Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 27-06-2018, 11:18 PM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by inavalan
Most of us express beliefs that make sense to us, or in the way we would like things to be. The problem with that is that deep inside we doubt those expressed beliefs, then the reality we observe reflects our doubts, and not our wishful thinking.

However much we'd want love to be all pervasive, deep inside we don't believe it because of our life long conditioning. Survival, then fear, originate it.

If we were surrounded by love, fear would be totally unnecessary. I contend that we are surrounded by love. We were created by a Being which is from a realm of light and love. That Being has a purpose for our existence, and unfortunately must watch us suffer as we work towards that purpose. Our Creator is not alone in that realm of light and love. There are Angels and Masters and all sorts of other Beings who are also loving and light-filled and all of these other Beings love us too. Each one of us stands at the center of all love could we but realize it. Fear creeps into those who do not realize this truth. Think of how much you love your children or members of your family or your friends. Think of the times you have been in love with significant others. Now multiply that by infinity. That is how much you and I are loved by these Beings.

Unless, of course, the creator of the universe is a random generator, in which case there is absolutely no meaning to your life or mine or anything in the cosmos.
Old 28-06-2018, 01:49 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by tommylama
... Spirituality and Materialism are literally polar opposites...
The topic is about "material prosperity" NOT "materialism".

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommylama
No man can serve two masters.
There is no need to serve two masters. One can easily have priorities.
Old 28-06-2018, 07:49 AM
Lorelyen

They aren't incompatible. One has to chase a certain material need to be able to survive and I see nothing wrong in surviving with some comfort which means chasing more than the absolute minimum you need to survive, and for the future because regardless of some quasi-spiritual waffle about there only being a present, most of us at least hope we'll wake up tomorrow!

For that reason I'd sooner trade my labours for more rather than less.

Old 28-06-2018, 09:26 AM
Administrator
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badcopyinc
Both can be had. But not by chasing both. When one is in a state of appreciation for self others and the universe you gain all there is to gain. Altruistically speaking that is.

About the most complete answer thus far thank you
Old 29-06-2018, 02:23 AM
Master

I believe that "chasing" is a problem. Putting too much will prevents success. You have to have the right blend of will and acceptance. You don't know what the future brings.