Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Vegetarian & Vegan

Old 04-05-2018, 08:44 PM
Knower

Cruciferous veggies

Is it true cruciferous veggies like broccli , kale , cauliflower and arugula contain molecules that is an indicator of some type of life?

And if this is a reality, why do vegans and vegetarians eat something that takes away from their light because it is spiritual living?
Old 07-05-2018, 01:31 AM
Super Moderator
All living things contain indicators of some form of life. There is a level of consciousness in everything. Even plants evolve toxins that keep predators away.

The question then is, what levels of consciousness are complex enough to be able to feel pain and suffering, betrayal, an awareness of their existence, and a deep sorrow if that existence is taken away, as they had a purpose in manifesting on Earth?

I don't know the answer to that so won't pretend I do. But I do know that there is a marked difference between cutting a stem of Broccoli, and watching a deer in its death throes. And I think anyone would recognise that difference.

That is not to say we should mindlessly eat plant life, or be disrespectful to it.

I don't grow veg, any more. Too much hard work for my back nowadays! lol But when I did, I always let one of the plants in a row, go through its full life cycle undisturbed....and flower, and produce seeds. I did that out of respect for the plant and its purpose on Earth. Also I used the seeds for the next year's planting. The Broccoli does have some form of consciousness, Being, and purpose, though markedly different to that of a cow or a dog or a human etc. As far as I can gather anyway.

And it is possible to eat a lettuce or cabbage, and yet at the same time also let that go through its life cycle. If you plant many of them, you need only take a leaf off each plant for a pot full of leaves. That will let the plant go to flower and seed. Leaves can be taken off the main stem at any time, as long as some are left, for photosynthesis.

The bottom line is that we live in organic body systems and need physical sustenance. There are those who say we can become "breatharian" but I have my doubts. Maybe we will evolve into that....who knows? But I think that isn't for us right now.
All animals eat food. That means taking some form of life.

Being "fruitarian" of course would be the answer for anyone who has qualms. That would also include nuts, seeds, lentils, beans as well as fruit. But even the fruit/seeds of a plant contain life force.
Old 08-05-2018, 10:26 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by naturewalker24
And if this is a reality, why do vegans and vegetarians eat something that takes away from their light because it is spiritual living?
Indeed, but not all living beings are the same. There are degrees of awareness and the ability to feel pain..

Killing a human would be one of the worst acts, as you won't just harm the person but also any loved ones. Possibly, some mammal species should perhaps be put on an equal footing here. Plants are alive but do not have a nervous system. Secondly, a diet without meat drastically reduces plant consumption as farm animals require large amounts of grains or grass to be fattened. They require a lot of space. If reducing the harvesting of plants is a concern it is best to shorten the food chain and some diets are better at this than others.
Old 08-05-2018, 06:24 PM
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altair
Indeed, but not all living beings are the same. There are degrees of awareness and the ability to feel pain..

Killing a human would be one of the worst acts, as you won't just harm the person but also any loved ones. Possibly, some mammal species should perhaps be put on an equal footing here. Plants are alive but do not have a nervous system. Secondly, a diet without meat drastically reduces plant consumption as farm animals require large amounts of grains or grass to be fattened. They require a lot of space. If reducing the harvesting of plants is a concern it is best to shorten the food chain and some diets are better at this than others.

Its true, but in the spiritual realm comparisons are illusoanry. For me, recognizing that people are people, and we are all equal because we all are born with our own gifts and unique characteristics that make the world wonderful.
Old 09-05-2018, 12:34 AM
Super Moderator
calishushi....I feel that maybe when you enter the spirit world you will see to your wonder and amazement, how many Beings besides human, have gifts and unique characteristics...and more. It would be nice of course if we could see that in this world right now, but many have to cross over to recognise it. It will be wonderful to experience that!
Old 09-05-2018, 01:41 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by calisushi810
Its true, but in the spiritual realm comparisons are illusoanry. For me, recognizing that people are people, and we are all equal because we all are born with our own gifts and unique characteristics that make the world wonderful.

You might not compare but you see the differences. It is simple.
Old 09-05-2018, 03:25 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by calisushi810
As above, so below.
I do not believe we can hope for or claim we deserve a higher reality based on love, compassion, and unity if we, in this world, do not exemplify these elements.