Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Angels & Guides

Old 22-12-2010, 05:21 AM
Master
About Archangel Raphael.

Raphael is the patron of healers and those in need of healing. This mighty Archangel is able to fearlessly move into what ever area is in need of healing, bringing a host of Angels with him to accomplish this. It does not matter what we are facing, Archangel Raphael is there with us helping us to open our hearts and minds to the healing power of Spirit and the Universe. This Angel works with and through all sorts of healers and counselors, anyone who is willing to open up to the energy of the Higher to bring peace and healing to others. He assists us in being a catalyst for healing while not taking on or empathing what is happening with those we are serving. This allows us to be both clearer channels for the healing process as well as insuring we do not take on the problems or issues of another.

Archangel Raphael's name means " God Heals". This Angel represents the ability contained within each of us to heal ourselves if we can shift our consciousness into a state where we truly believe that Spirit has gifted each of us with it's vast creative and healing powers, Spirit held nothing of itself back when we were birthed into the Universe. Archangel Raphael is the overseer of all healers be they alternative or allopathic. The Person who teaches school by day and offers
counseling
support by night to friends and family is being a channel for Raphael and as such is under his protection and guidance. We are all healers for ourselves and each other, whether we go through training to practice a formal type of healing or whether we simply respond as needed when the occasion arises, we all should be aware of how we are supporting the healing process of others and remember to call upon this archangel to support ourselves lest we take on the problems and issues of others and make them our own. An illness or issues can be absorbed into our energy field and repeated exposure can create a fertile environment for these same problems and issues to grow in out own lives. One can prevent this is simply upon calling upon this Archangel for protection and guidance, to offer what healing we are able to and then turning it over to Raphael and Spirit for continued resolution.

Working with this Archangel offers protection both for the healer and the person seeking healing. When we are ill or in the midst of a serious issue or problem, this leaves us open and vulnerable to all sorts of psychic intrusions and thought forms that can blow the issues completely out of proportion and what started off as the sniffles can turn into something more serious. Likewise a minor
financial problem
can suddenly blossom into a huge concern. Raphael reminds us that it is not up to us to figure out how to heal ourselves and others, it is our duty instead to call upon him and the Universe to guide us through the healing process, to allow the power of Spirit to flow through us as hollow bones. Likewise we are not responsible for anyone's healing except our own. I have known many healers who became burned out and frustrated, doubting their path because the people they were drawing to them seemed to making little to no progress. They felt responsible to set things right for these people and the rest of the world instead of understanding that they can only be the catalyst for healing. It is up to the individual to accept the healing. Yet we can also call upon Raphael to help ourselves accept the healing that he is trying to give us each day. We never have to go through the process of learning how to receive on our own, but always have the mighty presence of this Angel working for us!

One element that arose for me when working with this Angel at one point in my life so astonished me when a person who had also been working with this Angel marched into my office, sat down and announced " I know why many alternative healers are so against allopathic medicine besides the obvious reasons. Allopathic doctors are able to treat their practice as a business as well as a healing operation and we can't stand that!" It goes against the grain for us because deep down we truly do wonder whether we are serving our clients by saying the money isn't important or that it's perfectly okay to give everything for free. Really we are telling them that what we know is not worth a hill of beans, let alone the odd bob or two!" I almost fell of my chair, jaw to the floor, yet knowing he was right, at least for me anyway. Money is a huge issue for so many people and Raphael along with the rest of the Universe is seeking to help us heal these issues so we can get on with the next steps in our becoming. What I didn't expect though was that Raphael would desire to take such a big part in trying to get healers to run their healing careers as an ongoing business concern rather than coming through and saying " the Universe will provide". Then I thought of what my mother always used to say, "God helps those who help themselves." In other words it is taking on the responsibility of using our talents and gifts in such a way that we have more abundance for ourselves. More abundance, less worry about how to make the rent and therefore we can focus more of our healing energy on our clients, ourselves, our families, the world instead of diverting that precious energy to concerns that create a vicious cycle. Perhaps that greater flow of money will empower a healer to take up a new course of study that helps hundreds or even thousands of people that the healer comes into contact with. Raphael's message is that it all fits together as a puzzle does, that if you take away even one tiny piece of the puzzle, not only is it incomplete and yet our attention is drawn over and over to what is missing and ignoring that which IS around one! The essence of healing is having all the pieces in place, having every area of our lives functioning at as high a level as possible and the how of this is what Raphael seeks to teach us. Raphael also teaches us that what ever healing we are seeking, be it emotional, physical, mental, spiritual or financial, we must do our bit by creating a channel through which the healing can flow!

Raphael also seeks to help us get in touch with the shadow side of ourselves so that we may bring it into the light. The shadow is nothing for us to fear, especially when we have this mighty Angel by our side! Raphael knows that the shadow exists because we all fear that is what we really are and not the goodness and light that he knows is our true nature. We reinforce our shadow side when we ignore it, pretend it doesn't exist and allow it to fester and grow. The shadow though is really nothing more than parts of ourselves that feel unlovable and what a painful way that is to feel! No matter how hard or how long we try to ignore it, the shadow is always present until we muster the courage to send it love and compassion which brings it into the light. And nothing cannot be healed through the light of Spirit! Raphael seeks to encourage each and every one of us to spend some time simply getting to know our own shadows. Talking to it, asking why it feels the way it does, asking where it sprang from. Then we can go back and work to heal these bits of ourselves because we understand that it arose from a deep hurt or wound. We can strive to forgive anyone who has hurt us and thus contributed to the creation of our shadow. And we can also then begin to strive to ask forgiveness of others, those we ourselves have wounded. Each of us has done something to another that caused them pain, sometimes even tremendous pain! When we look at the need to forgive from that perspective it can make it much easier to forgive others for we would want others to forgive us as well! And it is through forgiveness that all true healing occurs. Raphael seeks to teach us that forgiveness does not mean that the action or deed that was done to us or others was right, but that forgiveness really means we refuse to carry such a heavy load of anger, resentment and pain any longer. Raphael asks "Is it really worth it to you to carry this when you know that all it is doing is impeding your own progress of joy through life?" He also stands at the ready if you need help with the forgiveness process, especially when we find that sometimes the hardest person to forgive is ourselves.
Old 22-12-2010, 05:22 AM
Master
I've been working with Archangel Raphael a lot this past week and let me tell you I'm healing in my mind and emotions. I also feel that for me personally Raphael and Jesus are closely working together with me.
Also I recently bought Doreen Virtue's Oracle Deck of Archangel Raphael and it's a beautiful deck and has helped me get closer to Raphael.
Spiritlite.
Old 22-12-2010, 12:03 PM
star-child

Thanks for sharing Spiritlite. The first time I felt fully connected with Archangel Raphael was during this video by Doreen Virtue http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yrWCWJDF9LA I felt energy enter me from my feet and rise upwards. It was an amazingly clam experience and I definitely felt healing. For me, that is how I can feel Archangel Raphael because I have felt the same thing another time, I wonder if you feel anything similar?
It sounds like you are experiencing something great at the moment.

Star-Child.
Old 22-12-2010, 04:43 PM
Master
OH wow thankyou Star I will look at that youtube video when I get back from swimming thanks. Yes I feel Raphael all around me.
Spiritlite.