Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Crystals & Gemstones

Old 13-12-2017, 12:02 AM
Experiencer
What are some crystals for AGAINST nostalgic emotions/memories

If there is one thing I hate, it's the heart broken feeling of nostalgia. What is so good about nostalgia? Excuse my language, but it! I want to be happy in my ever real present. However I hate when I get in nostalgic feelings... makes me so sad.

Is there any crystal that would promote a vibe/energy that would be far from nostalgic? Sorry if this is a stupid/silly thread. It might be..

Last edited by Lynn : 13-12-2017 at 05:19 AM.
Old 13-12-2017, 03:40 AM
Master
Hi.

I have done a search on this for you, what came up is a list firstly of 5 stones that aid in letting go of the past and in healing of emotions, past.

This is just a suggestion list from online sources-

1. Rutilated Quartz- this is listed, I have also heard of phantom quartz being a great stone for this.

2. Smoky quartz- I have had many good feelings about smoky quartz in general, I feel this too would be a stone helpful with this.

3. Aquamarine- beautiful stone, calming energy.

4.Petrified wood. I have never come across this, seems to me as an impression could also add some strength, to your goal.

5. Citrine- Aids in a positive attitude.

My personal preference would be to use smoky quartz, phantom quartz, clear quartz or petrified wood with a yellow or red orange stone to give the desired results with a splash of the colored stone to aid in positive thinking. Or add in the aquamarine for calming.

Final thought for you here, is to go with whichever crystals feel good for you, ones that uplift you, and leave you feeling positive. Also simply take care of yourself at this time, do things you enjoy and focus some of your energy on that to naturally get your mind off the past and gently focused on the present and future.

Hope that helps.
Best wishes to you.
Old 13-12-2017, 05:24 AM
Administrator
4.Petrified wood. I have never come across this, seems to me as an impression could also add some strength, to your goal.

Hello

I have a few pieces of this stone/wood. Its a nice natural balance.

I go with Smokey Quartz for emotions as it cleanses them nicely and then hold them in place so they dont flow back at you.

For the heart and the pains that can be trapped there I would try Rose Quartz in the shape of a heart....or Amethyst best in a raw form.

If your picking up maybe emotions from others this is empathy then I would suggest wearing Obsidian.

There is only one way to clear feelings from the past that is face them full on talk them out and find out what brings them back in. This is often the Hamster Wheel in life's path.

Lynn
Old 14-12-2017, 12:29 AM
Master
What works wonders is green jade. Also amazonite.
I also find that white jade helps. Emerald too. But specifically for this stuff green jade or amazonite is recommended. That's why I bought it myself a while ago. And it DOES actually work.
Right now dealing with a broken heart after breakup so quite acute, the green jade works a treat. I may go to amazonite when the worst hurt has gone. Maybe for nostalgic feelings it is better, as I feel it is slightly more uplifting, while at the same time still easing the pain.

At night I sleep with my white jade skull. It has a very feminine, loving energy. Much different from rose quartz. Somehow it feels stronger than rose quartz, but then again I've ever been a rose quartz fan. But I got a top quality rose quartz skull too, yet that doesn't bring as much alleviation as the white jade does.
I think rose quartz would only 'soften' you, possibly making things more painful. I don't need to be 'softened', that would only make me feel the pain much more. I need strong support and love. Which is what white jade does for me.

I read about petrified wood the other day too. It really resonates, unfortunately I haven't got it. I may very well get it soon. I think it will bring a really warm caring energy that will help you feel better. Like a loving embrace.

On the other hand side... if you're still having nostalgic feelings... You may need something to help you get it out of your system. Diopsite may do that. It's called the "crying stone" as it helps you cry and thus release old stuff.
ALso you might benefit from stones/crystals for the solar plexus. Like the suggested citrine, but that doesn't resonate with everyone. Often yellow calcite is more gentle, or sunstone, which has very happy uplifting energy.
Maybe even a (dark) carnelian.
Old 16-12-2017, 02:32 AM
Experiencer
Thank you all very much for taking the time to reply!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaturninePluto
2. Smoky quartz- I have had many good feelings about smoky quartz in general, I feel this too would be a stone helpful with this.

Smokey Quartz will be acquired one day.. mostly I think because of my curiosity driven by its popularity. Not on my top list now however.

Quote:
3. Aquamarine- beautiful stone, calming energy.

Calming.... why not Selenite then? It's on my list :) But might not be good for nostalgia.

Since you have mentioned this crystal... I am actually confused about what should I acquire..... aquamarine vs amazonite vs apatite. I am interested into all of these 3 blue crystals. I shall see.

Quote:

Petrified wood looks to me like a beautiful Jasper :) Like all Jaspers. I will see, I think anyone should have a petrified wood in their collection just for the sake of it

Quote:
5. Citrine- Aids in a positive attitude.

Yes, however I have only so far found just 1 real vendor of real citrine... I shall purchase it one day because it is quite pricey and not local... most citrine is heated amethyst.

