Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Paranormal & Supernatural > Electronic Communication

Old 02-01-2017, 11:14 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kine Lea
That's a lot to be getting on with. I've been wanting to put together some electronic circuitry recently, but feeling bored with the usual recycling of old guitar FX, or LED "light show follies".
The sight of those radio circuit diagrams has sparked some ideas well worth chasing down.

Thanks
No problems and glad to help, inspire and all.

The info I have posted is just 'reference material' anyway. I just dropped it here while I remembered it. I didn't expect you to look at it all...it's just there if you need it.

Thanks again for posting and sharing.
Old 03-09-2017, 02:59 AM
Pathfinder
Here's a data point for you.

Friend of mine has one of these things. I'm non-physical myself (see my introduction, I have someone who lets me borrow their hands to type here), so I thought I'd give it a try and see what I could do. I figured the most clear thing I could possibly do was to say my name over and over rather than something generic like "hello."

Worked great. My name comes through at least a half dozen times in the recording.

So yes, they work, if they're the kind that actually uses radio frequencies, not the phone app kind.
Old 04-11-2017, 11:12 PM
Master
yep iv herd
its in yore hed
u makin it up
no sush thng
yes iv herd i hav
i no wot i herd

i dream dreams all dreams
🌟🌟🌙🌙☔☔🌆🌆🌁😈😎😒💋💑💑💑💌🍨🍩🍔🌟🌟🌟✴🍩🍔
Old 01-03-2018, 06:33 AM
Master
Goodness gracious me!

I can see my current calling right now.

I've been watching many spirit box sessions on Youtube today and the number of times people are getting it all wrong is incredible!

For example...I heard a spirit say "I have a question" and the one who heard it took it as "I am a Christian".

At the end of most of them, I felt like bashing my head against the wall.

When I get more credit on my modem, I'm going to visit all these ghost box people and reply as to what the spirits are really saying! - beyond all cognitive bias of the human mind - because they have allowed me to transcend that.

It's also no wonder they play with us, lie to us and do all that when we have no clue what they are saying and they are getting SO frustrated with not being heard properly...

Fortunately, once in a lifetime...one comes along who can understand it all.
Old 02-03-2018, 07:46 PM
Seeker

As someone who is open-minded about things I don't really understand I feel You Tube is something of a mixed blessing. I have watched a number of fairly convincing videos on YT. but there are an awful lot of "gifts" for the skeptics and perhaps too many over enthusiastic posters, thats my take anyway!

I would be very interested to learn how you are able to form your definitive views, is it by long experience of EVP or do you have a natural gift about these matters? i'd love to know and also become more discerning myself.

Thanks, Chris.
Old 02-03-2018, 10:31 PM
Master
Thank you, Chris.

I was asked a very similar question via PM yesterday:

Quote:
Hi, I'm interested in your comments about your Spirit Box. I used to watch the static on the tv as a child (as recommended by my 'imaginary' friend - before the days of the internet) and could see faces and hear voices (until my mum would switch it off out of fear) but nowadays on modern TVs there is a blue screen which blocks the static and the sound is muted.

I saw a video that you linked and you noted a number of responses, though upon watching the video myself I was unable to hear much at all.

Are there more reliable ways to communicate and control whom you are speaking to etc. as it sounds like you usually just end up with random jokers which seems like a big waste of time (a large variance in quality akin to using chatroulette).

My reply:

"Yes, at the beginning, it's sort of like this. I have also likened it to an 'astral chat room' in that you can't really control what comes through at the start and you get all types.

In most cases, and in that particular video, the Spirit Box user was kind of butting in on a conversation between 4 astral entities, thinking they were talking to him and not each other. When that happens, some of them do say to 'go away' (in no uncertain terms).

After a while, one recognises this and can also recognise individual voices and characters within the Astral and join in the conversation and 'make spirit friends' and usually, others will just leave you alone to have those conversations...and you can also meet some very nice, kind and loving beings as well - it's just like normal human interractions...some will like you and talk to you and some will not.

Many people cannot hear what the spirits are saying and it all just sounds like 'radio static'...but you learn to establish a 'baseline' and anything that deviates from this baseline, is potential spirit communication. When I hear a sound that deviates from the baseline or 'background hum" I will go back and replay it over and over...up to 6 times in some cases and my mind will slow it down, because they talk so goshdarn fast! about 10 times the speed that a normal human ear can hear, but for some reason, I can naturally slow this down inside my head and listen to the whole conversation and it's just like a group of people talking to each other in a crowded restaurant and I can tune in to their conversation. I hope this explains it a bit."
Old 02-03-2018, 11:25 PM
Master
Here is a post I made in the "Angels and Guides" section:

http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...6&postcount=40

Now, I have Asperger's Syndrome and my mind cannot filter out extraneous or irrelevant information, like the normal or neurotypical brain can.

