Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Angels & Guides

Old 21-12-2010, 04:59 PM
Master
Not ready?

So.. I've been blabbering about Guides and angels for a while. After contemplating my few experiences with them, and asking them to give me signs and show themselves to me in my dreams (I rely on dreams a lot), I began to wonder if I'm simply not ready to perceive them/receive conscious guidance from them.

I've read that this can happen - that Guides simply aren't ready to reveal themselves - but isn't that a bit unfair? If we're aware that Guides (or angels) are present amongst us, and we constantly request favors, guidance, protection, and healing from them, why would they continue to obscure themselves? What qualifies us as not being ready to communicate with them?

I've been asking them to send me answers to questions in dreams, but nothing in my dreams seems to stick out at me (or I don't remember enough..). They typically take place in school settings or everyday life.

But I'm concerned. I'm trying to communicate with and befriend them now, because I'm about to start my last semester of high school, and I would greatly appreciate having them as helpers as I begin my journey in college. I'm soon going to have to select a college to attend... and figure out what I'm doing with my life.

Makes me wonder if they're telling me to simply continue on with school and everyday life for now. Is there a good way to confirm this? If I ask them whether they're ready to reveal themselves, will they give me some form of answer even when they're not ready?

Any insight is greatly appreciated.
~Ev

Old 21-12-2010, 06:09 PM
LadyB.

Hi Evaah..

I first tried to 'meet' my guide when I was 21. Gave up trying after a few years...

I finally met him at 40...I went through a whole heap of life 'experiences' in between times. Some great, some absolutely terrible. When he finally did 'introduce himself' it was one of the most significant and wondrous moments of my life. Well worth the wait.

Everyone's different though. You will meet yours when you are ready.
In a way that is suited to your particular needs.

Maybe you have already and the signs are subtle?

Certainly although our first encounter was 'full on' afterward's the signs were quite subtle and as our relationship grew they became stronger. I suppose as with any good friendship as the trust grows so does the bond.

I certainly feel added accountability for my actions since meeting mine. I want to do well for him and he helps make me a better person. I often wonder if I would have been quite so 'wild' in my twenties if I knew him then. I had some really tough times as a result of the way I was living my life.....Something I needed to go through without his influence in order to be the person I am today? I think so

Thinking about it the same applies to the angels....didn't encounter my first one until about 3/4 months after meeting my guide...

LB
X
Old 21-12-2010, 07:38 PM
Master
Wow... That makes perfect sense.

I've overlooked the fact that I probably need to experience life as a young adult - taking on responsibility and all - before allowing Guides/angels to help me the rest of the way. After all, I wouldn't learn anything, would I?

For some reason, this is all so bittersweet to me.

I deeply appreciate your reply, LadyB.

~Ev

Old 21-12-2010, 07:45 PM
LadyB.

You are very welcome Evaah...Glad I could be of some help!

LB
X
Old 21-12-2010, 08:39 PM
iolite

Evah...

Have you ever read The Education of Oversoul 7? Dreams that occur in school setting can involve actual soul learning. It also could be that you are simply trying too hard and are actually closing the channel rather than being open to communication. Do you do any meditation, that quiet your mind to allow communication?
Old 21-12-2010, 09:05 PM
Master
Quote:
Have you ever read The Education of Oversoul 7? Dreams that occur in school setting can involve actual soul learning.

No, I haven't. These dreams, though, consist of me simply sitting at school in one of my classes. I don't remember anything prominent or meaningful in these dreams... although I did have one that was rather bizarre; we were held after school because something was going on. I didn't know what, though.

Quote:
It also could be that you are simply trying too hard and are actually closing the channel rather than being open to communication. Do you do any meditation, that quiet your mind to allow communication?

Yes, I meditate nightly. And I do find that I have difficulty quieting the mind; I've been searching for ways to help quiet it. I wouldn't be surprised if this was the problem; it's only... I've been asking them to appear in dreams since I usually remember them. But I've been receiving nothing significant.

Old 21-12-2010, 09:57 PM
Experiencer
I think LadyB probably hit the nail on the head. I was 29 when I first met my guides and it was after a long period of difficult struggle in my life during which I felt very alone. Once I had successfully managed to come out the other side all by myself, it was as if they were saying "well done; you have proved you can manage your life for yourself, and now we are here to help you with anything you need." And I have to say the same about the time of the meeting - it was the most significant and wonderful thing ever to happen to me in my life, too.

