Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Wicca

Old 07-11-2018, 10:35 PM
Pathfinder

Curiosty about Wicca and Life.

Hi everyone, I’m thinking about trying out Wicca but I’m a bit scared and confused especially with the three folds law. Does that apply to everything or just Wicca? Because there are many different beliefs in every religion but only one has to be correct right?Unless our lives are based off what we believe? I’ve kinda always thought we go to a realm of our beliefs when we die. Anyway I’m scared about the cons of anything in Wicca. What draws people to it? What are the pros with it along with the cons. I’ll state some more of my concerns.

Charging salt or charging crystals is it okay to do and can it have negative precotions are we supposed to protect ourselves in everything we do spiritual wise or just Wicca and whatever other belief goes by the same factors like pagan for instance if they believe the same thing. Praying is something everyone does for instance but we don’t protect ourselves in that unless it doesn’t count as a spell someone has to tell me lol I don’t even know if negativity can occur from praying.

That’s why I’m getting at maybe it’s the certain beliefs of what religion or spiritual background you have that matters. I don’t know if I’m right lol

Thanks for the help! Sorry if this was confusing and please let me know so I can do better next time. Im not good with writing and putting my thoughts together.
Old 08-11-2018, 08:32 PM
Lepus

Hello

The threefold law was taken out of context from a book called High Magic Aid written by Gerald Gardner.

The popular misconception that there is a Wiccan Rule or Law of Three or Threefold Return comes from a misinterpretation of a passage in a work of fiction written by Gerald Gardner, the grandfather of modern Wicca. The book was called High Magic’s Aid, and he wrote it with the permission of his High Priestess. It had to be fiction because at that point, witchcraft was still illegal in Britain. In that book and its fictional story, the protagonist undergoes a sort of initiation rite in which he is taught “mark well when thou receivest good, so equally art bound to return good threefold.”

The witch is herself the agent of a threefold response, not the universe. Thus, when a witch receives anything positive; the witch is bound to return the favor threefold. However, anything negative sent out to someone, and that someone finds out; the witch deserves the retribution for sending out a poorly spell.

Wicca: Threefold Law

The positive side of Wicca is a nature-based 'religion'. Wicca is an offshoot of traditional british witchcraft wrapped in ceremony and pseudoreligion. I would recommend reading A Witches' Bible: The Complete Witches' Handbook by Janet Farrar and Stewart Farrar for further information on Wicca.

The negative side of Wicca is the neo-Wiccans who preach that Wicca is all "goodness and light" and often refuses to learn, refuses to think, and refuses to consider the possibility that they could possibly ever be wrong.

Charging is fine. There's nothing wrong with charging salt or crystals, in fact many charge crystals during a full moon to empower and infuse them with energy to work with specific properties. However, when one is using their own energy to enchant or empower you might need to cleanse yourself from any negative attachments both mentally and physically. That's how I feel anyway.

I've never heard of any negative experiences through prayer.

Lepus
Old 16-12-2018, 04:57 AM
Master
ah I found this other thread of yours now RadiantPearl which is probably more fitting for what I added to your other one, but hopefully it was meant to be put where I put it lol..

that is nice information Lupus thank you. I wonder if the quote about threefold had to do with the law of attraction and gratitude?

You make it sound simple to cleanse oneself of negative attachments. is it really and what do you recommend? thank you again
Old 28-12-2018, 09:56 PM
Pathfinder

Thanks Lepus! Sapphierz yes I agree. And yes what do you recommend on cleansing negative attatchments?
Old 30-04-2019, 11:22 PM
Newbie ;)
Seeker

I LOVE everything about wiccan's and there belief's. It opened up the door for myself to study spiritual alchemy and love alchemy. I have since written my own book for myself and I have written my own symbol's. Too, describe how I live with my life now and how I am re-working to get my life back on track after a horrible awakening I had when I transcened using the fire kundalini. I opened up to quickly when I was 15. I had some awesome spiritual help and a soul or spiritual weave made. I had my soul binded. Since, than the energies have calmed down a lot. I would say with out the wiccan's and alchemist's I wouldn't have had a chance to relive my life. Be grateful you can take it easy one day a time. I would never open up the way I did by myself ever again.