Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Vegetarian & Vegan

Old 17-01-2016, 09:27 AM
Newbie ;)
Seeker

Woke up a Vegetarian.

Hi everyone :)

To cut a long story short, I unconsciously became a Vegetarian a few days ago. When I say unconsciously, I mean that I did not think about this - nor plan it. I realise now that my third eye is open and due to the light and knowledge now within me, eating meat is not right for myself or my life.

I have eaten meat all my life without a second thought, but now...I can't even handle or prepare it anymore (my family eat meat). I'm blessed with a wonderful husband so this is not a problem.

I love vegetables and I'm a creative cook - I'm also enjoying trying new things whether soy based or not.

I am wondering if this sort of thing happened to anyone here? Did you find that you naturally gravitated away from meat shortly after (or immediately after) you experienced your Awakening? Did you find you became even more creative and cooking became a big part of your spiritual journey?

I would love to hear your stories.

Myoho x
Old 17-01-2016, 10:03 AM
Master

I would say it is a common phenomena. When people become 'awakened' the light of love and realisation opens their eyes to things that previously they had overlooked. And of course being complicit in the slaughter industry is one of those things that dawns on them and they adopt a more compassionate diet and lifestyle.

Good for you, dear Myoho.

http://holy-lance.blogspot.com
Old 21-03-2016, 11:07 PM
Master
Funny to find this post. Thursday night last week suddenly I can't even consider eating meat.
Never thought I'd see the day. It wasn't a choice or desission it just happened to me.

I see death when I see meat now instead of food.
Old 21-03-2016, 11:20 PM
Deactivated Account
It's interesting how this does indeed happen. Mine is a long story, and I was always vegetarian underneath I would say, but yes I would agree that it happens with spiritual evolution. :)

https://youtu.be/1q-k1Ev8fVc
Old 21-03-2016, 11:29 PM
Experiencer
Just to bump the scale. This does not happen to everyone. My third eye is wide open and it is not a long story. I consume meat without regret.

A man who has not passed through the inferno of his passions has not overcome them.

-- Carl Jung
Old 22-03-2016, 12:08 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by SemperVI
Just to bump the scale. This does not happen to everyone. My third eye is wide open and it is not a long story. I consume meat without regret.
I get that. Maybe because mine wasn't a choice. Perhaps it's a personal path.
I certainly wouldn't judge others for eating it either. I think for me it just became necessary suddenly. Very weird to experience. I've been experiencing some blocks lately, it's possible this is my way through them.

Last edited by TheGlow : 22-03-2016 at 02:12 AM.
Old 22-03-2016, 12:44 AM
Master
I think it means you're in a really good space Myoho
Old 22-03-2016, 02:12 AM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGlow
I get that. Maybe because mine wasn't a choice. Perhaps it's a personal path.
I certainly wouldn't judge others for eating it either. I think for me it just became necessary suddenly. Very weird to experience

I totally get where you are coming from and admire that you are following your heart. While I still eat meat - my attitudes and behavior also changed in ways I did not anticipate or plan after becoming more aware of my surroundings.

A man who has not passed through the inferno of his passions has not overcome them.

-- Carl Jung
Old 22-03-2016, 04:44 AM
Knower
Whether we like the idea of eating meat or not, there are still essential nutrients which can mostly be found in meat so either we get it from there or have to supplement. My wife ping pongs between "fruitarianism" and eating hamburgers - why? - because her body knows she needs what's in it, most likely.

A lot of people are waking up to the horrible reality of how most meat is treated in life and also processed, and truthfully eating mostly plant based is a lot more healthy, but fish and fowl especially I would say are important for me. The occasional large land animal too, but I'd rather get that from something that leads a natural life and is genetically local to the area. Also nice when you know what it is, and don't have to consider that maybe you're actually eating scraps from 100 different cows in one sitting.

There are so many aspects to diet it's crazy. Not only is it about weight loss, or healthy cardiovascular system, or fighting cancer, or being kind to animals, imo there is also a much overlooked spiritual aspect to eating, and literally certain things our spirit needs at certain times.

Most of the "food" that we get which is processed, whether meat based or not, is dead. There might be vitamins and minerals added back into it, but it's dead. And whether you go with meat or plants, the best source is as direct as possible. If you're going to eat meat then hunt yourself or get it from friends who hunt and fish or have a farm. Forage berries and fungi in the woods. Make a garden.

Having such a connection to the land is more than wishful hippie thinking, it is how we're made to function and eventually people who think a little bit with their own brain and feel anything with their soul break out of the system's unsustainable bubble eventually and realize it at some point.
Old 20-09-2016, 09:43 PM
Pathfinder

A lot of people were influenced by other people, friends and famous people who became vegans... but I know people, like you, who woke up one day and just decide to go healthy way and just threw away all processed food, meat and just jumped into being a vegan. it's different routes we take to a same goal- be healthy and be in peace with yourself and nature.