I do know of people who have been able to speak to their guides since childhood, but it depends upon the path you have in this lifetime. Your guides know it much better than you do and even if you can't yet perceive them, they are helping and guiding you at the pace that is right for you. It is possible that some of the things you are asking for, it is not quite the appropriate time for yet. You may find the answers to your requests arrive a little further in the future. Keep practicing meditation, because learning to meditate well is the best way to draw close to them. I do think that when you reach a certain point in your spiritual development your guides will show themselves, because we do need guidance when we begin having powerful spiritual experiences (it was when I was trying to make sense of some things like this that my guides introduced themselves to me).

Have you ever had a lucid dream? If we achieve some level of consciousness in a dream it's much easier both for them and for us. I've only managed to meet a guide in my dreams once (and frustratingly I awoke almost immediately), but it was wonderful. I'd love to be able to do it again.
Old 21-12-2010, 10:35 PM
Master
West:

Indeed, I know they're there, working behind the scenes. I've witnessed a number of their deeds (or, at least, deeds that seem as though they were performed by a Guide/angel), and I've given them credit. In fact, they're helping me out right now.. or so I assume.

I suppose - as you and LadyB have pointed out - that I simply require the "life experience" before being able to consciously perceive them. After all, I've been rather sheltered from the "real world." And it really makes no sense on my part to have my Guides reveal themselves when I'm not really doing anything at the present moment.

The ones who've communicated with Guides as a child - is that because they were strongly attuned to the spirit world? Or is that because they've had (or will have) a life-changing experience?

Quote:
Have you ever had a lucid dream?
Unfortunately, no. But I experienced a 7-second astral projection many months ago. Of course, I was a bit startled, so I lost it. But I'm trying to achieve AP again for that very reason, haha.

I appreciate the reply, by the way. :)
~Ev

Old 22-12-2010, 12:33 AM
LaurenAus

I get what everyone else is saying but something about the "not being ready yet" sounds like a human made rule/doesn't resonate with me. I remember speaking to a woman who said it was when she was pregnant was finally when she was able to hear her SG as that was a time when she spent long periods resting and laying in bed by herself and was finally able to quiet her mind. My plan is to keep meditating and using guided meditations and if that doesn't work I will take a class geared towards meeting your guides and if that doesn't work out there are actually intuitives who facilitate the process--for example if you go to the psychicbutsane website, an intuitive named Anna Conlin charges a fee to help you connect with your guide..the infos on there (this would be a last resort for me)--I found her on a forum i regularly go on and she's reputable but do what you feel comfortable with.
Old 22-12-2010, 01:16 AM
Master
Quote:
I get what everyone else is saying but something about the "not being ready yet" sounds like a human made rule/doesn't resonate with me. I remember speaking to a woman who said it was when she was pregnant was finally when she was able to hear her SG as that was a time when she spent long periods resting and laying in bed by herself and was finally able to quiet her mind. My plan is to keep meditating and using guided meditations and if that doesn't work I will take a class geared towards meeting your guides and if that doesn't work out there are actually intuitives who facilitate the process--for example if you go to the psychicbutsane website, an intuitive named Anna Conlin charges a fee to help you connect with your guide..the infos on there (this would be a last resort for me)--I found her on a forum i regularly go on and she's reputable but do what you feel comfortable with.

Interesting... I just stumbled upon Anna Conlan a few days ago! I'm currently working on a few of the techniques she talks about in her articles. I resonate so well with her information... which is why I tried the whole "post-it note to ask your Guides a question in your dream" thing. I just haven't been getting significant results. Like I said above: I would not be surprised if my mind was the sole issue. It gets to be quite chatty, and I have difficulty getting it to quiet down.
But I do agree with you: I think it's a bit unfair that we should have to wait to perceive and regularly communicate with our Guides when we know they're there. And even if we're supposed to experience life on our own for a little while, can't we still communicate with them regularly without having them holding our hands the whole way?
I would expect my Guides to reveal themselves soon since I'm about to undergo a major lifestyle change... but we'll see. For now, I'm going to figure out how to get my mind to shut up - gently, of course.