Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 15-06-2016, 05:15 PM
Ascender

Vision is still one of those troubling things for me; some say we fashion our afterlife from our consciousness, thoughts & memories. If that was so, would a blind person ever see anything with no reference to draw upon - unless of course you believe in past lives and they saw in a past life and could draw upon that?

And if we have spirit eyes, are there spirit nerves, capillaries etc, sounds crazy but its the sort of thing that is a hurdle to belief at times
Old 16-06-2016, 02:34 AM
Suspended
Knower
Being blind doesn't make you less, it makes you more. Loss one sense the others are amplified, well proven.

Besides those with sight use your eyes to pass judgement on people, consciously or subconsciously it matters not.

For example, someone who looks like they crawled out from underneath a rock the immediate response is "eeek get away from me you freak". On the other hand someone dressed to the nines is oftentimes seen as highly favourable even if they are nastier than a rattlesnake.

Or someone who has track marks down their arms, even if those marks are decades old, will forever bear the stigma of druggie as will someone who has suicide scars be so "marked" in the eyes of fellow man. A person who acts gay but doesn't sound gay is well damned to some. People of different religions & skin tones are likewise judged negatively.

The list is endless of what judgement people pass just upon sight, first glance, without ever taking those few minutes to actually know that person.

To put it in perspective there was an old car commercial, years ago, where a guy who looked like a homeless bum walked into a dealership. He was widely ignored. An't it hilarious how the "homeless bum", once attention was given to him, could pay for his rather highly expensive car outright in cold hard cash.

Blind people don't have sight and so they can't pass snap judgement. Unless coached by their friends / family beforehand they generally lack the ability to make assumptions. Most actually have to get to know someone, even if it is just saying hello, before they can pass anything resembling judgement.

And so, spiritually, they are better. They will likely be reborn, particularly those born blind or whom loose their sight naturally [I won't broach the concept mentioned of intentional blindness by one's own hand], on a higher level than people with sight. Karma, after all.

Blindness can be viewed as a sacrifice made to understand better. Just as how a born mute might have been reborn to learn what it is like to live life without a voice [a slave owner for example, reborn as a mute, what better karma exists than that].
Old 26-06-2016, 06:14 AM
Pathfinder

No one is blind in the astral world... its upto you to open your inner eyes..
Old 26-06-2016, 08:27 AM
Master
I have shared here on these forums several times how I lost my eyesight during the Vietnam War and was totally blind for almost 5-years, went thru about a dozen eye surgeries to regain my eyesight, and how when I was blind I saw things that I failed to see when I had 20/20 eyesight. We human beings can look at things with our eyes but we will only truly see them with our awareness. There are people with 20/20 eyesight who are blind, and it is not my intention to be judgemental.
Old 26-06-2016, 09:46 AM
Master
When we die we leave our bodies behind with all its ailments like disabilities, sicknesses and disease as well as aging. Therefore there is no blind person in the afterlife
Old 16-09-2016, 11:50 AM
Guide

I think yes, the soul has a different vision and our human defects or diseases do not exist in our spirit.
Old 16-09-2016, 08:13 PM
Deactivated Account
There is a kind of Sight, which does not depend on physical eyes.
Yes, even so called sightless people can learn to see with this, and when they do, they will have a normal sight.
Old 16-09-2016, 08:23 PM
Administrator
When we pass over it is our soul that carries on the body does not,so every ailment or disability you have here, you wont have in the spirit world

Namaste
Old 17-11-2016, 01:10 PM
Suspended
Knower

yes a blind can see afterlife because soul has no physical body or parts
Old 17-11-2016, 05:13 PM
Burntfruit

I have heard sometimes the blind wear glasses in the afterlife as a nod to their former status