Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Angels & Guides

Old 18-01-2013, 12:52 PM
Master
blasphemous..

hi everyone! sorry for the thread title lol.. and this thread..

but it's something I suppose I should inquire about..

it might just be something from my childhood, or an adversity to church or something religious like that, I don't know, but when I even hear or read the word angel.. well I don't really get good feelings... maybe it's even because of that trendy sort of stuff like tacky jewelry that says "angel" and "baby" and "princess" and stuff like that on it?

Angel doesn't come up that often in my life.. I guess the most I ever see it is when my brother comes to visit (barely twice a year now) and we play the game Magic and there are some "angel creatures" in the game.. now I know that my adversity to the word/idea doesn't come from there, I actually really like the angel cards and the characters on them and they're really positive although the game is overall dark..
but I thought I would mention that it's not like angel comes up that often in my world.. it's just like whenever I hear the word or read it online, or even try imagining, I don't know I just feel kind of annoyed!!
I don't suppose I should feel that way lol.. so I want to try and remedy it so the word angel has a positive connotation with me as it should..

any insight, advice or random musings are welcome, thank you

Old 18-01-2013, 01:39 PM
Master

Well, I can only tell you what my personal perspective on angels is - don't know how helpful that is to you, and I am sure as the day is long there are many other ways to think of them...

I was raised Catholic, so I had heard of Angels, but didn't get any good feelings from them either. Mother Mary and Jesus and I, well we did connect, but Angels...not really.

Later in my life I started reading Sylvia Browne. She has a spirit guide, Francine, who has given her information about the Other side over her lifetime and Sylvia wrote a book about angels, with their various different wing colors and heirarchy. She also said something that stuck with me. Each person comes into the physical with Angels. Some people have 2, some people have 5, depends on how many they need :). I really liked that thought and embraced it. The feeling of having Angels around me 24/7 helped settle something inside - like, no really, I'm not alone - I have instant help. I don't know, it was soothing.

Then I ran across someone saying something like, be careful not to turn away from say, a homeless person due to fear, because you could be turning away from Jesus. I think there's a saying that goes along with that. I had this knowing that that could be true. Angels can take human form and help people in accidents, help people whereever they may really need a helping hand, and I could so see Jesus wandering around, looking like a homeless person. I have looked at homeless people so differently because of it. I think the fear I had was, there for the grace of God go I. What that has to do with Angels, I don't know, kinda got off track.

I believe you can call upon the Angels whenever you need help of any kind. I live close to an airport and sometimes an in the traffic pattern. As the planes descend, their engines shift down and it sometimes makes a very loud strange sound, and whenever I hear that, I surround the plane with Angels and know that it will land safely at the airport.

Recently a family member had a situation with Angels that took all of our breaths away.

I believe they love us and are here for us, whether we know it or not, and help us more than we can ever realize.

I think the saying goes: be careful when meeting a stranger, you may be entertaining an Angel.

Hope this posts. Hope it helps.
Old 19-01-2013, 01:27 AM
Niebla0007

Talking blasphemous

Hi! Sapphirez,
It is good to hear questions like this every now and again.
The blasphemous expression above made me smile.
Perhaps by digging into your subconscious mind,
you'd probably find the answer.
Most words which we react to were signified in some way to activate feelings like you mentioned.
At least it's not as bad as my reaction when
someone asked me "I thought you want your own personal daemon".
The aghast expression I had to this must have been enough to make them bugger off in hurry.
Not that I fear demons, or thinks all of them are bad -
I just rather keep off having anything to do with them as much as possible.
My reaction just automatically kicks in because of people I grew up around with are scared of them.
Old 19-01-2013, 01:51 AM
Quagmire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapphirez
but when I even hear or read the word angel.. well I don't really get good feelings...

I am on the same page. My insides turns and makes knot on each other. And please no comments to me that angels are good and so But we do not necessarily have to turn an expression into something positive, though turning it into something that does not affect you negatively is advised The Norse God Baldr advised me yesterday that sometimes it is just best to leave a mess behind and let it sort itself out, god or human...
Old 19-01-2013, 02:39 AM
Ascender

Quote:
I don't suppose I should feel that way lol.. so I want to try and remedy it so the word angel has a positive connotation with me as it should... any insight, advice or random musings are welcome, thank you

I say, feel however you feel about it. Other people have very very negative connotations with the word "demon" but to me it's a positive word because I think of the cosmology of Diotima of Mantinea (she believed the Daimones were a force that were intermediary between mortals and gods, like the word "angel" came to mean, which blew my mind,) Socrates, and Philip Pullman's version of therian or animal spirituality.

Sure, words are meant for communication, and if one doesn't go along with the agreed-upon connotations then it just comes off as rude... but I think people can very well have personal relationships to a word, as well.
Old 19-01-2013, 02:39 AM
Mr.Whitmore

I think Robbie Williams says it best...

