Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 01-06-2018, 01:15 PM
Newbie ;)
Guide
Spritual development vs. mundane development

I believe there is two types of development - the spiritual one and the mundane one.

In tarot - the card VI The Lovers - can mean to make a choice. I believe it's about yes to the flesh or yes to the spirit.

The Holy Bible says in Galatians 4:27:

"For it is written: “Be glad, barren woman, you who never bore a child; shout for joy and cry aloud, you who were never in labor; because more are the children of the desolate woman than of her who has a husband.”"

So life is about the choice between a spiritual path or a mundane path.

Further The Holy Bible says in Matthew 6:24:

"No one can serve two masters. Either you will hate the one and love the other, or you will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and money."

Those who tries that are only doing spiritual horship.

But there is a difference between need and desire, and what The Holy Ghost or The Great Spirit tells you to do.
Old 01-06-2018, 09:15 PM
Lorelyen

Quote:
Originally Posted by minxoto
I believe there is two types of development - the spiritual one and the mundane one.

In tarot - the card VI The Lovers - can mean to make a choice. I believe it's about yes to the flesh or yes to the spirit.

"For it is written: “Be glad, barren woman, you who never bore a child; shout for joy and cry aloud, you who were never in labor; because more are the children of the desolate woman than of her who has a husband.”"

Difficult to agree with any of this.

It isn't a choice between the two. Like it or not we all live on the mundane and most of us have to provide for our survival ourselves. For example, however I bestow the food I eat with spiritual connotations, it was still provided by the mundane. How close we live to the orientations of our culture is a different question. A closeted priest with everything provided is probably less close to "the street" than the ordinary family.

Spirituality is an extension of this into the cosmos, the astral, whatever you want to call it. The mundane is just the lowest of the emanations from the Creation. So it isn't as simple as a choice. If you're reading or writing spirituality, you're here. "Being spiritual" isn't about giving up life on the mundane, surely.

Quote:

"No one can serve two masters. Either you will hate the one and love the other, or you will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and money."
John also reported (14.2) "In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you."

There are a few interpretations of Tarot VI, one of which is as you say: choice. It can also mean the choice to know - or not, which features in the Adam and Eve story, the Tree of Life, the Tree of Knowledge.

Anyway, these are just my views. I cannot see myself having made such a choice as you describe. Those great inner worlds, their extension into and from the Cosmos are carried around in a mundane vehicle.

Old 02-06-2018, 12:09 AM
Master
We as spirits come into this realm to evolve to a point were we can move or enter the next realm. To do this we enter a kind of symbioses with a physical form of the planet, the human form. The idea is that both, the planet as well as us benefit, evolve.

The planet will move into fourth density( the highest physical form a planet can reach before is disintegrates into a higher energy form) and we hopefully into fifth density
Old 03-06-2018, 10:19 AM
boshy b. good

mundane developed is with people be at chill.
the social generating thereon is be for people's
good and right.

spiritual developed could widely range from the
prayer fasting or and mage for a permanent
medicine, permanent shower effect, meditation,
picture or wise name tag of jesus placed on
heart that works as meditation, of what i can
think of right now.

peace
Old 06-06-2018, 09:38 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Binary thinking - 'this' versus 'that'. Sometimes Spiritual development is mundane, eve one-dimensional.

Triplex Unity - 'this', 'that' and 'both'; Spiritual and 'mundane' both together, but I guess if you define it as 'mundane' it's not been much fun. Much better because it gives you four dimensions - one encompasses.

Paradoxical thinking - there is 'this, 'that', 'both', and 'neither'. Fifth-dimensional thinking? Either way it's quite liberating.
Old 06-06-2018, 04:39 PM
Master
Quote:

Those who tries that are only doing spiritual horship.

But there is a difference between need and desire, and what The Holy Ghost or The Great Spirit tells you to do.

In my opinion it is all spiritual development, and what we may call “mundane development” is possibly
a slower round about way than the more direct way we may think of as “spiritual development.“ In yoga,
there is a spiritual path for busy “householders” who are engaged in raising a family, holding down a job, etc.
Its’ like the first “Karate Kid” movie, wax-on, wax-off, and while he thought he was waxing cars all the
time he was learning karate.

But I can relate to your Tarot references and Biblical references; they take a more dualistic point of view.
There are many ways to look at life, and from what I see as a more holistic point of view; everything is
spiritual. All things come from God and all things must return to God, and the return trip can be via a
temporal drama or an expansive realization that leads us to believe we are already home. There is no
better or worst, there is only the illusion of journey.

What you have described Hindus call "Lila," a Sanskrit term meaning the great play, or drama, between
the infinite and the finite, what the Hebrew Kabbalah calls “The Great Work“ of self transformation,
or what many in spiritual communities refer to as duality. The human mind is fraught with “compare” and
“contrast” and it is easy to get caught in that kind of perspective. Still, there is no better or worst, life is
unfolding as it should regardless of our perspective; as life lives its own way. Everything is useful for our
spiritual growth and development, in my opinion.
Old 08-06-2018, 02:17 PM
Guide
I think you can take life by the reigns and lead the way, or you can sit back, humbly, and learn all of life's lessons.. There is mystery and expansion everywhere, you just have to look for it.

Mundane is only mundane to the mundane eye. Once you learn to see past the mundane you can witness much more hidden within. It is a matter of perception.

If we all had eyes and ears to look and listen to a higher voice and way then our collective energy would lift, raise, reality, to a higher plane. Our collective energies would raise everyone and everything much higher.
Old 12-06-2018, 06:39 PM
Experiencer
To the topic opener - Understanding the key and purpose of the hierarchy of the mundane world in whole will pretty much answer the question itself. You are basically putting forward the question of how the whole mundane will serve the spiritual if the topic goes further. It is easier to be said than to be done, though.

Ps: not even i can fully grasp it anyways lol.