Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 13-02-2011, 01:54 PM
TeAwhiti92

Color -

my word of advice is to be patient.
I believe the universe can hear us when we call for answers.
Being stubborn doesn't help, because it's our flexible thoughts that allow us to consider all possibilities.
Allow the answers to come to you.

I was caught in this situation just yesterday
and im searching my culture (the way I live) and I intend on improving my hauora (well-being) and taking it from there.
Remember Katt,
good things take good time
<3
Old 13-02-2011, 07:51 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxKatt
I feel as though I have lost my spiritual path. I crave the understanding of a higher existence but cannot seem to find it. I feel that this understanding would bring so much joy into my life and I know I need to find something that I want to live for and be devoted to. Although many people find that in love I don't want to. I want to find something stable and unwaivering and that is hard to ask of a human. I know that this thought process shows that I am thinking about my spirituality which could be a start. But I have an unreasonable, stubborn mind and will need a revelation to find this bond with life. I suppose I have no questions for you to answer. I'm just sharing my feelings with people who have that bond and life force. If you have any advice it would be greatly appreciated if you would share it with me.

Katt

Hi Katt,

I hope you can see how in your below quote, the latter statement is an absolute refutation of the former.
Quote:
"...I have lost my spiritual path. I crave the understanding of a higher existence..."

Plus, if you
Quote:
cannot seem to find it
that means you are actively searching, and that is basically "the path". Iow's you are on it.

Also re:
Quote:
...many people find that in love I don't want to. I want to find something stable and unwaivering and that is hard to ask of a human.

There are many truth seekers in various traditions who have come to and utilized the same sentiment, so that course is a viable possibility with precedent.
If you do feel that way, it may be a clue leading to specific types of texts and traditions to explore.

- - - - - -
Reading spiritual books is certainly a valid experience and a benign opportunity to see what resonates with your own temperament and current life needs as intuitively determined by that experience. It is a viable way of orienting oneself by identifying with others' experiences, testimony and revelation - not to mention the real possibility of encountering the genuinely sacred if you choose your reading material wisely.

That increased resonance upon which any particular identification may then eventually lead to physical plane association with 'like-minded' others, can further reinforce your searching. It is a concentric process in both directions - inward and outward - and they both have to work together, and why time and patience is required, because the universe must align with your needs - when you choose them.

One mistake seekers make is attempting to transpose or even impose 'normal' outer-world standards and conventions - particularly expectations regarding timing, or what constitutes 'success' (or failure) - on this NEW process, and this unfortunately can produce frustration and sometimes artificial grasping/pretense - which can be very counter productive, even destructive.

Part of the fun of this seeking process is the discovery of the new, unexpected and meaningful necessity that is embodied in your totally unique life-path, and this could be, and should be joyful and not fraught with anxiety. Relax! - and with an open mind just get busy with what it is you are searching for, and you will be surprised how quickly things unfold - with one thing leading to and being the foundation for the next thing. And, there is no such thing as wasted effort in the big picture, even if so-called 'dead-ends' and apparently functional 'failures' occur - there is nothing wasted, nothing insignificant. Therefore, being "unreasonable and stubborn" - or, how about 'idealistic and determined' - can be useful attributes when tempered with patience and open-mindedness.

Wishing you well on your journey,

~ J
Old 13-02-2011, 11:48 PM
Zeliar791

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiraiyaNOmonogatari
Experience and knowledge go hand to hand my friend.

I suppose that is true... Knowledge is the pathfinder.
Old 14-02-2011, 01:21 AM
Jules

but experience brings the wisdom :)
Old 14-02-2011, 01:26 AM
Zeliar791

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules
but experience brings the wisdom :)

The wisdom that forms the path.
Old 14-02-2011, 05:18 AM
Jules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeliar791
The wisdom that forms the path.
I quite agree :) .. nice to meet you btw :)
Old 15-02-2011, 01:02 AM
xxKatt

Thank you all for your kind words and advice. I have a lot to think about I suppose.
Old 15-02-2011, 09:22 PM
PROJECTMAYHEM

"i may have lost my way"

ive been there lots of times, when i started i got hooked to the feeling(natural high) that it gave me and when i did get it, it changed my state of mind temporarily, everything looked positive and i tried to maintain that feeling but it always went away and i would end up feeling depressed because i thought "i lost it".
Old 15-02-2011, 09:31 PM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxKatt
Thank you all for your kind words and advice. I have a lot to think about I suppose.

Thinking is pain-killer inducing stuff, and if your head is full of thinking there isn't enough room for awareness. Awareness is where the best answers come from.
Old 15-02-2011, 09:49 PM
themaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenslade
Thinking is pain-killer inducing stuff, and if your head is full of thinking there isn't enough room for awareness. Awareness is where the best answers come from.
Yep, I agree

Let's see I have no job (or I don't wish to work anymore) I have $50k+ in the bank and I have no place to live.. every time I try to think my way out of this and into what I want.. I just fall of the horse so to speak..

Actually, really it hurts to think.. it can drive me crazy.. my fricking ego tries to plan out what to do, how to do it and it's a little like going insane.. because all these negative emotions and even limitations come at me..

If you just try to live day by day.. it feels better.. even though you might be like me and go.. "I have no plan, don't know what to do etc."

Ahh.. I remember now what I want to say.. sometimes it's hard to forget that the "how" things happen.. is not the EGO's job.. it's the spiritual body/inner self’s job.. I could ask for a million dollars work my job every day and have no idea how things happen but one day a deliver trucks drops a box in the road which causes a truck to smash through my gas station which then causes me to win a lawsuit for a million dollars 3 years later

Well, I know that's just imagination fancy but the truth is HOW is not our job.. make your requests to the universe.. live each and every day as best you can.. (following your excitement = even better) try to align and allow your manifestation.. those are the things you can really only do.. thinking (ego/rational mind) is not required as I stated above..

One cannot lose a spiritual path, since everything is spiritual! But one can let the EGO play games on you of lack and limitation.. even let the ego play the game of "it has to think of everything and KNOW everything" if you go there it's not very fun..