Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Crystals & Gemstones

Old 26-03-2011, 10:53 AM
tooty~frooty

Sensing - Stones, Shells, Other Natural Tools Of Significance

Hello Folks,

Sometimes a single unpolished piece of granite or a flower you had kept inside an undisturbed book or a feather which you picked up randomly speaks volumes when compared to things purchased from the store because they are natural gifts from your Angels!

I just wanted to speak to everyone that has received a similar gift out of the blue and who have been able to ardently or vehemently love or dislike those gifts respectively.

If you are interested in this process would you kindly describe the gift, when and in what circumstances did you receive them plus how have they affected or diverted your sense of inner harmony?

I was looking forward to being able to grasp the essence or meaning behind each gift.

Thank you in advance.

Old 26-03-2011, 02:10 PM
Master
Most of the things that mean the most to me are things that I have found, such as what you mentioned, things of nature. I'm trying to remember being given as gifts, and people have, but mostly I give them to myself. I know I am terribly addicted to combing beaches and while I have no ocean near me, I have lakes and I will sit hours running my hands over the stones and collecting them and fossils. I get so absorbed into it and honestly, this may sound crazy, but it's like I am speaking to them and they are me...or maybe it's the child in me...who knows. I may find a piece of drift wood I keep, seeds, dried leaves, shells...it's like having my heart swell to bursting proportions and such peace, love and contentment inside me.

To walk through various places in nature, I am reduced to tears of joy and thanks and profound love.

Your post is very interesting. I look forward to what others add and your response since I don't have a specific gift offhand that I can think of. I was given trees and plants and taken home free plants people had to offer by the roads and you'd think I had won the lottery.
Old 26-03-2011, 07:23 PM
Ciqala

Yes I treasure the natural gifts I receive, and I have many collections of rocks, sticks, shells and many other natural gifts, that i have on my altar, and around my house.

When I used to live in the wilderness, the eagles and ravens would wake me up every day, sitting outside my window, peering in at me, and cawing and making lots of racket. Eagles sound nice and peaceful, but the ravens were always an obnoxious alarm clock. Especially when I had my wolf dog - he would start barking his high pitched barks and howling at them, shrill and annoying sounding in the morning.
Groups of them would come to wake me up every morning, very early, and i wasn't always happy about it. Sometimes it would be just a lone raven, right outside my window. Upon going outside, they had left me feathers outside my door step. Or if they decided to stick around while i was out there, they would fly up to a tree in front of my trailer, and a feather would fall from the tree. I have an enormous collection of feathers. Upon moving into town, I find crow feathers wherever i go, they put them in trails for me.

It is said in my culture when a sacred gift like a feather, is given to you from someone else, it has much more meaning. In most cases, when you find a feather, you are to gift it upon someone else that is in need of its medicine, and sometimes it is disrespectful to keep it for yourself if you just happen to stumble upon it and keep it out of greed. Often we tend to find objects in nature that are meant for other people, not always ourselves. My feather collection has dwindled down because of that, but i still have lots.
I use feathers for sacred ceremonies.

I also believe being respectful when finding gifts in nature, for ceremonies, I pass over the first 3 that tempt me. I remember when i did not follow that rule, when i was looking for a drum stick in the woods. I thought i could just pick the first one that spoke to me, and that "my mentor would never know". It took me a good hour on my search and i was getting tired, so i just picked up the first one i saw, and did not give it much respect. We did a ceremony, and i brought it to my house, put it aside in a safe spot. The next day i went back to it, so i could start carving it. I picked it up, and it crumbled apart and turned to ash. I was not respectful when finding it. The same goes for rocks when we use them for sweat lodges. If the finder is not respectable and does not follow the proper things, the rocks will blow up and explode in the sweat lodge and there have been horrible injuries and deaths because of such. Some "sauna" experts will say to never use a rock found around bodies of water, or else they will always explode when heated because they have been soaked in water. But we always find rocks by water, because they are sacred holding the water element, and when found with respect, they do not explode. It is said when people disrespect them, that is when they explode.

When i find something in nature, a gift, i always offer something to the earth and to the object before i take. When sensing things, i listen to their vibrations, and i can sense if somethings wants to be taken, or if it doesn't.
Old 26-03-2011, 07:51 PM
Master
As part of my crystal course we studied healing with flowers , Bach flower remedies , and chakra healing using flowers by their colour and vibration :)

It's such a shame that flowers are not allowed in hospitals any more . As they can speed up the patients recovery and healing.

I love using flowers for aura brushing :) and they are a great connection to the Angelic kingdom .

As for presents i have recieved many shells , a couple of goose feathers and a wonderful clay pot from Syrius . It's ancient , I use it on my alter for grounding as it is a lovely red colour .

My friend gave it to me because she felt that time was eternal and that I was an old soul just like the pot lol :) x

Every situation is an opportunity for healing, learning, growth and transformation.
Old 27-03-2011, 08:36 AM
tooty~frooty

Book1 A Few Insights

Most of the things that mean the most to me are things that I have found, such as what you mentioned, things of nature. ---- I am shown a lady walking barefoot on clear stream (yes, walking on water) but there are visible stone steps floating on this stream whenever she places her feet. The sight of feet is considered very auspicious in my culture.. reminds me of the Goddess Of Wealth in Indian Symbolism. It might mean that all things natural and divine lead to wealth? But do feel free to interpret it as per your intuition!

I'm trying to remember being given as gifts, and people have, but mostly I give them to myself. --- This again reminds me of a very confident root chakra which falls under the above mentioned symbolism - material pleasures or pleasure from materials.

I know I am terribly addicted to combing beaches and while I have no ocean near me, I have lakes and I will sit hours running my hands over the stones and collecting them and fossils. I get so absorbed into it and honestly, this may sound crazy, but it's like I am speaking to them and they are me...or maybe it's the child in me...who knows. I may find a piece of drift wood I keep, seeds, dried leaves, shells...it's like having my heart swell to bursting proportions and such peace, love and contentment inside me. --- Every single word reminds me of Me during My childhood.. especially when my family was wealthy. But later on wealth sort of vanished but I still try to collect things.. the last weird thing I received was an old glass jar and I used it to keep the cacti which I had placed indoors for feng shui purposes. Then amazingly we had to move home within 2-3 months. Are you expecting home move etc though? Or do you harbour a liking for gardening/feng shui?

To walk through various places in nature, I am reduced to tears of joy and thanks and profound love. --- Looks like a distant dream to me.. I had experienced nature and all joys natural as a kid. It always made me grin broadly like a fool but thank you for posting here. ^_^

Your post is very interesting. I look forward to what others add and your response since I don't have a specific gift offhand that I can think of. I was given trees and plants and taken home free plants people had to offer by the roads and you'd think I had won the lottery. --- If you found any such natural gift calling out to you while thinking of me please let me know. Maybe I might get an answer which I seek right now? Thank you very much again.
Old 27-03-2011, 02:37 PM
tooty~frooty

Book1 Just a feel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topaz
As part of my crystal course we studied healing with flowers , Bach flower remedies , and chakra healing using flowers by their colour and vibration :)

It's such a shame that flowers are not allowed in hospitals any more . As they can speed up the patients recovery and healing.

I love using flowers for aura brushing :) and they are a great connection to the Angelic kingdom .

As for presents i have recieved many shells , a couple of goose feathers and a wonderful clay pot from Syrius . It's ancient , I use it on my alter for grounding as it is a lovely red colour .