This is something I have had to learn how to do manually, by totally focusing on one thing and one aspect of my sensory input at the expense of all others, or else, I wind up and overstinulated heap of jelly on the floor.

When a 'normal brain' hears this, one of two things happen...they can hear absolutely nothing at all (because their brains have already filtered out most of it before they even heard it) OR their cognitive biases get in the way and they will post what they only think they heard...meanwhile, only getting like about one word in ten of a whole conversation.

Like I have previously said, it helps to replay each and every second over...and over. It sometimes will take me about 4 hours to transcribe a 10 minute session.

It's like I have a piece of software in my head that can slow down speech and remove all background noise.

The P-SB7 is pretty limited in what it can do though, because of the 'band chunks' communication is broken up into...when I can afford it, I'll probably get a Radio Shack radio and hack it, or a Sangean...I can hear them much clearer on these devices.
Old 03-03-2018, 11:32 AM
Seeker

Thank you Shivani Devi for the two previous posts explaining how you are able to analyse spirit box sounds - you do seem to have a rather special natural set of conditions to assist you. I understand your persistence in repeatedly listening to various parts before being able to fathom out what was said, I too have been using that technique in desperation I suppose, I hoped there was a neat trick I was missing but it does not seem to be so.

Part of my problem is that the target sounds are often only brief, cryptic comments or words with not context to help my brain fill in around the sound to deduce a possible meaning and they don't always make sense to me.

I meant to say earlier that your post 1) at the very beginning of this thread does an excellent, fair minded job of setting out the situation and problems surrounding EVP in general.

Thanks, Chris
Old 03-03-2018, 11:56 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by dowsingdoer
Thank you Shivani Devi for the two previous posts explaining how you are able to analyse spirit box sounds - you do seem to have a rather special natural set of conditions to assist you. I understand your persistence in repeatedly listening to various parts before being able to fathom out what was said, I too have been using that technique in desperation I suppose, I hoped there was a neat trick I was missing but it does not seem to be so.

Part of my problem is that the target sounds are often only brief, cryptic comments or words with not context to help my brain fill in around the sound to deduce a possible meaning and they don't always make sense to me.

I meant to say earlier that your post 1) at the very beginning of this thread does an excellent, fair minded job of setting out the situation and problems surrounding EVP in general.

Thanks, Chris
It just takes lot of practice, really.

I'll teach you something tonight, Chris (that 'neat trick') and you may not get this at first...but please play around with it.

Sometimes, they will use words to speak, and sometimes sounds that are not speech, but they transform it into a recognisable form of speech and often, three or four words can be spread out over a few seconds, by that one spirit, using different voices and tones...and it takes a highly trained ear to make this out.

For example, we'll take that video I posted...and here it is again:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HAFqJa9zGVE

Now, we're going to isolate three seconds of it..totally slow down these three seconds in your mind...or if you have some PC software that does it, that's good...but anyway...

Pay particular attention to what goes on between 2:37 and 2:40.

Before that time (2:35-2:36), a woman whispers in the session room (possibly the wife of the spirit box operator).

At 2:37, bordering 2:38 - You will hear..."PLEASE DON'T"...like a man is shouting.

Then, there's a break for about a second...and at 2:39- 2:40 you will hear "whis-per" like somebody is singing it in a song and not talking/speaking it.... but "whis" and "per" are separated by a few semitones.

This is one spirit, saying "Please don't whisper" to that lady.

When you can understand that one spirit can say a whole sentence, using words, singing, music, patching and static, all in different tones and voices, then you will be able to get this.

They use whatever frequencies are available in the airwaves at the time to talk and communicate...I've had a full conversation totally in 'patching' once.

This takes a very skilled ear...and also, the realisation that one second for them, is like ten seconds for us.
Old 03-03-2018, 12:16 PM
Master
These are the two longest individual sentences I have ever received through the Spirit Box:

"Please don't bore us with getting us to do that task because we won't do it".

(After I repeatedly asked them to identify a shell I was holding).

"Just because you cannot find it, doesn't mean it's not there so keep looking."

(After I tried to find a record of a spirit based on information he gave to me).

Just so you know.