Quote:
Final thought for you here, is to go with whichever crystals feel good for you, ones that uplift you, and leave you feeling positive. Also simply take care of yourself at this time, do things you enjoy and focus some of your energy on that to naturally get your mind off the past and gently focused on the present and future.

Hope that helps.
Best wishes to you.

Thank you for your words :) I am usually okay when in my envoirnment... either alone or with people of my own age.. but when surrounded for too long with either old people and toddlers in the same house without my age (30).... I tend to get nostalgic....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynn
For the heart and the pains that can be trapped there I would try Rose Quartz in the shape of a heart....

I have a rose quartz egg... but for some reason.. I'm not that fascinated about rose quartz. I might be one day.. but not currently due to several reasons.

Quote:
If your picking up maybe emotions from others this is empathy then I would suggest wearing Obsidian.

You know what, you are so so so right! Literally... really! Most things I read I think are just opinions but what you said it's like a real fact. I am picking up emotions and I get frustrated because I do not want to pick up emotions and I am getting even more angry when I see people around me getting mad/upset/bad mood due to very stupid reasons. Recently I started wearing my obsidian sphere.. and it feels like I care way less and I have more self control. Just because I care less doesn't mean I act like I selfish, no. But I simply seem to be affected way less.. it's a very strange vibe. The color Black defines the vibe. Can't put it into words.

Quote:
There is only one way to clear feelings from the past that is face them full on talk them out and find out what brings them back in. This is often the Hamster Wheel in life's path.
Lynn

Would love to know more about this... I have posted a similar question here http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=119206 and as I link to it I see you replied <3 but I will read after I will finish this post here.

Thing is.. I do not want to avoid triggers..I want to face them full on, talk them out.. but isn't it possible I may forget about doing so and they might come back later on? Well.. Hamster Wheel sounds about right.

In my opinion.. and I'm not the greatest expert.. but I feel like I know something after all these years. We can repress feelings and forget about them. We can also never ever think about these feelings/emotions/sad events/repressed emotions~. We can forget. However, I think it is very possible that even if we forget about them, it does not mean that we are healed or got rid of their side effects~. It might affect us very much, we might have emotional/psychological~ complexions. We might not realize it's because of x or y. Hope you know what I mean...

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairyCrystal
At night I sleep with my white jade skull. It has a very feminine, loving energy. Much different from rose quartz. Somehow it feels stronger than rose quartz, but then again I've ever been a rose quartz fan. But I got a top quality rose quartz skull too, yet that doesn't bring as much alleviation as the white jade does.

Any chance you would know, how to compare the white jade versus white selenite??

Quote:
I think rose quartz would only 'soften' you, possibly making things more painful. I don't need to be 'softened', that would only make me feel the pain much more. I need strong support and love. Which is what white jade does for me.

Thank you for pointing this out. I knew there was something about this rose quartz that I was not very attracted of... yet!! I do not need to be softened right now... I might want so when I will have my financial status set and my romance life set.. then I might want to get carried about love. But until then, I cannot let my heart dictate my life because my brain will give me a big depression for sure.

[quote=FairyCrystal]
Diopsite may do that. It's called the "crying stone" as it helps you cry and thus release old stuff.[quote=FairyCrystal]

Well.. the black obsidian can make me cry like a mother who lost all her 30 children in one war ... or like a baby If i'd pair it with diopsite, I might faint from crying when releasing old stuff. But thank you for pointing this one out!

Quote:
ften yellow calcite is more gentle, or sunstone, which has very happy uplifting energy.
Maybe even a (dark) carnelian.

I own a yellow calcite... it's very mysterious actually... wish people would know more about it.. it's not just what some sites say it is... it's like a very crazy amplifier also.

And yes.. carnelian.. oh my.. I was supposed to get this since such a long time. I think I need it very much as well. One day tho :)

Thank you all for replying to me :)
Old 16-12-2017, 03:00 AM
Master
Quote:
Calming.... why not Selenite then? It's on my list :) But might not be good for nostalgia.

Since you have mentioned this crystal... I am actually confused about what should I acquire..... aquamarine vs amazonite vs apatite. I am interested into all of these 3 blue crystals. I shall see.

If you feel Selenite would help to calm you like I said go with your instinct and what crystals appeal to you personally. I feel when we find ourselves drawn to something like that, that there is a reason, and it may be something we need or that indeed will help at the time. While it may not be said by numerous sources that selenite helps with nostalgic feelings, that does not mean that it doesn't. If it calls to you, and you purchase it then you would know whether it helps or not, we never truly know until we try.

Yes the blue stones. I currently have a large river worn rock I had found that seems to have red coloring in it, While it is more grayish than blue and has some red type mineral, for some reason despite this I find this stone (plain looking) very calming. It can looks tinted with blue from further away, that is what got me interested in blue stones like celestite and apatite. Viewed only online celestite and apatite evokes such feeling. I'd love to own one or two of these myself.

Take your time making your decision.

Perhaps combining selenite with obsidian is something you may consider, as you've indicated obsidian seems to help, along that you have an interest in selenite. Perhaps, that combination will suit you.