My friend gave it to me because she felt that time was eternal and that I was an old soul just like the pot lol :) x

Just a feeling.. If you ever happened to break or shatter this red pot it will extend your life span. This might have been the essence of this gift. How old are you really though (soul wise or intellectually) if I am not intruding? You might even be able to shatter it just to extend a loved one's life if you felt guided towards doing this.
Old 27-03-2011, 04:18 PM
Master
Feathers are my gifts to me, whenever I see a feather laying on the ground I pick it up I have a whole collection of them near my crystals, they symbolize that someone is telling me I'm okay and I'll be okay.
Other gifts and I know this is weird, is it happened a few days ago. I woke up nervous and anxious and didn't know why and didn't have a good day. When I woke up I saw my cat (who died two years ago) sitting near me and I actually said "Speye hey" like had not died. well this cat is the best cat I've ever had (and I've had a lot) this cat and I had a huge connection, he was an indoor and outdoor and we live in a vineyard, so he would go out for miles, whenever I was upset, this cat somehow knew and woudl come sit near me, if I was crying in bed he'd come in like clockwork and sit near my head and just cuddle and meow and purr for me. I loved him so much. Two weeks before he died I knew he was dying, but I didn't know how and couldn't take him to the vet because he wasn't sick but he was on my like superglue everytime I was sitting down he was on me and I couldn't peel him off until I said to my husband "speyes saying goodbye tome" my husband suspected it before I did and reassured me "nah" but then I saw him jump off the couch and I knew he hurt when he did it and I said "he's in pain" two days later we found him dead outside, he went outside to die and I often wonder why he did that I wish he just died in our bed nice and warm, but he did it to protect me. I saw Speye many times the other day and I needed him, that's another gift. Sorry this is so long.
Spiritlite.
Old 27-03-2011, 11:05 PM
Master
Spiritlite big (((( Hugs ))) that's a lovely story xx

Every situation is an opportunity for healing, learning, growth and transformation.
Old 28-03-2011, 03:12 AM
tooty~frooty

Book1 Amazing Kitty..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritlite
Feathers are my gifts to me, whenever I see a feather laying on the ground I pick it up I have a whole collection of them near my crystals, they symbolize that someone is telling me I'm okay and I'll be okay.
Other gifts and I know this is weird, is it happened a few days ago. I woke up nervous and anxious and didn't know why and didn't have a good day. When I woke up I saw my cat (who died two years ago) sitting near me and I actually said "Speye hey" like had not died. well this cat is the best cat I've ever had (and I've had a lot) this cat and I had a huge connection, he was an indoor and outdoor and we live in a vineyard, so he would go out for miles, whenever I was upset, this cat somehow knew and woudl come sit near me, if I was crying in bed he'd come in like clockwork and sit near my head and just cuddle and meow and purr for me. I loved him so much. Two weeks before he died I knew he was dying, but I didn't know how and couldn't take him to the vet because he wasn't sick but he was on my like superglue everytime I was sitting down he was on me and I couldn't peel him off until I said to my husband "speyes saying goodbye tome" my husband suspected it before I did and reassured me "nah" but then I saw him jump off the couch and I knew he hurt when he did it and I said "he's in pain" two days later we found him dead outside, he went outside to die and I often wonder why he did that I wish he just died in our bed nice and warm, but he did it to protect me. I saw Speye many times the other day and I needed him, that's another gift. Sorry this is so long.
Spiritlite.

One of the best gifts one could ever receive from God.. an intuitive and dear pet.

The feathers remind me of the words.. take it lightly.

My dead dog returned to me once and that was when I was misunderstanding my mate, blaming him for something he is not entirely responsible.

Also I feel that your cat's way of dying.. outdoors in seclusion makes me think that your partner might be heading for a withdrawal of communication? And they might be resistant to letting you know or see what they going through while in some sort of melancholy?

Of course this could signify other loved ones too.

If you ever go through the above mentioned circumstance please take things lightly is what I feel for now.

Thank you for honouring my thread with your lovely story.

^_^

Old 28-03-2011, 08:11 AM
Experiencer
One day as I was waiting in my car for the channeling group I was going to I noticed an older woman coming out of a nail salon. She obviously couldn't move quickly or easily and the girl from the salon was rolling her eyes in having to hold the door open for her for so long. Once I noticed the woman was having trouble getting down the step from the sidewalk to the parking lot I got out and asked if she would like some help but by then she had managed to make it alright. She gave me a very big smile for offering to help her.

Two steps back toward my car and there was a brown feather with a white circle laying in front of me and I took it feeling that it was a gift to me for my attempt to assist another. That was over 25 years ago but I still have the feather today.

Love and Light