Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Paganism

Old 28-06-2012, 07:45 AM
breath

Akkadian Influences in your practice?

I've been studying the timeline of history concerning religions and spiritual paths.

The oldest one that exists is the Akkadian religion, where they talk of Gilgamesh, also seen in the bible. Although oddly before any sign of that religion, is a statue of what would later become venus in a grave with someone much older.

Do any pagans focus on these older gods, and if so - what's their names? I'd love to meet some. Would be good if they were on this site too.

Thanks
Old 28-06-2012, 08:23 AM
Master
Have a look-see in here

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mesopotamian_religion
Old 29-06-2012, 06:56 PM
Animus27

Here's Tess Dawson's site that focuses on Canaanite religion. Not exactly Akkadian, but closely related.

http://canaanitepath.com/

You should be able to find some good information on Levantine religion, she cites many scholarly works, from what I've seen.
Old 10-07-2012, 03:38 PM
Tanith

I know that my name is derived from a lunar goddess of the Phoenicians; though if she is still honored by modern-day followers of the pantheons from that area I am not sure. Many other goddesses which were associated with her are likely more well-known. While I honor her because she lent me her name I know little about the rest of her brethren.

Animus; that is an amazing site. I was unaware that there was a strong revival of the ancient Middle East polytheism! Adding that definately to my favorites so I can do more studying on it :)
Old 10-07-2012, 09:03 PM
Animus27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanith

Animus; that is an amazing site. I was unaware that there was a strong revival of the ancient Middle East polytheism! Adding that definately to my favorites so I can do more studying on it :)
I'm glad you like it, Tanith!