Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 05-10-2010, 12:55 PM
CuriousSnowflake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenslade
And therein lies the lesson, Curious. Strange, you used the word 'grok'. I read a book many years ago with that very word, can't remember much about it but it certainly stirred my imagination back then. The soup needed a little more salt, and that little bit bit spoke volumes for me. You also use the phrase 'who we are not', it often makes me wonder if many are missing something here because they seek who they are. Sometimes you have to flip the coin, eh?

I often wonder what we would do with the Ancient Knowledge - what is being done. Perhaps we do enough damage with what we have now, busily doing what we shouldn't instead of what we should. Y'see, that's a huge part of the 'bigger picture' for me, we talk about reincarnation and we try to work out the connections between this Life and a Past Life. How many times are things discussed in a wider context, are we willingly putting the blinkers on? Are we prisoners in Plato's Allegory of the Cave by choice or design?

The book was "Stranger in a Strange Land" by Robert Heinlein, and "grok" is a word in Martian which roughly means "understanding to the point of becoming One with the knowledge". I like the word for the same reason RH invented it; there is no word in English that has it's meaning. Works well in spiritual contexts.

I am not saying that we have to be evil in order to understand good. What I am saying is that evil has to exist somewhere in order for good to have meaning. So, IMHO, the real problem is the very fact that people believe there is something they need to be. Good or bad, devout or lax, pure or defiled, awake or asleep, none of these are a necessary state, they are merely states, points in a field of contrast we use to define ourselves. Why don't we need to be anything in particular? Because (again, IMHO) if All Is One, then why would there be any requirements? What could Oneness require if IT is already all actual, possible, and impossible things and events? If "God" requires nothing, then the only things we have to do are the things we choose to do.

CS
Old 05-10-2010, 11:57 PM
Greenslade

That's the one, Curious. It must have been somewhere around '86 or '87 when I read it, even the title seemed to resonate at the time.

Why don't we need to be anything in particular? I don't believe we do, although many people will disagree. "Not all those who wander are lost", as the man says. Stealing a concept from Douglas Adams (brilliant stuff, you guys should read it) explains much of what you've asked. In a very nutshell, they built a computer called Deep Thought to work out the answer to Life, the Universe and everything. After a few million years it came up with the answer "42". Well, it didn't understand the question in the first place. But if the answer was 42, what was the question? So the white mice commissioned the Mageratheans to build Planet Earth and run a six million year programme to find the answer. Just before the young lady in the cafe in Islington could come up with the answer, the Vogon Constructor Fleet demolished the earth to make way for a hyperspatial bypass. Hands up all of you who said "What???"

And therein lies the answer. We already have the answer right in front of us. We are the answer, you are the answer. Now here's the question - what is the question?

I'm not sure it's enough to simply know evil is there. We all have our dark sides as much as many would like to have it buried away somewhere and never admit its existence. But then, that's assuming you proscribe to there being good and bad - which I don't. I believe that good and bad are human judgements, our perspectives on experiences. Good and bad are not as sharply defined as many would like to think - and the same goes for good and evil. For some it may be enough to only acknowledge the dark exists, but does that then reflect on their understanding and appreciation of the Light? I would say it would, but then each to their own. Letting off steam is much more beneficial after a bad day at work than it is after a good day.
Old 06-10-2010, 12:11 AM
Rumar

It's all on your choice whether you reincarnate or not, but then why would one reincarnate if they go to heaven or HOW can they if they went to Hell? This question always makes me think there's a LOT more out there than just Heaven and Hell.
Old 06-10-2010, 12:16 AM
kaze

why cant heaven and hell be on earth. there is not a literal heaven or hell. new rewards and punishments on earth everyday.. the afterlife is it, perfect. i got an easy pass, im not worried about the toll. karma doesnt effect the afterlife only life in reality, this reality im typing in
Old 06-10-2010, 12:40 AM
Master
if we chose our lives, our lessons, our expierences, our relationship dynamics prior to birth why must we pay karma in our incarnations? why reward and punish fated actions? .. If there is truly no judgement why the different levels of the spiritworld based on vibration?
Old 06-10-2010, 12:53 AM
kaze

reincarnation seems unreasonable. it cant be proven, really. its also, i think, a stupid idea. you get one life to live, never ask for a mulligan.
Old 06-10-2010, 12:53 AM
Coming2

Greenslade!! I am a huge HitchHiker fan...Personally I felt that they never asked the right question. Perhaps that is the reason so many stay confused today.....we might not know what the right question is when seeking personal fulfillment and serenity. Personally I know things I desire to learn but often times I feel I am not asking for the right thing. I have read so many times when contacting Angels, Guides and ArchAngels we must be extremely clear about what we are asking. We must know exactly what we seek. What I ask is that if we really knew what we sought would be asking in the first place??
Old 06-10-2010, 12:59 AM
Greenslade

Always a lot more, Rumar. But then, to some, that's the fun of it.

Why can't it be, Kaze? Heaven and hell are your perspective, so here you are. Heaven and hell are on earth - if that's what you believe in.

I don't believe it happens that way, Rosewater. I'm not a big fan of karma and the more I look at it the less it makes any sense. And the reason for the different levels of vibration? It's not about judgement, it's your own personal vibration. A higher level doesn't mean better it just means further along a Path. We're all going to end up at the same place in the end, it's just that some start off later than others or take a different route.

Coming2, one of the things I have understood for a long time is the need to ask the right questions. When I first started contacting my Guides the answers were usually confusing and didn't help much. Then I asked the right question.

"What should I be asking?"

Last edited by Greenslade : 06-10-2010 at 01:07 AM.
Old 06-10-2010, 01:03 AM
Coming2

Rose..Ultimately I think Karma comes down to free will. Even though we have planned a life beforehand we are only given the blueprints, we choose the ultimate outcome. Once we incarnate again we still have different paths to choose in every situation that we face. Based on that choice our paths take different routes. When we reunite with our soul group we will be patted on the back for some decisions and have to work through others that took us down a different path. I am not really sure how I feel about predetermined destiny. I believe God knows the outcome of all things but again gives us the choice on which path to take.

JMO....
Old 06-10-2010, 01:18 AM
kaze

like tupac said, and i believe

"my only fear of death, is coming back to this b**** reincarnated"

mother nature+father time+love

when does the storm stop? the storm on the senses. you remain telepathically conscious after death. with reincarnation there would need to be a ultimate goal from god. which there is not. its all about love.

Last edited by kaze : 06-10-2010 at 01:30 AM.