Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 02-02-2012, 11:07 PM
Pathfinder
Quote:
Originally Posted by res
I tend to agree Keiko. Some of those that follow this observation believe that their true consciousness resides in the spirit realm and that we only visit earth to learn lessons. Maybe those higher selves need to start holding classes in their own realm and leave visiting earth as a holiday that is meant to be enjoyed. Those little things like tasting different foods, creating life and experiencing material things that may not exist in the realms of higher self....all within balance ofcourse. I didnt come here to be hurt and mis treated but i suppose there is always one idiot you come across that will try to spoil your holiday, its whether you let him that counts.

I do believe in karmic law or cause and effect in this world and to some extent that it can be corrected in either realms though im sure i will be no closer to the truth untill the holiday is over.

Its funny that i spent so much time trying to understand the workings of the other realm when it was really distracting me from the experience i came here to have in the first place ... I suppose the truth will be known when the holiday is over

Ive never thought as my life been a holiday Res i started thinking of all the negatives, working bills money crime and on the lines of who would want to experience earth?, but then flipping side i suppose yes, tasting foods the love of a child and experiencing all this is different to what you get in the spirit realm. not that id choose to do it again lifes tiring and one big rat race, perhaps if i was a millionaire who didnt need to work & had a lakeside cabin i would feel very differently
Old 03-02-2012, 04:45 AM
Experiencer

But there's still the problems that are just inherent in physical existence, Keiko. Regardless of how much wealth or power or fame you have, you still have sickness, injury, aging, bereavement, and ultimately, death.

Jim
Old 03-02-2012, 07:20 AM
res

Yeah...Bring on the money and lakeside cabin .

I can accept a little bad in my life to appreciate the good in contrast.

When i pass and look back over my life i am sure i will feel that every second that i had the privilege of sharing the love of my parents, children, wife, friends and lifes experiences will greatly overshadow any negative symptom that could ever come my way as a result of that experience ending. Maybe my choice of glasses are just too rosey
Old 03-02-2012, 10:54 AM
Pathfinder
Quote:
Originally Posted by Left Behind
But there's still the problems that are just inherent in physical existence, Keiko. Regardless of how much wealth or power or fame you have, you still have sickness, injury, aging, bereavement, and ultimately, death.

Jim

i wouldnt want power or fame but a bit more money would make life more enjoyable, but i agree thats why i wouldnt come back and do it all again
Old 03-02-2012, 11:11 AM
Pathfinder
Quote:
Originally Posted by res

When i pass and look back over my life i am sure i will feel that every second that i had the privilege of sharing the love of my parents, children, wife, friends and lifes experiences will greatly overshadow any negative symptom that could ever come my way as a result of that experience ending. Maybe my choice of glasses are just too rosey

but some people dont just get alittle bad in their life though they get bucket loads of bad.
I consider myself very lucky compared to many and im just thankful for my healthy family and friends around me and feel blessed that i do have them- cause i know many people who aren't close to their loved ones and dont have that close knit family unit.
Dont get me wrong im happy with my life & likewise will be able to reflect back fondly.

perhaps i need a pair of your glasses Res
Old 03-02-2012, 05:01 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by res

You won't even need money there, Res.

Jim
Old 03-02-2012, 05:05 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keiko
i wouldnt want power or fame but a bit more money would make life more enjoyable, but i agree thats why i wouldnt come back and do it all again

Yes: no matter how much money you have, you're still trapped in a body that will inevitably become injured and ill, and will decline with age.

I'm thinking of the line from the movie Godfather, Part 2, where Michael Corleone asks Hyman Roth, the old ganster, who's reportedly worth $300 million: "How's your health?" Roth replies: "Terrible! I'd give $4 million just to be able to take a **** without it hurting!"

Jim