Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > General Religion

Old 03-12-2012, 10:10 AM
Search

Thank You ... I am working hard to unlearn, and mean no harm. Perhaps one day I will better be able to influence others myself, but to a more peaceful end.
Great Quote!
& Thanks again.
Old 03-12-2012, 11:53 AM
cvsouth

Quote:
Originally Posted by eberuoba
Quote me wrong if you can...
Can someone tell me the Religion of Jesus Christ himself when he came to this world... Everyone know that Christainity was all about the KINGDOM OF HEAVEN ON EARTH.

Christianty is the name for a very popular religion
Old 03-12-2012, 12:05 PM
Search

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvsouth
Christianty is the name for a very popular religion
Yet Jesus claimed, just how unpopular it is and how narrow the road into such a kingdom would be. Obviously the term Christianity is far from the essence of which this prophet speaks. Let the masses seek their pleasure ... whilst the few pray for the many.
I note an air of irony as outside such circles ... it is the few that control the many. Yet these few are founded on such Dominating and Enslaving principles into which the "masses"/"popular" cultures, follow the addiction of status, pleasure, abundance,prosperity. Yea ... no doubt it's popular. Go figure.

Then again ... considering the mass mental instability, I would say it's rather narrow minded to say it's popular, if one it to consider the pain tucked under the carpet, on the streets, in elderly homes and various other mass institutions, not to mention suffering world wide. It's popular only in a narrow minded culture ... that is in STEEP DECLINE. Oh how many "more" of us, are rejoicing at just such a collapse!!! ... Oh Yeaaaa ..... too little too late .... but how sweet it is!!! Not the revival they were hoping for...TY Jesus...TY Jesus.... oosscabudatisca yeaaaaaa!!!!!
Old 03-12-2012, 09:44 PM
Master
Well said again Search, and I love your signature.
Old 05-12-2012, 12:47 AM
Search

Hi psychoslice,
I hope all is well. I believe I may have seen your name in the science & spirituality section before. I must admit, I was admiring your avatar last post in here. Did you make that yourself? I look forward to coming back into that section when my mind is able :)

My reason for this post now is to Apologize:

I would like to apologize.
I just notice under the News sections about members becoming increasingly abusive towards each other.

I can't find an edit on my posts in here just now, so will go the next step and explain that the pain I have suffered "under the Banner" of Christianity, has somewhat played a huge roll to contributing to my now mental instability. To name a few, Manic Depression, Heighten Anxiety and Social Phobia. I struggle with rage very much despite my attempts and claims to of found peace here and there, which is no doubt why I can be found at times ranting in an offensive manner.

I would like the people who found my posts offensive, to know that I am ashamed for such outbursts and am seeking only for much the same as many others ... Peace. I am truly sorry that I have not been able to express my views on this topic in a more comfortable manner. I do "not" choose such a word to be sarcastic as I clearly understand the need, for so many of us that live in these discomforting times ... that the last thing we need to hear, is more discomfort from another.

I acknowledge that If I had taken more time, I could of chosen less offensive words. ... I am guilty of causing such discomfort to others:

So please except my apologies ... I shall endevour to refrain from such bitterness in my future post when I myself, try to express such discomfort.

My sincerest apologies.
David.
Old 29-07-2017, 04:45 PM
Deactivated Account
RELIGION is man made christianity come from the hebrews which GOD made for the hebrews therefore it is not a religion
Old 29-07-2017, 05:58 PM
Suspended
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by eberuoba
Quote me wrong if you can...
Can someone tell me the Religion of Jesus Christ himself when he came to this world... Everyone knows that Christianity was all about the KINGDOM OF HEAVEN ON EARTH.
Trolling is bad for your karma!
Old 29-07-2017, 06:16 PM
Suspended
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Search
... So please except my apologies ... I shall endeavour to refrain from such bitterness in my future post when I myself, try to express such discomfort.

My sincerest apologies.
David.
I made a habit of thinking twice before I hit "Submit Reply".
Old 03-10-2017, 04:54 PM
Master
Christianity is a man-made religion that developed in the 4th Century from Roman, Greek, and Hellenistic writers who were raised or converted to "Christian" beliefs that were spreading through the Mediterranean world.

Christianity just like Islam and Judaism began as a cult and evolved. Not that something Man-made is bad, in fact religion is meant to help people "reconnect" as the word religion means with God. It's originally about practice, not beliefs. Unfortunately Christianity and Islam went into the realm of "belief" mainly because they operated as an Imperialistic power. Both religions fused with Empire in their infancies. Doctrines, Creeds, etc are products of Empires.

