Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Science & Spirituality

Old 02-10-2015, 05:12 PM
Seeker

Smile Ego and Consciousness.

I'm not sure if this is the most correct section to post this, but I've been thinking and talking a bit to my mate about this. I'm wondering what age or stage in prenatal development, does a soul join the body, or the body acquire a soul? Also, is there a certain age where children or adolescents develop the ego as their personality separate from the 'I'? Any opinions or knowledge would be great!
Old 03-10-2015, 03:43 AM
Ascender
I've been hearing that the soul enters the body sometimes before birth, most often during birth, and sometimes after birth. I've been at several birthing's and have done intuitive readings on the children as they first learned to breath. Some seem semi-present, some seemed to be working purely off of biological momentum and tended to "wake up" after a day or two, but one child I witnessed seemed completely conscious. He was looking into the eyes of everyone who tended to his needs, and seemed to be sizing up the room with an almost adult manor of being. It appeared to me that his soul was "fully" engaged and observant.

As to ego, I wrote this a while back and will repost the relevant part of that posting. Our egos are constructed quite methodically. It's a biological pattern that is generally common to all.

Here's the scientific explanation of what happens and when:
"Delta waves occur mainly in infants, sleeping adults or adults with brain tumors. Theta waves occur mainly in children ages 2–5 years old. Alpha waves occur in adults who have their eyes closed or who are relaxed. Beta waves mainly occur in adults who are awake, alert or focused." From the "The Brain & the Mind." Psychology Volume 1.

This all is truly important in regards to our understanding the context of our thinking. The Delta wave is also the wave that a brain is in when hypnotized. The infant is absolutely open to all stimuli. The infant is literally absorbing it's environment without the remotest ability to pick ,choose or reject the impressions of this stimuli exposure. And all this has nothing to do with "beliefs" or specific events. The infant is absorbing the emotional content and rapidly building neuron pathways that encodes these emotional exposures. This exposure ultimately provides the drum-beat of our later patterns of thinking. As the brainwaves of an infant transitions from The Delta state, on up through to the Beta state, it does so built on the base of this Delta experience. So by age 6 much of our emotional conditioning and core assumptions are set. In many ways we are all like the emotional 6 year olds that we drew-into us back when. That's why most "adults" still seem like children.

So that's the science. In the earliest years of our lives we are being programmed in such a way that is highly customized to the environment we're born to. Quite an ingenious manor of programming a new member of the tribe for fitting-in to wherever they're born.

And it's the result of this process that would seem to fit the term "ego".

I hope you find this helpful. :)
Old 03-10-2015, 11:22 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by (im)perfectdream1794
I'm not sure if this is the most correct section to post this, but I've been thinking and talking a bit to my mate about this. I'm wondering what age or stage in prenatal development, does a soul join the body, or the body acquire a soul? Also, is there a certain age where children or adolescents develop the ego as their personality separate from the 'I'? Any opinions or knowledge would be great!

I don't know about the soul, but the ego or identity development is a huge topic. I think it was probably Freud's theory of mind that really got the discussion going. Basically, ego develops during childhood as one regulates body impulses so as to adapt to acceptable social behaviour.
Old 03-10-2015, 07:32 PM
Master
I think the schooling system, with its hierarchy system! basically is what develops the ego MASSIVELY. Myself personally i can appear to have a massive ego, but that is only with certain things! like competing in my sport or something i am focused on and matters to me deeply (Like food haha). But in general i can then be dismissive towards allot of things, that may be relevant to others......

When i was in school it just seemed like one big competition! even when i was in Nursery! Whether it was on the playground or during the sports days! or in the class, the ego is what helps us survive in this environment of..? (Survival of the fitness) which is unfortunately the cosmic religion in which nature is run by, and including us humans at this moment in time within this fallen state.

The ego is something me need in order to navigate this game, in this density! and i guess somebody who is running this school system knows that. The schooling system can ether make or break your ego though, which is sad! i mean come on.? look at those students in china who commit suicide because of stress! its completely and utterly ridiculous! yeh that's right!

So i hope in the next 20 years we see a dramatic change in the schooling system! because its too marginalize and ego driven right about now, well life is in general! and some people rebel against this because deep down they know there is a better way...........
Old 07-10-2015, 05:02 PM
Seeker

I think that is so cool that you had the opportunity to experience that, I didn't even know that people could biologically survive without a soul. Do you think someone just observing the newborn with relative knowledge could tell the difference as well? I absolutely agree that Freud had a big impact on the topic of the human ego, but he had a certain point of view on it related to desire and sexual repression. However, I think the media is likely the biggest impact on the egos of young people today, almost disgustingly so. It's hard to imagine how different society would be without the media and school systems, would be interesting! And I think we all have an ego in certain situations and activities, no matter how spiritually grounded you are. But as you said, mind power, it is something we need to survive in today's rough society.
Old 30-10-2015, 06:07 AM
Master

MINDPOWER have you been in Atlantis?

