Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Non Duality

Old 12-12-2017, 01:43 AM
Master

Character and Neo Advaita.

It may not be clear how NA may assist seekers depending on the character of the seeker.

The basis is as always the concept All is One. It may be that it has been encountered many times during the search but the vibration frequency of the seeker has not been on the same wavelength as the concept for various reasons. One such reason may be that the seeker has been inclined towards/focused on/considering the numerous paths and practises on offer which state that there is a distance between seeker and sought. This focus is not surpising as such solutions to the search are by far in the majority.

NA is the only solution that states there is already no distance between seeker and sought no matter what state the seeker is already in. Exploring this option may be attractive to seekers who have become dissolutioned with paths and practises or are characters who lack the discipline for such, or you may have always had a feeling that the solution to the search is that all is perfect and complete just as it already is.

Should any of that apply to you it may lead to a feeling of despair that nothing works for you, but that is exactly the place in which the concept All is One may resonate.

Nisargadatta said many things but he also said to one questioner in such a state of despair to trust him when he said that his state of despair was already a most benefictial state in which he may be able to see that he was already what he sought. Such is the essence of Neo Advaita.

Good luck
Old 12-12-2017, 03:29 AM
Master
Personally? Honestly? I think that Advaita just isn't for me, according to my own character which should also be part of this whole non-dual thing, but it isn't.

It may be like that according to everybody else, but not according to me. Oneness doesn't exist as who I am. I still exist as I...and Oneness still exists as Oneness.

I have also learned that what subjectively happens to me is the only thing that matters! The only thing I need to concern myself with as the beliefs, characters, faiths, concerns of other people are totally irrelevant in my individual case!

Nothing that applies to anybody else, applies to me in any way, shape or form...except for the worship of an exclusive Hindu deity, perhaps. lol

According to my character and temperament, I don't go in for all this 'impersonalist' stuff. I mean I have been there, experienced that, got the "Oneness is ALL" Tee-shirt, but it felt so dry to me...so 'heady' to me...without any 'grounding in reality' to me.

This is my own personal summation...I am not trying to persuade/influence anybody because it is a free world and each life is a free-life, but after spending two weeks on this sub forum almost exclusively...to re-visit a path I left behind me about 2 years ago...it only went to reconfirm why I did. I am a Bhakti Yogi...that is my path! Duality is my path!

The difference being, I can see Duality for what it is, where most cannot and allow themselves to become trapped and entangled within it.

Being a Dualist is nothing bad...nothing to be ashamed of...and if it leads to a place of personal salvation and fulfillment, all the better.

Old 12-12-2017, 05:06 AM
Master
[
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamit
It may not be clear how NA may assist seekers depending on the character of the seeker.

Don't thay say something like, that seeking is that sought?

Quote:
The basis is as always the concept All is One. It may be that it has been encountered many times during the search but the vibration frequency of the seeker has not been on the same wavelength as the concept for various reasons. One such reason may be that the seeker has been inclined towards/focused on/considering the numerous paths and practises on offer which state that there is a distance between seeker and sought. This focus is not surpising as such solutions to the search are by far in the majority.

Yes, the subject is primarily based on the premise: what is the case is discoverable.

Quote:
NA is the only solution that states there is already no distance between seeker and sought no matter what state the seeker is already in. Exploring this option may be attractive to seekers who have become dissolutioned with paths and practises or are characters who lack the discipline for such, or you may have always had a feeling that the solution to the search is that all is perfect and complete just as it already is.

I'm of persuasion that seeking need stop for looking to begin.

Quote:
Should any of that apply to you it may lead to a feeling of despair that nothing works for you, but that is exactly the place in which the concept All is One may resonate.

Nisargadatta said many things but he also said to one questioner in such a state of despair to trust him when he said that his state of despair was already a most benefictial state in which he may be able to see that he was already what he sought. Such is the essence of Neo Advaita.

Good luck

Cool. I'm a big fan of Nis.
Old 12-12-2017, 05:36 AM
Master
I'm not 'seeking' anymore either. Whatever it was that I sought had already found me, early on in my life. There was nothing to look for, nothing more to 'seek and ye shall find'.

This 'seek and ye shall find' and 'knock and the door shall be opened' is what allures Western non-Christians to a supported idealism using Christian doctrine...but that's a thread on its own for another day perhaps.

I already had 'that' inside me, in full force!...not only inside, but outside as well...everywhere, in fact! however, I could only experience it through an aspect of Self...but it wasn't who "I" was in entirety...it had it's own essence...it's own consciousness apart from mine...any notion of 'me' on a heart-level was only just a tiny part of it.

