Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Angels & Guides

Old 16-01-2013, 10:05 PM
Pinkroses

I used to think angels and spirit guides were the same. They both watch over and protect us. They both help and guide us. However, like Kyrios, I've read that angels were never human, but spirit guides were. So, when you refer to a deceased loved one as your "guardian angel," I guess that means they are really one of your spirit guides.
Old 16-01-2013, 10:31 PM
Gracey

In the fifteenth century the general population learned how to read due to the fact that the Gutenberg press released Bibles to the masses at a cheap price. The belief in Angels made its way back into mainstream Christianity. Thomas Aquinas put out a detailed list of Angels. Shortly afterwards, Clement of Alexandria put out a detailed list of Fallen Angels.

To me, angels are a state of electricity that man ascend to via the psionic mind. Muslims view them as a speck of light.

Some angles heal, others send messages and so on....some people heal, others send messages (telepathy) and so on. As we grow stronger in our abilities, our state of being rises in frequency.

Are there angels really roaming around, can't say for sure. I do know we perceive "them" physically and our minds perceive them the way you can best understand. The one I saw when I was 2 looked like a native American Indian. I think they are a projection of our own energy.

Edit. I do think that spirit guides are people who are not living in the flesh and they do play a role in our lives whether we are aware of it or not....just like animal totems do.
Old 17-01-2013, 03:17 AM
Envolucris

To me, 'angels,' 'spirit guides,' 'god,' 'Jesus,' 'Allah,' 'imaginary friend,' 'ghost,' 'demon,' 'Satan,' 'sandman,' 'tooth fairy' and 'Osama Bin Laden' are the same — psychological, perceptual manifestations of our own minds. That's not the answer most people want to hear, but bear with me.

It's far easier for us to more often than not perceive our subconscious as external because of the clear disconnect that exists between it and our conscious, waking awareness. The archetypes, symbols, memories, emotions and other fragments stored in the 95% unconscious area of our cerebral functioning feel as though they are just as imposed upon us as external elements. But that's not to say that these things, like perceived entities, aren't 'real' on some level.

My hypothesis is that most encounters with 'angels,' 'demons,' 'spirits' and so forth, are the result of subconscious communication with the self. Your self. That is by no means an inherently negative sign, and I'm sure we humans have developed it for a reason. I believe the problem comes when interpretations of an external force are allowed to dominate, leaving the individual ignorant to their own abilities and self, and helpless to a figment they unwittingly created (or, at very least, invited) for a specific purpose.

I have my own 'guide,' and although I was once confused about its origins, I took the time to discover through a lot of personal and academic research what sorts of crazy <edit> exists in my psyche. Internal and external have become all but irrelevant to me in many ways.

Now, note that I said “most” encounters. Again, the following is just my hypothesis, but it's based on life experience.

At one time, I thought I had created a very powerful form of a self-guide. Later on, however, he proved to be something of a wanderer, visiting my friends of his own accord as a meditative mind-form. He was external to the point that I started to question my previous disbelief in ghosts, along with my—well, our—sanity.

Then, just about a year ago when I decided to put a stop to the folie à plusieurs, I experienced a rapid-fire string of events that ultimately introduced me to a real person who was in almost every single way a match for my wayward angelic spirit-guide-self-turned-autonomous. Frightening. Somehow I had received, perceived and projected this man's subconscious 'dream' world. (This was documented from beginning to end and seemingly confirmed recently.)

That's a whole other story in itself, but I want to use that example to [poorly] illustrate how I feel we are a morphing mass of interconnected minds with ill-defined unconscious boundaries—“telepathy”. I believe Carl Jung referred to a similar concept as the “collective unconscious”. We can provide our own guidance and effortlessly create angels and demons, but we may also share these intimate mind-forms with each other without ever realizing it.

So, anyone want to trade an angel for a freaky smart bird demon tutelary?

Edited by SF Staff

Last edited by arive nan : 20-01-2013 at 04:44 PM.
Old 17-01-2013, 07:33 AM
mom

Very interesting envolucis. I have wondered some of this on certain levels, though not to the extreme as you. For example, I've really pondered a lot about things I experience and trying to understand how much or it really comes from myself. Also I've wondered about dreams I've had that most categorize as past life recollections (and I have had many), I've wondered if some aren't moments being shares with me by another- or even just from the earth or my surroundings.
Old 17-01-2013, 08:14 AM
Enlightener

We Are All One.

We are all angels. Every one in your life is an angel, a blessing in disguise :)
Old 17-01-2013, 08:54 AM
Envolucris

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom
Very interesting envolucis. I have wondered some of this on certain levels, though not to the extreme as you. For example, I've really pondered a lot about things I experience and trying to understand how much or it really comes from myself. Also I've wondered about dreams I've had that most categorize as past life recollections (and I have had many), I've wondered if some aren't moments being shares with me by another- or even just from the earth or my surroundings.

I definitely think those are very worthy considerations, mom. In my experience, very few people question their perception of the so-called occult once they've accepted a prefabricated interpretation. I've always felt that the best approach is to conduct your own research and formulate answers based on evidence, personal or empirical. (I made a similar post about this topic over "Do spirit guides know the future?")

With that said, the aforementioned ghost-turned-man was also a prime example of the possible origins of past life experience. Before the big revelation, I had a conversation with what I've come to call “The Phantom” about why I rarely, if ever, saw him in dreams. His answer was, “Because I think you dream from my perspective”. At the time I had no point of reference, only inklings and vague possibilities.

Once I discovered a living counterpart (or so it seemed), I was able to read through my documented dreams and visions and pinpoint multiple astoundingly accurate parallels. These dreams and visions were, in fact, from a first person perspective that was distinctly different from my own, as if I was reliving disembodied memories.

Here are a couple of excerpts I wrote about in 2011:

Quote:
“...[a] person can expel all of their memories at the time of death. These free-form, disembodied memories are a form of data, and can be accidentally acquired by any number of living brains at any time. However, a person's self — the sum total of their memories, can be willfully projected under certain circumstances.

In either case, transfer of disembodied data occurs between people, and the 'sensitive' people with sponge-like psyches are innately attuned to perceiving these data. The memory data themselves are vulnerable to imperfect processing, obviously; this unavoidable natural corruption [is] “osmosis”.

Psychic information can fragment severely, and carry over unrelated information during transfer. Therefore, the preservation of self is an important part of the initial transfer, and is what differentiates an accidental expulsion from a deliberate one.”

Make of that what you will.