Quote:
Thank you for your words :) I am usually okay when in my envoirnment... either alone or with people of my own age.. but when surrounded for too long with either old people and toddlers in the same house without my age (30).... I tend to get nostalgic....

Ah yes. Personally it is quite different for me, people my own age or around there tend to aggravate me. I am just vastly different than those my own age.

I actually love younger people or those younger than me drastically like what you said toddler age. I would have a blast with all of them. When my niece comes I can not wait to talk to her and hang out. People my own age have children more interested in talking to me than my own age group do. For example a recent made friend would rather talk to my older parents, and her young son asks me questions and talks with me- says hi when he sees me.

My old neighbors had kids as well, and they liked to talk to me when they saw me about out of doors during the Summer. The neighbors were around my own age, but acted younger- not younger as in youthful but younger as in should know better. That is to say many times I find children who are more respectful than their parents.

Wish you the best and hope you find something that helps with this.

Whether it be crystals, talking, taking time to relax, or what have you.

All my best.
Old 16-12-2017, 10:24 AM
Master
Selenite vs. Jade... isn't that like apples and pears?
I only use selenite in my house for its high energies. It helps protect and keep negative energies out. It cleanses too.
It is porous, fragile as it is gypsum. I always feel its energy is like that too: subtle. Reach out and you go straight through, you've missed it.
I'm not really into selenite myself. I feel its energies are too subtle to really heal the heart and/or feelings of nostalgia. It will likely do so, but it will take time. It's subtle, soft, not so direct.

White jade on the other hand works directly on emotions. It especially helps to heal emotions, broken heart and so on. It is 'hands on', you won't have to feel for it to find it, it's there. It's tangible, loving, solid, and strong.
The more you wear or hold jade, the more it will start to shine. I've seen this with my own eyes with my Kunlun jade carvings :p (Kunlun jade is rather expensive, not really white, more cream). But getting shinier as you wear it goes for all jade, including the green jade.

I feel it does the same with your emotions and your heart: the more you wear it, the more it will heal them so the more they will begin to shine.

I've worked with jade for some 7 years now, mostly Kunlun jade, white jade, and last year added a tumbled piece of green jade to my collection.
Trust me, they DO work when your feelings are all over the place, your heart is broken and so on.
But if you're not drawn to it, don't get it.

About white jade:
White Jade is a gemstone that holds a lot of meaning and plenty of healing properties. It’s believed that it has a positive and brilliant power of light that’s right within the stone.

This stone is known for its power to make you feel calm and peaceful. Its powerful healing energies are known all over the world because it has the ability to purify the energies of your heart.

White Jade also has the ability to increase or enhance the energy of love in your life. It will make challenges seem easier, and it will make your troubled mind calmer.

This stone will help you in accepting certain truths in your life that you can no longer change.

The energies of this stone will inspire you to be kinder to people, and it will help you get rid of your feelings of isolation, loneliness, or abandonment.

White Jade will help you heal your old emotional wounds.

It will remove the hurt, anger, and bitterness in your heart, and it will shine a positive and healing light on your emotional trauma.

You may feel drawn to blue stones because maybe you need to express your feelings of nostalgia. Emotions can affect the throat chakra when we don't. Think of the 'lump in the throat'.
The same goes for orange stones that resonate with the 2nd chakra. Also to do with emotions. If you have hurt in your system, you may have gotten a problem with creating new emotions, ideas, creations of any kind. In that case a 2nd chakra stone may help to heal and release those. That's why I mentioned carnelian. I personally find the dark variety (Madagascar) very good for this purpose. It also works on the root chakra, it is very warm, yet powerful. I got myself a large tumbled one when I needed it. I knew a small, normal sized tumbler wouldn't do the trick, hihi.

In any case, get what you are drawn to. Or get a healing done by someone good so that all your chakras can be cleansed and realigned.
Hurt affects all of them, not just the one...
Old 16-12-2017, 01:18 PM
Seeker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbles
If there is one thing I hate, it's the heart broken feeling of nostalgia. What is so good about nostalgia? Excuse my language, but it! I want to be happy in my ever real present. However I hate when I get in nostalgic feelings... makes me so sad.

Is there any crystal that would promote a vibe/energy that would be far from nostalgic? Sorry if this is a stupid/silly thread. It might be..

Q: Are you looking for a crystal aid to protect you from external energies, or to suppress internal emotions for which you're having difficulty integrating?

The reason I ask is because if it's the latter, then you'll probably want crystals that helps to support emotional balance as you sit with and integrate those feelings. I like a mix of Rose Quartz for balance and Clear Quarts for intuition. If it's the former, then protection crystals might be a better choice. Black Obsidian is generally my choice for protection, but I find Tigers Eye also works well a lot of the time.

Generally speaking, you will be attracted to the crystals you need (they call to you) most of the time. Trust your intuition (higher self) to help guide you in selecting the crystals you use, as the symptoms on the surface don't always reveal the real issues (root cause). Sometimes we desire crystals on pure aesthetics, and sometimes we're attracted to them for a lesser known (at the time) reason, but they always serve a purpose.