both of them, non duality means everything so while coming from a state of non duality or understanding of it, its ok to talk in ways that seem dual... im just saying this because i feel like sometimes spiritual people don't want to say stuff because they think they may come off as a "duality type of person" or something like that, you know what i mean? thats all, Thanks for your post.

no I'm not really in the nondual camp. It is a lot of meaninglessness to me which I guess is why people like it... personally it doesn't seem like a good road to go down.

I was just trying to say that in my experience, if you are in the dark anyway, that seems to me like the best time to turn on the lights.
Old 07-08-2017, 11:25 PM
Suspended
Quote:
Originally Posted by FallingLeaves
no I'm not really in the nondual camp. It is a lot of meaninglessness to me which I guess is why people like it... personally it doesn't seem like a good road to go down.

I was just trying to say that in my experience, if you are in the dark anyway, that seems to me like the best time to turn on the lights.

Oh ok lol, no worries, sorry.