Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 06-11-2018, 02:35 PM
Suspended
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuurt
I have bad social anxiety and it keeps me from getting a job. At the same time I do get sick of sitting around the house. I would like to be around people again. But my fear is so strong every time I think about getting a job I can feel it in the pit of my stomach.

When I look around at all the possible jobs out there I just can't see myself doing any of them. I don't know what kind of job I should get. I don't know where I would fit in and where I would be most happy. Wouldn't my Higher Self know that? It knows everything, right?

So I try to ask in prayer for guidance about where I should get a job. I ask to be guided or led to the right job or for a sign to point me in the right direction. I pray about every night, but it doesn't seem to be working. I don't seem to be getting any answers. Do you think it's possible to be guided to the right job?

Back when I had my last job I was miserable there. I kept asking in prayer if I should stay or if I should go somewhere else. And I didn't ever receive an answer. Although this song kept playing on the radio at work - "should I stay or should I go now". Which merely reflected my question back at me but didn't really answer the question.

I was reading this book the other day and the guy was saying how he use to try to get guidance about what he should do about everything because he wanted the assurance of knowing that he was making the right choices before making a move. But he said he had to learn that God/Source isn't going to tell you what to do - it's not going to make your decisions for you.

But if that's true, why does A Course In Miracles say that the Holy Spirit can lead you very directly - it can tell you where to go, who to talk to, and what to say. If it can do that, why wouldn't it tell me where to apply for a job? Why wouldn't it tell me where I would fit in and be comfortable and happy?

I recommend getting out for walks, especially in nature if you can, where there is a connection to the Earth to be established. Experiment with various locations in your area if you can. Outside you can get in touch with you soul for some serious contemplation & inspiration regarding your various issue's.
Old 06-11-2018, 07:50 PM
Master

Quote:
I have bad social anxiety and it keeps me from getting a job. At the same time I do get sick of sitting around the house. I would like to be around people again. But my fear is so strong every time I think about getting a job I can feel it in the pit of my stomach.

You seem to have two contradictory impulses.

1. You have bad social anxiety which implies that you feel uncomfortable with other people.

2. You are tired of sitting at home alone so you want to be with other people.

Are you actually afraid of other people or are you afraid of being in a work situation?

If you are afraid of other people then why is this? Are you afraid of all people or just some people?

If you are afraid of the work situation then why is this? Do you feel inadequate in some way, not capable of doing what is expected? Do you feel undeserving of being paid for your time and labour? Or are you afraid of authority figures, and working for a boss who has expectations makes you feel anxious and uncomfortable?

Quote:
When I look around at all the possible jobs out there I just can't see myself doing any of them. I don't know what kind of job I should get. I don't know where I would fit in and where I would be most happy. Wouldn't my Higher Self know that? It knows everything, right?

What makes you happy? What excites you? Can you see any way of earning money from doing what you enjoy?

For example, if you don't feel comfortable with people then do you like animals? So become a dog-walker. You get out and about, you interact with people to a limited extent, and you earn some money. Just one possible option. (I have no idea why that popped into my head but I've run with it!)

Your Higher Self may know, but this is your learning experience. If you were at school and your teacher did all your exercises and essays and homework then what would you learn?

Quote:
So I try to ask in prayer for guidance about where I should get a job. I ask to be guided or led to the right job or for a sign to point me in the right direction. I pray about every night, but it doesn't seem to be working. I don't seem to be getting any answers. Do you think it's possible to be guided to the right job?

Prayers and affirmations are good, but maybe something in you needs to change. When you change then your life changes. If you do not change then how can your life be any different?

Quote:
Back when I had my last job I was miserable there. I kept asking in prayer if I should stay or if I should go somewhere else. And I didn't ever receive an answer. Although this song kept playing on the radio at work - "should I stay or should I go now". Which merely reflected my question back at me but didn't really answer the question.

So why were you miserable? Was it the work? Or the people you worked with? Or the people you worked for? Did you ever try going into work with a really positive attitude about enjoying your day, whatever might happen?

If you can be clear about the problem then the answers are easier to find.

Quote:
I was reading this book the other day and the guy was saying how he use to try to get guidance about what he should do about everything because he wanted the assurance of knowing that he was making the right choices before making a move. But he said he had to learn that God/Source isn't going to tell you what to do - it's not going to make your decisions for you.

We can be paralysed by indecision, which comes down to fear of making the wrong choice. Perhaps you need to be braver because there are no wrong choices. Regarding work and careers we may choose one thing and then realise it is not for us. That is fine. We can move on and do something different.

Quote:
But if that's true, why does A Course In Miracles say that the Holy Spirit can lead you very directly - it can tell you where to go, who to talk to, and what to say. If it can do that, why wouldn't it tell me where to apply for a job? Why wouldn't it tell me where I would fit in and be comfortable and happy?

We can be guided to be in the right place at the right time to meet the right people, etc. But this requires that we are empty in ourselves and ready to listen. Maybe you are so feel of fears (which may seem very real but actually they are just thoughts in your head) that you are unable to receive any guidance from your Higher Self.

Those who can live a life directed by the Holy Spirit or Higher Self have done a lot of work on themselves to become clear and open to such guidance. It sounds as if you want the benefits of being guided without actually doing the work to prepare yourself.

This is not intended as a personal criticism. We all have our areas of limitation and we all struggle with some aspects of practical living. At the end of the day, life is a game so have fun with it.

Peace.