Jesus was a passionate Jewish spiritual teacher who mainly preached and taught in the North and Galilee. The best way to make a modern comparison would be like this. Think of your own community. Now imagine the priests and pastors of your Church down the street. They are all employed and went through academia to get their positions. And then there is this deacon who comes to Mass every Sunday and he has all this wisdom, charisma, and deeper understanding of the religion and everyone in town can't stop talking about him and a following begins to grow around him.

That's what Jesus was. He was an ordinary common man who was not famous in his time. He was either loved or hated by many people. He grew a following mainly among the peasants and ordinary folk of northern Palestine. He was a healer, a gifted psychic who could work and deal with spirits and spirit activity. Jesus wasn't educated but he had a great understanding of the Torah, of the Law. His insights were profound because really he was stating what would be for us today "the obvious". He would quote a passage such as "Love your enemies" but never mention the next line which says to "kill the foreign tribes". He disregarded all the violent vile aspects of his own Scriptures.

The people in the North were more spiritual, earthly folk who were into shamanism, healing, cult worship, midwifery, etc, They didn't have religion. The Judeans in the South, the corrupt nationalist Temple Priests had religion. That is why when Jesus decided to go to the Temple, the first thing he did was trash it. Probably because he never had been there before and couldn't believe what he saw. And immediately people were conspiring his death. The Romans got their hands on him due to a minority of Priests who hated him (a lot actually contemplated over his teachings when they visited him). And we know the rest. He was crucified and his followers and movement scattered. And people claim to have seen him come back from the dead.

The rest is history that evolved. He believed he was the fulfillment of his Scriptures he was raised on and saw himself as the promised "Christ", or "Son of God" which was just another term for Christ, not an actual thing like being a demigod or Deity has he was turned into over time.

I could go into the spiritual dimensions of Jesus' purpose and who he was and such but that's another subject.
Old 19-10-2017, 05:55 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amilius777
Christianity is a man-made religion that developed in the 4th Century from Roman, Greek, and Hellenistic writers who were raised or converted to "Christian" beliefs that were spreading through the Mediterranean world.

Christianity just like Islam and Judaism began as a cult and evolved. Not that something Man-made is bad, in fact religion is meant to help people "reconnect" as the word religion means with God. It's originally about practice, not beliefs. Unfortunately Christianity and Islam went into the realm of "belief" mainly because they operated as an Imperialistic power. Both religions fused with Empire in their infancies. Doctrines, Creeds, etc are products of Empires.

Jesus was a passionate Jewish spiritual teacher who mainly preached and taught in the North and Galilee. The best way to make a modern comparison would be like this. Think of your own community. Now imagine the priests and pastors of your Church down the street. They are all employed and went through academia to get their positions. And then there is this deacon who comes to Mass every Sunday and he has all this wisdom, charisma, and deeper understanding of the religion and everyone in town can't stop talking about him and a following begins to grow around him.

That's what Jesus was. He was an ordinary common man who was not famous in his time.

So here, Amillius leaves off of any pretense of being a Christian.
While he prefers, also, lengthy postings, let me nip his errant declarations in the bud.

The Dead Sea Scrolls as they are called, confirm to us our modern biblical texts as accurate. In the ancient Hebrew writings written through the many ages, are the Messianic prophesies. Which same declare the Messiah as equal with God.
Such as in Isaiah 9.
We are told also from the same, what manner of work He would accomplish for all of mankind.
Which as through the means of sacrificial atonement, as He Himself pointed out to His disciples, after His death, and bodily ressurection!
(Luke 24:26)
This means of salvation also, was established by Almighty God after the ten commandments, or perfect law, was given to His people through Moses.
Which means, Jesus is both the "Chief Cornerstone", and Capstone of!
Because?
People are not perfect. So He established the means of His mercy and extended grace in the atonements.
Which the disaffected reject, including Christ's long prophesied atonement for sin. For the sake of everyone who will recieve Him, because of God's love for you.

Study reveals that "sin" is something humanity is born into, involving ego of this animal/mammal and evolved aspect.
As well as "space/time" itself which effects began at what the Bible describes as the fall of Adam.
"Space/Time is what the visible and material world is founded upon.
Which science since Einstein tells us is, "illusory".

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein