Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 05-05-2012, 08:16 PM
Knower
Is it possible that my past life was an animal?

The topic pretty much sums it up lol but i've learnt that after death our souls get reincarnated into a new body and I was wondering, is it possible that in a past life I could of been an animal? Or is that a totally different kettle of fish... I don't know how far it goes for reincarnation, if we're always human or can be different species?

PS: Not sure if this is the right sub forum!
Old 05-05-2012, 09:28 PM
Quintessence

Depends on how you believe past lives work. I don't believe in past lives in the conventional sense, and in my book, not only is it possible, it is utterly impossible to avoid.
Old 05-05-2012, 09:37 PM
Quagmire

It sure is possible, because everything is possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quintessence
it is utterly impossible to avoid.

I wonder why it is impossible to avoid, because I have never been an animal and this is my last incarnation in mortal form.
Old 05-05-2012, 09:51 PM
Knower
Quote:
this is my last incarnation in mortal form.

How do you know that? What's going to happen to you after you die?

Last edited by arive nan : 13-07-2013 at 07:25 AM.
Old 05-05-2012, 10:00 PM
Quagmire

I have awakened to my true self and with that have come the knowledge of my higher self (and it still comes because it would be overkill if it all came at once). I know that the life I had before this one was planned as my last but I was killed prematurely, so I had to take one more life. In this life I have finished what I was cheated out of not finishing in my last life. When I die I will be reborn on a higher level of existence and that way be reunited with my divine self, which I was seperated from long ago.
Old 05-05-2012, 10:10 PM
Knower
If you don't mind me asking, just curious but what were you cheated out of in your last life? (if it's too personal that's fine)

Also, do we all have a divine self? And how did you awaken your true self? (sorry for all the questions XD)
Old 05-05-2012, 10:44 PM
Quagmire

You do not have to say sorry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remnantique
If you don't mind me asking, just curious but what were you cheated out of in your last life? (if it's too personal that's fine)

There is not more to it than I was murdered before I had finished the lessons I came to Earth to finish.

Quote:
Also, do we all have a divine self?

Most is actually their divine self, which is their soul. I was once a mortal and an immortal part intertwined into one being. Then the mortal and immortal part were seperated forcing the mortal part to incarnate in mortal form and trapping the immortal form in the spirit world until we get reunited.

Quote:
And how did you awaken your true self?

I wish I had an answer, it just happened. One day I just realized that the spiritual mountain I was climbing did not exist and all of a sudden I found myself on a serene meadow. So the secret to life is that all obstacles we create ourself. No matter what happen you are the one that decides how you will react. With this knowledge it was like the knowledge of who I once we opened up in me. Then this sunday I finally accepted that this was me, so now I am also realized and know that I am me and always have been and always will be and that is all that will ever be enough.
Old 06-05-2012, 01:49 AM
Quintessence

Quote:
I wonder why it is impossible to avoid, because I have never been an animal and this is my last incarnation in mortal form.

Like I said, I don't have a conventional concept of "past lives" nor of "reincarnation." Because of how I view these processes occurring, it is literally impossible to avoid. But my worldview need not be others' worldview, nor should it be.

In brief, my views are inspired by scientific naturalism. You die, your body decays. The stuff that was "you" is recycled into the universe and gets put to use in a dizzying array of forms. Parts of me return to the great oceans or as rain. Parts of me return to the sky and air. Parts return to the soil and rocks. Parts become bacteria, fungi, plants, and animals. Only a very, very small percent of the stuff that is "me" becomes human again.

There's more to it than that, but when I get into the otherworldly aspects of what happens it becomes much harder to explain. >_<;

Last edited by arive nan : 13-07-2013 at 07:25 AM.
Old 06-05-2012, 07:54 PM
Quagmire

What you describe certainly exist and when I leave this body I reside in at the moment it will return to that flow. But the thing is that I am not my body and never will be. My body is kind of a "prison" I have ended up in, but that is what the human body is for me and not for everyone. So if what you talk about is the truth for you and your body I do not know, I only know it is not true for me and mine.
Old 06-05-2012, 08:45 PM
Winston

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quintessence
In brief, my views are inspired by scientific naturalism. You die, your body decays. The stuff that was "you" is recycled into the universe and gets put to use in a dizzying array of forms. Parts of me return to the great oceans or as rain. Parts of me return to the sky and air. Parts return to the soil and rocks. Parts become bacteria, fungi, plants, and animals. Only a very, very small percent of the stuff that is "me" becomes human again.

There's more to it than that, but when I get into the otherworldly aspects of what happens it becomes much harder to explain. >_<;

Quintessence, I have essentially the same view on reincarnation as you do. The whole universe is becoming conscious of itself through all living things over and over again forever. If I have found myself awake and conscious as a human being now, what's to say this cannot happen again? In fact after we die I would say that the only sort of experience that can happen is the same kind of experience as when we were born. Every incarnation in the universe is THIS incarnation. You are other humans, plants, and animals that exist now.

Anyway, I'd be curious to hear the "otherworldly" aspects of what happens if you're willing to discuss them, as this is an interest of mine