Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 21-11-2017, 12:11 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Molearner
As for perfection....this quote from Bernadette Roberts comes to mind: "This search for perfection--which is a search for divinity--is nothing more than the failure to accept our existence the way it is."
Great quote.
Old 21-11-2017, 08:31 PM
Master
Old 25-11-2017, 04:56 AM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobi
What is "perfect"?
No...seriously, what exactly is it?

For myself, 'perfect' means that things cannot be any way other than they are, that things are always in their place, that Absolute Reality is inherently complete. If someone says that reality is imperfect, that implies that it could be any other way. But firstly I believe that it cannot be any other way, and more than that, I believe that any other reality that can be imagined to exist already exists because Absolute Reality is both infinite and complete. So if we dream up a 'more' perfect reality, it is already part of the completeness that is Absolute Reality. So my basis for all of my views is that Absolute Reality is perfect.
Old 25-11-2017, 05:36 AM
Deactivated Account
Everything is perfect just the way it is, ourselves, we can be perfectly ignorant, or perfectly wise.
Old 25-11-2017, 05:42 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by revolver
Great quote.
Yes, good quote, but rather simplistic imho.

To accept existence for the way that it is, would necessitate us accepting existence as other than what we either think or believe it and ourselves to be and this facilitates the search for perfection or divinity.
Old 25-11-2017, 07:29 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivani Devi
Yes, good quote, but rather simplistic imho.

To accept existence for the way that it is, would necessitate us accepting existence as other than what we either think or believe it and ourselves to be and this facilitates the search for perfection or divinity.
True, but we are already that, that's the perfect game of hide and seek.
Old 25-11-2017, 09:26 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by revolver
True, but we are already that, that's the perfect game of hide and seek.
Due to my recent forays in the Non-Duality Forum and elsewhere...discussing Neo Advaita among other things...everybody saying "you don't need to do anything because you are already that"...I sit and wonder...just how many people are totally complacent with the knowledge "okay, so I am that...fair enough...is that all this spirituality thing IS? no big deal...I am that, you are that, everything is that...cool beans...and now, I can say and do what I want, even get angry, criticise others, not care about anything because I am that...and all that I am doing and saying is just a part of the 'that' which 'I am"...and how many of them have actually felt it deep inside? actually experienced this Oneness with the universe first-hand?...felt the awesome bliss?...the peace? the outpouring and inpouring of love?...danced around in ecstatic rapture?...had their brains and hearts expanded?...experienced a greater clarity of mind?...had their whole consciousness blown and ripped apart by this realisation?...never the same again? etc etc and how many just say "I am that" as they would say "I am *insert name*?"
Old 25-11-2017, 09:58 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocean breeze
Hence nothing is perfect or imperfect. Only the mind can conceive of something as perfect or imperfect.

It is all a big brain fart teehee.
Old 25-11-2017, 11:01 AM
boshy b. good

And we enjoy imperfections too, because life has been silly, "does that make us stand up, because that makes us stand up." Are we brave or something. We still needed to use suited precaution with our loved ones, now's our chance. Are we wori less that way, we make sure of that. Are we ok, we make sure up that. It's probably not big of a Deal because we devoure that way. Can we name all our imperfections, our jollys. Does that make us strong.

Emanuel : yes!

Last edited by boshy b. good : 25-11-2017 at 01:06 PM.
Old 25-11-2017, 02:54 PM
Master
I completely get what you mean, WabiSabi - er ... is it what you say makes 'complete' (perfect?) sense to me?

Cool word-art-fart-play everyone. It's all play

From Ch.13 of The Bhagavad Gita:

"The body of man is the playground of the Self; and That which knows the activities of Matter, sages call the Self.
I am the Omniscient self that abides in the playground of Matter; knowledge of Matter and of the all-knowing Self is wisdom."

Woohoo!