Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 20-01-2020, 10:41 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAYA EL
You are greatly misunderstanding that concept.
The world is real I promise you . However your opinion and perspective of the world is the elution

What does 'elution' mean? And how would you know if the earth is real or not? In what way am I greatly misunderstanding that concept?

The Humility, the Pride and the Humiliation.
Old 20-01-2020, 12:30 PM
MAYA EL

To state something such as "real" and or " illusion " means that there is a fundamental and demonstrable version that can be expressed in a identical way and by anyone and that it is the measuring rod by which all similar things are judged and so with it a person can say "this is real" or "that is "illusion " but unfortunately no such thing exists or has ever existed because everyone experiences a slightly different life and do to are perspective we create an opinion of the world and that opinion is just are own illusion because no concept/ perspective on life is demonstrably true because you cannot fit reality into words and concepts you can only experience it in the present moment. So like I said before
This is the real world but your understanding/ concept/ view of it is what's not real.

Edit for stupid voice to txt sabotage

Last edited by MAYA EL : 20-01-2020 at 03:28 PM.
Old 20-01-2020, 12:40 PM
Seeker

Never mind
Old 20-01-2020, 02:45 PM
ketzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honza
What does 'elution' mean?

Ya hey.... why don't you just google it?

"In analytical and organic chemistry, elution is the process of extracting one material from another by washing with a solvent; as in washing of loaded ion-exchange resins to remove captured ions."

There ya go.... and I bet you though that the internet was only good for telling you what goes on in the mind of God .

I love it when science and religion come together .
Old 20-01-2020, 02:51 PM
ketzer

Quote:
To state something such as "real" and or "elution " means that there is a fundamental and demonstrable version that can be expressed in a identical way and by anyone and that it is the measuring rod by which all similar things are judged and so with it a person can say "this is real" or "that is elution " but unfortunately no such thing exists or has ever existed because everyone experiences a slightly different life and do to are perspective we create an opinion of the world and that opinion is just are own elution because no concept/ perspective on life is demonstrably true because you cannot fit reality into words and concepts you can only experience it in the present moment. So like I said before
This is the real world but your understanding/ concept/ view of it is what's not real.
True enough from one perspective. But from a scientific perspective, it may be argued that our "view" of something is what makes it real. And it may not just be that we all view the same fact(s) differently, but that even two minds that hold opposing facts can both be right. When we hold the same facts we say it must be "real", when we hold opposing facts we say "that guy must be nuts."
Perspectives from ones own "reality".
Old 20-01-2020, 03:25 PM
MAYA EL

I apologize for the use of the wrong word I was busy and made the mistake I'm thinking using voice to text was a good idea and apparently my phone preferred to turn the word "illusion" into "elution" and of course I didn't pay attention before posting the reply lol my apology
Old 20-01-2020, 03:49 PM
ketzer

Quote:
I apologize for the use of the wrong word I was busy and made the mistake I'm thinking using voice to text was a good idea and apparently my phone preferred to turn the word "illusion" into "elution" and of course I didn't pay attention before posting the reply lol my apology

Perhaps your slip is more serendipitous than it first appears.

"extracting one material from another by washing with a solvent"

Is actually a rather good metaphor for how one's reality comes about.
Old 20-01-2020, 07:35 PM
MAYA EL

Quote:
Originally Posted by ketzer
Perhaps your slip is more serendipitous than it first appears.

"extracting one material from another by washing with a solvent"

Is actually a rather good metaphor for how one's reality comes about.
Lol I went so deep even I didn't understand myself lol
I need a meem of Denzel Washington saying "dats that guru ****" with a crazy look on his face lol
Old 20-01-2020, 07:47 PM
ketzer

Quote:
Lol I went so deep even I didn't understand myself lol

That is to be expected. I suppose that is why most stay in the shallows. It does get rather murky at depth. Rummage around down there too much and you end up unsettling the sediment and then you can hardly see your own hand in front of your face.