Angels

Stick around for the release of the angel feathers at the end.....a must see

Angels rule

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQxZztI7264
Old 19-01-2013, 02:09 PM
Master

Wow, thanks Mr. W. I've never heard of him before. That was amazing.
Old 19-01-2013, 04:09 PM
Master
hey everyone, thanks for posting! ♥

Nameless that was helpful and slightly inspiring lol.. well, you know what is sort of weird, I never read Sylvia's book on Angels, but I did read several of her books when I believe I was in my earlier 20s.. but the strange thing is, I credit my spiritual awakening to a friend from several years after that... it's like I usually completely forget I even had the interest or read Sylvia Browne's books! but I really enjoyed them obviously since I read more than one.. maybe it was the guff she has taken and the daily experiences on the Montel Williams Show that turned me off, I don't know.. perhaps I heard something bad and didn't know then to be skeptical of mainstream opinion.. I'm not sure lol, but I just noticed recently that I totally forgot I read her books years before I tell people I "woke up"... I'd been into Astrology and other random little things along with self-help sort of books for many years tho.. well, I also was on prescription antidepressants on and off; when I was brave enough to try to wean myself off before having to go back on; from the ages of 14-24 too.. I am 28 now.
I guess I should mention I also did a lot of partying in those years too and shortly after that as well for a period..

anyways, lol... I feel like a genius lol (not to sound conceited) but at the same time my brain feels so muddled and I'm confused too much in general.. and so overwhelmed and exhausted. I'm preparing myself for a short fast that I hope will help to clear my body and mind of some of the toxicity from the years

ok enough rambling sorry. So, reading your post Nameless brought up some feelings, about my worth I guess.. that I think I deserve to have angels around me even though I feel I have far too much negativity that I've been trying to get rid of.. but I've been realizing more and more what a good person I am, how compassionate and sensitive and how I genuinely care about people, animals, the world.. I pray and cry for many random reasons, and I try to be a loud voice of dark but necessary truths (such as the corruption in the U.S./world) and more positive truths that are not very popular such as disease cures being easily possible despite what the controlling corruption has the masses believe.. I just devote a lot of time to learning and trying to teach others and I am not trying to minimalize the existence of others, but often it seems I care more than many others do, even when it's a matter more personal to them than me..
I guess I think of myself as that person that would not ignore the presence of a bum since you brought them up.. not because I am paranoid that it might be an Angel in disguise lol.. but because I feel they are a worthy human who has lost their way and even if it's just a prayer or positive energy sent their way they deserve it and could use it.. sometimes I've cried because of smelly or seemingly crazy people on the bus lol.. *sigh* I am sure I am not the only one, I know..
anyways, part of me still feels bad and unworthy/inadequate I guess..
I do have some sort of peace.. and faith in the world and spirituality, etc.. but I guess not enough, I never feel "well" I guess I should finish my fast and then see if I still feel the same way..

anyways Nameless, thank you, your post got me to thinking and brought up some emotions and ideas

thank you Niebla, I think your post helped me to think a bit too and perhaps already lessen the stigma attached to the concept.. yes I wonder why I would have an adversity to Angels.. maybe it largely has to do with how undeserving I feel in whichever way it is I feel so? yeah, I think sometimes overly sweet and mushy stuff puts me off lol...
I guess I just don't really know right now so I'll stop wasting time

lol Dream.. yikes, leaving things be is not one of my specialties lol

Albalida thank you, now I have a cute feeling about demons lol..

Mr. Whitmore, thank you, I liked that song better than the pm one lol.. I cried during it, but I think it was mostly because of the previous messages bringing emotions to the surface and my feeling sorry for myself hehe, but thank you it was nice
Old 19-01-2013, 04:44 PM
Master

Oh, here is something I want to share with you. It came to me when I read your recent post. No thanks necessary, it took me awhile to get the warm fuzzies about Angels too, so I know what that feels like when you don't feel them around you. And I now know what it feels like to feel them around me. So I've been both places LOL!

What occured to me in your latest post, about the condition of the world and the seemingly endless fixing that would need to take place in order for things to appear "fixed" is this clip from Abraham Hicks you tube. I am a huge fan and this clip is very hard to watch from that perspective. Someone calling out Abraham on the current state of the world and why don't they just "fix" it if they can...like I said, it was hard to watch at first, but it brought me to a place of peace in my own life about things I can't do anything about. So it's a study about what the other side things about the state of the world in general and a different way to feel about it.

It's called, The Biggest Missing Piece

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G-yhC...W1rPyA&index=3

A lot to think about...
Old 19-01-2013, 05:06 PM
Enlightener

Quote:
hi everyone! sorry for the thread title lol.. and this thread..

but it's something I suppose I should inquire about..

it might just be something from my childhood, or an adversity to church or something religious like that, I don't know, but when I even hear or read the word angel.. well I don't really get good feelings... maybe it's even because of that trendy sort of stuff like tacky jewelry that says "angel" and "baby" and "princess" and stuff like that on it?

Angel doesn't come up that often in my life.. I guess the most I ever see it is when my brother comes to visit (barely twice a year now) and we play the game Magic and there are some "angel creatures" in the game.. now I know that my adversity to the word/idea doesn't come from there, I actually really like the angel cards and the characters on them and they're really positive although the game is overall dark..
but I thought I would mention that it's not like angel comes up that often in my world.. it's just like whenever I hear the word or read it online, or even try imagining, I don't know I just feel kind of annoyed!!
I don't suppose I should feel that way lol.. so I want to try and remedy it so the word angel has a positive connotation with me as it should..

any insight, advice or random musings are welcome, thank you

When happens when I call you an angel?