Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Buddhism

Old 10-06-2018, 10:02 AM
Eelco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
Yes, this is generally true, but I wouldn't consider that a simplistic answer to the dilemma of human suffering, even though it's valid in principle, because it isn't an objective phenomena - it's completely subjective. Hence, taking the teaching as if it refers to something objectively true is a fundamental misinterpretation of what refers to the individually subjective experience. This is why making a sensible interpretation of texts isn't the 'real deal', so to speak, whereas recognising the truth of the issue as it pertains to your life is. However, in my experience, speaking from a true-to-life perspective isn't widely accepted in the Buddhist discussion forum (I mean the wider discourse), and we become reduced to repeating suttas and conforming to a homogeneous objectivity.

Does being right mean that much to you?
You truly are gifted at misreading and misinterpreting everything that has been said because of your blinders..

Stoopid.
Testosteron filled nonsense.
Egocentric explanations of imagined truths..
Yup you'll do great in the spiritual market place.
Old 10-06-2018, 10:15 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eelco
Does being right mean that much to you?
You truly are gifted at misreading and misinterpreting everything that has been said because of your blinders..

All I can say is, I don't make accusations, insults and assertions because I already know that those impressions are fallacious and the intent that produces them aren't kind.

Quote:
Stoopid.
Testosteron filled nonsense.
Egocentric explanations of imagined truths..
Yup you'll do great in the spiritual market place.
Old 10-06-2018, 11:19 AM
Eelco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
All I can say is, I don't make accusations, insults and assertions because I already know that those impressions are fallacious and the intent that produces them aren't kind.

I do because the kinder variations fell on deaf ears.
As I've said before, the way you express yourself is dangerous for the young beginning seeker. So I'll oppose it.

You are trying to encapsulate your experience in Buddhist terms, where it is clear for those with a little understanding of Buddhism that you misuse the terms to mean something other then intended because it amtches your so-called experience.

Every time this is "gently" pointed out you become defensive and twist your words around to diminish your fallasies in understanding.

You can, may and do say that the way I accuse you is not in line because of right speech. Little I can do about that except repeat what I see unfold again and again until you either stop misrepresenting what the Buddha alluded to or just discuss your findings in the appropriate sub- forums.

With Love
Eelco
Old 10-06-2018, 11:49 AM
Master
I'm sure the abrasive tone is repulsive to people who might be interested in the topic and I can't even be here because I know I'm going to be insulted. This is where it ends.
Old 10-06-2018, 12:03 PM
Eelco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
I'm sure the abrasive tone is repulsive to people who might be interested in the topic and I can't even be here because I know I'm going to be insulted. This is where it ends.

I'd rather they are repulsed than misguided.
Old 10-06-2018, 01:14 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
' You just don’t believe it? '

It's hard to believe something you haven't experienced before but you won't ever know until you try, and even then it can take many tries to get it right...

Very true.

I would also add if what someone is doing and has been doing for years is not progressing them along. Maybe it’s time to rethink what one is doing.

For instance if you have just been doing breath meditation for years with little results maybe you should think about adding a energy practice to the beginning of ones session.

Maybe check out some other traditions and practices if what you are doing isn’t beating fruit.

Not you specifically... just generally saying..
Old 10-06-2018, 01:20 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
Yes, this is generally true, but I wouldn't consider that a simplistic answer to the dilemma of human suffering, even though it's valid in principle, because it isn't an objective phenomena - it's completely subjective. Hence, taking the teaching as if it refers to something objectively true is a fundamental misinterpretation of what refers to the individually subjective experience. This is why making a sensible interpretation of texts isn't the 'real deal', so to speak, whereas recognising the truth of the issue as it pertains to your life is. However, in my experience, speaking from a true-to-life perspective isn't widely accepted in the Buddhist discussion forum (I mean the wider discourse), and we become reduced to repeating suttas and conforming to a homogeneous objectivity.

My post was uncomplicated and connected to how one experiences dukkha in everyday life and no sutta repetitions were offered.

Unfortunately your own posts can be unnecessarily complicated and dominating, if you don't mind me being honest, Gem.

Sometimes its a good idea to listen to what others are saying and back off occasionally. Hopefully We're not having a competition here!

_/|\_
Old 10-06-2018, 01:20 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
Can you explain what you're talking about in a way that reflects your real-life understanding? - not your interpretation of texts, but the the way it's real in your life?

I have done so many times in various threads.

I am more than willing to discuss various teachings and real life experience that relate to them.
Old 10-06-2018, 01:40 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonesboy
I have done so many times in various threads.

I am more than willing to discuss various teachings and real life experience that relate to them.

Yes we have all tried to no avail, sometimes people don't sincerely want to know.
Old 10-06-2018, 02:23 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samana
Unfortunately your own posts can be unnecessarily complicated and dominating, if you don't mind me being honest, Gem.
For what it may be worth to you and anyone else in the general audience, I see and experience you and would characterize what you say and how you say it to be the very opposite.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samana
Sometimes its a good idea to listen to what others are saying and back off occasionally. Hopefully We're not having a competition here!
I am one of said others, Samana. And my comment suggesting a parallel in relation to the 'gang' bang' I see/experience is going on here (among other places in the 'news') is that Jesus' 'critics' 'righteously' judged and accused him of blasphemy and asserting falsehoods!

What the phenom here suggests to me is that there is a 'separation' (like what happens beween 'oil' and 'water' - many parallels IMO applying) going on in the realm of Mind and Spirit all over the world NOW!

It strikes me that this is the (another?) 'apocalypse', the word 'apocalypse' literally meaning 'revelation', the 'revelation' of what is what IN TRUTH!

I think Gem has all along been and continued to be very 'honest', Samana, and that your thinking/feeling/believing the opposite is very 'revealing' of what the 'nature' of you soul-spirit (presently) is, which feedback I would suggest may be well worth your while to consider and contemplate.

I invite you to 'weigh' in by sharing what you 'see' in the above regard, jonesboy. I would (sincerely) like to know 'what you are made of'.