Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 23-11-2010, 05:16 PM
Skye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scibat
I did search, the webpage I ended up at wasn't very clear. More to the point was wondering why I see him quoted here so often. I suppose its one of those new age things I don't quite get.

No, it's definitely not new age.
Old 23-11-2010, 06:28 PM
Scibat

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac
I'm guessing you somehow got lost - New Age it ain't... His teachings are widely associated with Modern Spiritualism's philosophy.

try this link

http://website.lineone.net/~enlightenment/maurice_barbanell.htm

Ah thank you! That is a much more helpful link than the one I found. I didn't get the Native American reference from the first link, and got the impression Silver Birch was one of those fluffy new age names e.g. SilverWolfRaven
Old 23-11-2010, 07:02 PM
mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scibat
I did search, the webpage I ended up at wasn't very clear. More to the point was wondering why I see him quoted here so often. I suppose its one of those new age things I don't quite get.

You're right to wonder why "I see him quoted here so often..." and researching that might lead you on to a different way of viewing life, death et al.

As I mentioned it's not New Age but the premise from which his teachings begin may be unfamiliar to you. A dip into any of the book compilations of the many teachings he gave over two decades would give you a flavour of his unpretentious delivery of ideas you perhaps haven't fully considered.

Your biggest problem would be in getting a book sent economically to the USA. I might be able to help with that if you were interested as I'll be in AZ in January and could send one or more fairly cheaply through USPS...
Old 23-11-2010, 07:08 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by mac
You're right to wonder why "I see him quoted here so often..." and researching that might lead you on to a different way of viewing life, death et al.

As I mentioned it's not New Age but the premise from which his teachings begin may be unfamiliar to you. A dip into any of the book compilations of the many teachings he gave over two decades would give you a flavour of his unpretentious delivery of ideas you perhaps haven't fully considered.

Your biggest problem would be in getting a book sent economically to the USA. I might be able to help with that if you were interested as I'll be in AZ in January and could send one or more fairly cheaply through USPS...

Awwww, what a lovely thought Mac :) I must say,any of his books are well worth having.
Old 23-11-2010, 08:07 PM
LightFilledHeart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Native spirit
Maurice Barnell was a medium from london, his spirit guide was Silver Birch, who spoke through him ,maurice passed away in 1981 i think it was and silver birch passed to spirit over 3000 years ago if my memory serves me right,

Namaste

So all the quotes from this Silver Birch are pre-1981 and are being posted here by a forum member, or is someone purporting to channel this spirit guide in present time?
Old 23-11-2010, 08:19 PM
Master
Thanks for all the explanations guys, I forgot it was a native amercian spirit.
Spiritlite.
Old 23-11-2010, 08:20 PM
mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightFilledHeart
So all the quotes from this Silver Birch are pre-1981 and are being posted here by a forum member, or is someone purporting to channel this spirit guide in present time?

"Yes" to your first assumption - "no" to your question.
Old 23-11-2010, 08:24 PM
mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritlite
Thanks for all the explanations guys, I forgot it was a native amercian spirit.
Spiritlite.

SB took on the guise of a tribal but only because he chose not to disclose his true identity - he wanted those who listened to his ideas to judge them on their merit - and not be influenced by his identity.

Last edited by mac : 23-11-2010 at 09:49 PM.
Old 23-11-2010, 09:04 PM
deepsea

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac
SB took on the guise of a tribal but only because he chose not to disclose his true identity - he wanted those who listened to his ideas to judge them on their merit - and not influenced by his identity.

That's something I didn't know,Mac. Taking on the guise of a tribal.
Wonder what his true identity was.
J.
Old 23-11-2010, 09:48 PM
mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepsea
That's something I didn't know,Mac. Taking on the guise of a tribal.
Wonder what his true identity was.
J.

Ah, I wonder...? Mebbes we'll get to find out when we fetch up 'over there' - if we can remember that we were once interested....

And it makes me wonder if any of this 'stuff' that intrigues us so much while in-the-body will still have any interest for us after we leave our present ignorance behind?

I know it's not the same but I find that when we're on our travels, our routines are so different from when we're here that thinking about things at home gets hard. Our interest is focused on the unfamiliar and exciting things we're doing. Just take that principle but over-there with all we've heard about it, all we have to find out for the first time or to reacquaint ourselves with if it's not our first.....

Will we really care about 'stuff' we leave behind or care about finding out about the things we once debated?

Maybe the answers to those questions could indicate why so few discarnates appear to want to contact their loved ones still here?