I felt this consciousness...this energy as an 'entity'...an actual, existing 'being' and it had revealed itself to be that way, time after time throughout my life and from a very young age, I associated it with the name/form/concept of the Hindu Deity, Maharaja Devata - Mahadeva - Shiva. This was confirmed on every level of my personal mind, consciousness, heart and anything else that took form within the sphere of my individuised existence.

When I feel it inside...at those times the ego and mind allows it, it is indescribable - I'd never go back to Advaita Vedanta again...I mean, yeah, I talk about it here...but that's as far as it goes. That path just isn't for me, even though I walked it for about 10 years.
Old 12-12-2017, 11:02 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivani Devi
Personally? Honestly? I think that Advaita just isn't for me, according to my own character which should also be part of this whole non-dual thing, but it isn't.

It may be like that according to everybody else, but not according to me. Oneness doesn't exist as who I am. I still exist as I...and Oneness still exists as Oneness.

I have also learned that what subjectively happens to me is the only thing that matters! The only thing I need to concern myself with as the beliefs, characters, faiths, concerns of other people are totally irrelevant in my individual case!

Nothing that applies to anybody else, applies to me in any way, shape or form...except for the worship of an exclusive Hindu deity, perhaps. lol

According to my character and temperament, I don't go in for all this 'impersonalist' stuff. I mean I have been there, experienced that, got the "Oneness is ALL" Tee-shirt, but it felt so dry to me...so 'heady' to me...without any 'grounding in reality' to me.

This is my own personal summation...I am not trying to persuade/influence anybody because it is a free world and each life is a free-life, but after spending two weeks on this sub forum almost exclusively...to re-visit a path I left behind me about 2 years ago...it only went to reconfirm why I did. I am a Bhakti Yogi...that is my path! Duality is my path!

The difference being, I can see Duality for what it is, where most cannot and allow themselves to become trapped and entangled within it.

Being a Dualist is nothing bad...nothing to be ashamed of...and if it leads to a place of personal salvation and fulfillment, all the better.

You have said on this forum that you accept, as I do, that Oneness/Brahman is the only reality, if so what else real is available to manifest as 'you'? Has that changed for you? Do you no longer regard Oneness/Brahman as the only reality? If that has changed for you, are you merely the separate organism you appear to be or what?
Old 12-12-2017, 11:48 AM
Master
Quote:
You have said on this forum that you accept, as I do, that Oneness/Brahman is the only reality, if so what else real is available to manifest as 'you'? Has that changed for you? Do you no longer regard Oneness/Brahman as the only reality? If that has changed for you, are you merely the separate organism you appear to be or what?

Quote:
I'm not 'seeking' anymore either. Whatever it was that I sought had already found me, early on in my life. There was nothing to look for, nothing more to 'seek and ye shall find'.

This 'seek and ye shall find' and 'knock and the door shall be opened' is what allures Western non-Christians to a supported idealism using Christian doctrine...but that's a thread on its own for another day perhaps.

I already had 'that' inside me, in full force!...not only inside, but outside as well...everywhere, in fact! however, I could only experience it through an aspect of Self...but it wasn't who "I" was in entirety...it had it's own essence...it's own consciousness apart from mine...any notion of 'me' on a heart-level was only just a tiny part of it.

I felt this consciousness...this energy as an 'entity'...an actual, existing 'being' and it had revealed itself to be that way, time after time throughout my life and from a very young age, I associated it with the name/form/concept of the Hindu Deity, Maharaja Devata - Mahadeva - Shiva. This was confirmed on every level of my personal mind, consciousness, heart and anything else that took form within the sphere of my individuised existence.

When I feel it inside...at those times the ego and mind allows it, it is indescribable - I'd never go back to Advaita Vedanta again...I mean, yeah, I talk about it here...but that's as far as it goes. That path just isn't for me, even though I walked it for about 10 years.

The answer appears in the above.

Brahman is still the only true reality (Satya), although it is not who/what "I" am on the level of existence within this material world and sense of it....all this is just a 'false reality' called Mithya:

http://www.advaita.org.uk/discourses...ons/mithyA.htm

All I will ever be aware of, all I'll ever be able to connect with in the dual sense, is the Saguna aspect of Brahman, revealed to me as Lord Shiva (Mahadeva) fully representing and indicating the Nirguna aspect of Brahman (Sadashiva/Bhairava), which is totally beyond a manifested awareness of this mind or consciousness and thus it has nothing to do with what "I" am, even though I've had glimpses of it and immersions into it from time to time...yet "I" always remain distinct from it, as a whole....it's totally blissful, peaceful and joyous when it happens though! <3

https://www.chakras.net/yoga-princip...una-and-saguna

It is very difficult to understand this and too complicated/complex for another person to 'get it' really.

