Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Science & Spirituality

Old 12-12-2010, 03:02 PM
Phaedron

I remember reading a small book about the spiritual aspect of memory that led me to believe it was more then just occuring in the brain. Having never succeeded at astral projection I don't know if you remember who you are in spirit form, but if you do thats a good case for memory not being just about the brain. Posession while your spirit is gone (hench reasons for a sitter) is another good argument.

Ars Notoria was the name of the book I believe.
http://www.esotericarchives.com/notoria/notoria.htm

"The Art of memory"
Old 13-12-2010, 06:48 AM
rus11

Memory is in every part of us. Holographically it makes sense.
Old 13-12-2010, 09:59 AM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phaedron
I remember reading a small book about the spiritual aspect of memory that led me to believe it was more then just occuring in the brain.

Yes this is what I believe ..... the organ transplant patients who have experienced a similar personality change as this man, did not suffer a brain injury.

Thank you for the book link too.
Old 01-05-2011, 05:35 PM
Bluegreen

Doesn't a lot depend on where in the brain the trauma occurred? A severe blow to the forehead, for example, may cause a personality change.
Old 07-10-2011, 06:59 AM
Mike McBride

The finding raises the intriguing possibility that giving alcohol to brain injuredpatients may improve outcome, the study team suggests in the archives of surgery. Alcohol and driving is and will always continue to be bad- it contributes to over 40% of traffic –related fatalities, First author Dr Ali Salim of Cedars Sinai Medical Center, Los Angeles emphasizwd in an email to Reuters Health. However of those patients with moderate to severe traumatic brain injury who survive their initial insult those with alcohol and beer in their system seem to have a slight survival advantage compared to those without alcohol and beer in their system.
Old 07-10-2011, 09:25 AM
Topology

Quote:
Originally Posted by pre-dawn
Always looking for the most esoteric explanation, eh?

It only shows that we can be anything and behave in way we want to, subject to contradiction biological features. As the brain is pliable, and neurological pathways are continually built and re-built during our life time through our thoughts and actions, we can chose to be anyone we want. Through the the physical brain changes which happened to him he the pathways which he built up which made him a nasty guy, by choice, though he may not have been aware that it is a choice.
There is nothing esoteric or unnatural in this at all. It is an illustration or demonstration that every person has the ability to live in way they could not even imagine.
Therein lies our power.

While we have some power of choice, we're largely caught in a reactive loop feeding our addictions and running away from our fears. Its easy to sit on the wayside and say he's been the way he's been by choice, but to be honest, I don't think anyone chooses to have a rotten life and feel like **** all day. They're stuck in a pattern with no hope or understanding of how to break free. Unless you've been caught in addiction or have tried to change your life against the ingrained tendencies and habits, it appears as if everything is by choice. It's only when you keep trying to change and fail that you realize intentional change against our base nature is like trying to move through thick molasses. Change comes at the pace of 1 in 100 steps forward don't lead to relapse.

Tell someone that their personality is a choice, or their sexual orientation, or their personal preferences. These things aren't really choices we make to have them. We might choose to struggle against our wiring, but we do not choose to have the wiring we have.

Its is a great mystery. With 70-80% of his memory gone, and such a change in behavior, can we even consider this person to be the same man? There's no choices being made in this scenario, just changes in nature. He had no hand in it and I wonder if it is even the same He....