Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > General Religion

Old 13-08-2016, 06:22 PM
Ascender
Meditation to hear God?

What exactly am I supposed to do to hear God? How long will it take?
Old 13-08-2016, 11:44 PM
Angel1

Quote:
Originally Posted by kralaro
What exactly am I supposed to do to hear God?
How long will it take?
No one can say how long, dear brother...
I mean I have been meditating over 40 years...and a short while ago
He did not come to me til the third hour!
Then, He suddenly surprises me in the middle of the morning or evening
while not meditating.
But, my mind is focused on Him...more than it is not...
He can't really stay away from me.

I will say this truly from personal experience...God, the Creator of everything...
can not...I will repeat can not keep away from sincere love.

That is the bottom line.
It is nice to keep in mind, life is pretty simple....and God is pretty simple, too.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 14-08-2016, 05:11 AM
Newbie ;)

Be careful with this kralaro. There are many impostor beings out there waiting for someone like yourself who is looking to hear or speak to 'god' while in a meditative state or channeling. Many have called themselves a 'god', but can be the complete opposite of the 'god' you have in mind. How can anyone say what 'god' is with 100% certainty, let alone refer to it as a 'He' or 'She'?

I channeled a being that told me it was 'god' at first, then an archangel, and I was naive and believed it because it was my first experience receiving contact from a being outside of our own dimension and was in awe of the experience. It took advantage of my blind faith and actually turned out to be something very malevolent and deceitful, causing me to hurt myself and end up in ER, to prove my faith in 'god'.

If I were you I would not focus so much on trying to make contact with 'god' or 'gods' or any other being we can't see with our own eyes, and instead just focus on doing good things, help others, respect all living beings on Earth, and be a kind person. I would challenge anything that claims it is 'god' and not open yourself up to just anything trying to make contact with you. Be wise about it.
Old 14-08-2016, 02:43 PM
I was reading again from 'Conversations With Yogananda'...
Kralaro, can't remember if you have investigated Kriya Yoga techniques yet.
Over and over Yogananda talks about the fast way to experience God...
the scientific way...using these techniques, mainly in breathing.
Self-realization Fellowship can lead you to how to learn them.

A noble wish...to hear God.

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 14-08-2016, 05:07 PM
Master

Hi Kralaro

Just cultivate a sincere hunger, and a cheerful patient resolve and openness - e.g., unconditional.

That means releasing any demand or expectation (implicit or explicit) for time constraints, specific form of response, etc., which are actually counter to the primary intention (and make one vulnerable to false guidance).

~ J

Old 15-08-2016, 03:30 AM
Ascender
Thanks a lot to all of you :)
Old 15-08-2016, 08:28 AM
Guide
You listen to Gods spoken word in the Bible. He asks us to trust Him first and foremost. He asks us to seek Him and promises that He will show Himself if you seek Him. If you trust in this then He will. He asks you to believe and have faith. However if you do not you can ask Him for faith. He asks you to give power and glory to Him. That's all I do, and he answers my every prayer. Do not listen to beings who say not to follow and seek God for God does not like people who lead away His children..
Old 15-08-2016, 10:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jyotir
Hi Kralaro
Just cultivate a sincere hunger, and a cheerful patient resolve and openness - e.g., unconditional.
That means releasing any demand or expectation (implicit or explicit) for time constraints,
specific form of response, etc., which are actually counter to the primary intention
(and make one vulnerable to false guidance).
~ J

Chuckling....I came back to add something and here my little spiritual
buddy is saying such great things again. LOL

I was going to add an idea...lay on your bed....and picture,
ponder, contemplate the wonder that God is...
how vast, immense, incredible, brilliant 'He' is....this
Spiritual Eternal Being that has created 150 billion suns in just
our little Galaxy alone....and maintains them!
Most 50 xs larger than our Sun.
( . our Sun...place a ping-pong ball
next to that ...that is Antares.)

Fall in love with this Being. Talk to Him all day and
tell Him how you appreciate His Magnificence and that you see it
all around you, count the ways...this is not for Him, per se..it is
for you to begin the connection...the connection of an open heart.

He asks us to seek Him...and He will show Himself...beautiful, Kerubiel.

Old 15-08-2016, 04:30 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by kralaro
What exactly am I supposed to do to hear God? How long will it take?

kralaro,

The classic and valid answer for the method of hearing God is learning how to be still. You must submit yourself to the surgery of God. You must be anesthetized to undergo this surgery. That anesthetic is stillness. Successful surgery results in new and improved organs of perception and in the correction of blindness and deafness and a total restoration of sensitivity.

The surest sign of successful surgery, IMO, will be the introduction of a new humility in your life. The louder and clearer that you are able to hear God the more humble you will become. Basically you must decrease so that God can increase. Maybe this sounds counter-intuitive to you but, in my experience, it is the truth. Rather than something to brag about or to be proud of, instead, your primary feeling should be one of gratitude and a great sense of responsibility for being the custodian of this gift...this act of grace.
Old 16-08-2016, 12:06 AM
Ascender
I thought to add this post to this thread:

http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...4&postcount=37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marie
To learn to REALLY hear God, you gotta learn to be..still. Completely still. There are daily consciousness...there are the subconscious..and then..there is God :)