Good luck with trying though. =)
Old 12-12-2017, 05:12 PM
Master

Quote:
The answer appears in the above.

Brahman is still the only true reality (Satya), although it is not who/what "I" am on the level of existence within this material world and sense of it....all this is just a 'false reality' called Mithya:

http://www.advaita.org.uk/discourses...ons/mithyA.htm

All I will ever be aware of, all I'll ever be able to connect with in the dual sense, is the Saguna aspect of Brahman, revealed to me as Lord Shiva (Mahadeva) fully representing and indicating the Nirguna aspect of Brahman (Sadashiva/Bhairava), which is totally beyond a manifested awareness of this mind or consciousness and thus it has nothing to do with what "I" am, even though I've had glimpses of it and immersions into it from time to time...yet "I" always remain distinct from it, as a whole....it's totally blissful, peaceful and joyous when it happens though! <3

https://www.chakras.net/yoga-princip...una-and-saguna

It is very difficult to understand this and too complicated/complex for another person to 'get it' really.

Good luck with trying though. =)

That clarifies how you see yourself....thanks. What the difference is between the 'you' seeing and the you being seen is not so clear to me unless it is Brahman watching Shivani in the duality movie as though there appears to be many characters but only one actor.
Old 12-12-2017, 06:09 PM
Master
Quote:
That clarifies how you see yourself....thanks. What the difference is between the 'you' seeing and the you being seen is not so clear to me unless it is Brahman watching Shivani in the duality movie as though there appears to be many characters but only one actor.
The easiest way to explain it, is that this 'duality movie' is mithya in and of itself, so whatever characters appear in it, even the concept of Brahman or 'one actor' is still in this 'duality movie' and therefore, not the Ultimate Truth.

Even 'Oneness' or 'All Is One' is still mithya, as it's just a concept within a relation to something else until it experientially realised, and then there aren't even any actors anymore!

The difference between "me' seeing and the 'me' being seen, is that there is no 'me' doing either, until such times as I am there again.

First there is a mountain...then there is no mountain...then there is.

As I said, it's impossible to try and understand it.
Old 12-12-2017, 06:33 PM
Master

Quote:
The easiest way to explain it, is that the 'duality movie' is mithya itself, so whatever characters that appear in it, even the concept of Brahman or 'one actor' is still in this 'duality movie' and therefore, not the ultimate truth. Even 'Oneness' or 'All Is One' is still Mithya, it's just a concept within a relation to something else until it experientially realised, and then there isn't even any actors anymore.

The difference between "me' seeing and the 'me' being seen, is that there is no 'me' doing either, until such times as I am there again.

First there is a mountain...then there is no mountain...then there is.

As I said, it's impossible to try and understand it.

Yes all is in the movie. There is nothing but the movie and yet in the movie the idea manifests that despite the manifestation of difference that is the movie, All is One, and that that idea can trancend the movie and end the feeling of disconnection by knowing that the seeker is nothing and therefore everything.

"Knowing you are nothing is wisdom, knowing you are everything is love"

Nisargadatta
Old 12-12-2017, 06:43 PM
Master
Quote:
Yes all is in the movie. There is nothing but the movie and yet in the movie the idea manifests that despite the manifestation of difference that is the movie, All is One, and that that idea can trancend the movie and end the feeling of disconnection by knowing that the seeker is nothing and therefore everything.

"Knowing you are nothing is wisdom, knowing you are everything is love"

Nisargadatta

Until there is no more 'knowing' and then love exists in and of itself and the 'movie' ends.

My 'Higher Self' who is yet another character in this 'dual movie' said to explain it this way;

Ramana Maharishi, for all of his 'Self Inquiry'...for all his 'Advaita' for all his 'all is Brahman' had one thing...one relation within this 'dual universe' to be able understand it all....to get into that state, to reach that conclusion....his beloved hill of Arunachala.

Arunachala is also a manifestation of Lord Shiva...so whenever he saw the hill of Arunachala, he saw Lord Shiva...whenever he saw Lord Shiva, it led him to realise that Shiva was within and without...it led him from Saguna Brahman (Arunachala) to Nirguna Brahman (Paramatman)...but he still loved that hill, in this full-on duality movie all his life.

There is nothing I can do to stop myself, to stop my heart from also feeling this incredible love for Lord Shiva...for Brahman...and so, I will live in this 'Duality Movie' until Shiva takes me beyond it into Non-Duality...then I come back down into Duality again...then into Non-Duality again...then into Duality again....until I see that even Duality VS Non-Duality is STILL Duality!