Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 21-08-2018, 04:37 PM

Why isnt there a section for shamanism?

Has anyone here studied shamanism or is really into it?
Old 21-08-2018, 10:15 PM
Lorelyen

They'd probably include the subject if enough interest was shown. It may become a problem of "scope creep", the forum pretty comprehensive already. The two faiths I'm interested in (one, more of an ethos I sometimes find useful as a workable model for development) don't have sections.
Old 21-08-2018, 11:18 PM
Master

I've seen the moderators say in other posts they pretty much want to leave the forum as Matt created it, in his memory. So they don't add or remove topics.

shame because shamanism would be a cool topic if you could get people talking about it
Old 26-08-2018, 12:03 PM
Master
Color

Quote:
Originally Posted by FallingLeaves
I've seen the moderators say in other posts they pretty much want to leave the forum as Matt created it, in his memory. So they don't add or remove topics.

shame because shamanism would be a cool topic if you could get people talking about it

Yes it would be a cool topic to get into
in places where others do not.
Old 26-08-2018, 10:49 PM
Master
It is listed under the Paganism sub-section.
Old 27-08-2018, 01:27 AM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khalli
It is listed under the Paganism sub-section.

Thanks Khal, we also have a sub category titled, Faiths of Indigenous Peoples From our Native section.

Unfortunately, this forum doesn't make changes of any kind, what you see is what it always will be. It's beyond staff's control at this point, but I a hopeful someday we can have some upgrades.
Old 27-08-2018, 09:56 AM
Master
As stated already there are a few discussions on shamanism already present here at SF. There is simply no designated section for it. I tend to discuss this topic as well as other posters here, in the Native Indigenous sections as well as it can be discussed here in the paganism section. Shamanism has been around for ages and is a pagan belief category.

In a broader sense there is no reason it could not also be discussed in the spirituality section itself in a generalized broader sense considering the spiritual aspects to Shamanism.

Key point here is if anyone would like to discuss there are sections in which shamanism topics have been brought up in place here at SF already. Namely as already suggested- the Native Beliefs forum as well as the Paganism section.
Old 27-08-2018, 10:44 AM
Suspended
Shamanism was probably the first spiritual tradition on the planet maybe Animism is older then it, Animism maybe the first ever tradition on this planet. But yea Iv seen it discussed in the Pagan, and native areas a few times.
Old 27-08-2018, 08:29 PM
Deactivated Account
I asked the same thing about atheism once... (for spiritual atheists)

Lol... That one would probably start too many arguments though haha
Old 09-09-2018, 11:01 AM
Deactivated Account

I went through shamanic sickness and since then have flirted with the practices on and off. I learned a lot of things but still not enough to be confident in my abilities.