So what can we do to let go of ego, and meld the two..?
I find it extremely useful to grab hold of each thought that comes, and learn how to track it back, fast. To monitor and to recognise. And take the root. In older times there were scanners to do this, or pyramids. Now you have to do yourself. Do you think it can block the body these programmings with the ego?
Old 04-11-2015, 05:30 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by (im)perfectdream1794
I think that is so cool that you had the opportunity to experience that, I didn't even know that people could biologically survive without a soul. Do you think someone just observing the newborn with relative knowledge could tell the difference as well? I absolutely agree that Freud had a big impact on the topic of the human ego, but he had a certain point of view on it related to desire and sexual repression. However, I think the media is likely the biggest impact on the egos of young people today, almost disgustingly so. It's hard to imagine how different society would be without the media and school systems, would be interesting! And I think we all have an ego in certain situations and activities, no matter how spiritually grounded you are. But as you said, mind power, it is something we need to survive in today's rough society.

School systems as in compulsory education, and widespread media are very recent in history, and there are many cultures have very little access to education or media, but they have other cultural norms that prescribe acceptable behaviours. I like the theory of ego being a social adaption, and I guess it is in essence, but it's also a pretty deep subject about self referential thoughts.
Old 09-11-2015, 02:06 AM
Pathfinder
Hi all the soul from what I have heard can come in at any time for me the soul is the spark of life that is the self an year I have heard that you can leave the body an come back an the body goes on.
So the ego (positive an neutral an negative) we cultivate it when we begin our journey on our own two
Old 10-11-2015, 03:15 AM
Suspended

The spiritual cellular condition of human inception already belongs to a spiritual condition communication....our origin light spirit parents in origin light.

When our conception happens the spirit is connected on the other side in origin light as its conscious spiritual development.

As the fetus grows so too does the spirit in the origin light. The spiritual parent communicating to the growing spirit self eventually claims the spiritual presence....for our origin manifestation were adult spirit beings.

This is real to the condition for human psychic spiritual awareness of baby spirits who have died, were protected and cared for by adult light spirit presences.

We have always known and taught ourselves that we have a higher origin light status as guardianship/guides and personal spiritual contact. These spirit presences are our parents...the first origin selves who manifested from out of the androgynous light parent huge light being and separated into the manifestation of spiritual life.

Doris Stokes knew that her own son was cared for and actually changed through his spiritual life contact with her...he actually grew into an adult. This proves that our origin parents are reconnected to a life via the condition of human sexual intercourse.

The actual condition of a soul only is an explanation through the scientific study of spirit in the physical and has no condition of ownership of the spirit...the soul only inter-relates its condition with our spirit.
Old 23-11-2015, 05:31 AM
Seeker
Quote:
Originally Posted by organic born
I've been hearing that the soul enters the body sometimes before birth, most often during birth, and sometimes after birth. I've been at several birthing's and have done intuitive readings on the children as they first learned to breath. Some seem semi-present, some seemed to be working purely off of biological momentum and tended to "wake up" after a day or two, but one child I witnessed seemed completely conscious. He was looking into the eyes of everyone who tended to his needs, and seemed to be sizing up the room with an almost adult manor of being. It appeared to me that his soul was "fully" engaged and observant.

As to ego, I wrote this a while back and will repost the relevant part of that posting. Our egos are constructed quite methodically. It's a biological pattern that is generally common to all.

Here's the scientific explanation of what happens and when:
"Delta waves occur mainly in infants, sleeping adults or adults with brain tumors. Theta waves occur mainly in children ages 2–5 years old. Alpha waves occur in adults who have their eyes closed or who are relaxed. Beta waves mainly occur in adults who are awake, alert or focused." From the "The Brain & the Mind." Psychology Volume 1.

This all is truly important in regards to our understanding the context of our thinking. The Delta wave is also the wave that a brain is in when hypnotized. The infant is absolutely open to all stimuli. The infant is literally absorbing it's environment without the remotest ability to pick ,choose or reject the impressions of this stimuli exposure. And all this has nothing to do with "beliefs" or specific events. The infant is absorbing the emotional content and rapidly building neuron pathways that encodes these emotional exposures. This exposure ultimately provides the drum-beat of our later patterns of thinking. As the brainwaves of an infant transitions from The Delta state, on up through to the Beta state, it does so built on the base of this Delta experience. So by age 6 much of our emotional conditioning and core assumptions are set. In many ways we are all like the emotional 6 year olds that we drew-into us back when. That's why most "adults" still seem like children.

So that's the science. In the earliest years of our lives we are being programmed in such a way that is highly customized to the environment we're born to. Quite an ingenious manor of programming a new member of the tribe for fitting-in to wherever they're born.

And it's the result of this process that would seem to fit the term "ego".

I hope you find this helpful. :)

Thank you! I learn something everytime I read your post lol