Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 21-07-2015, 08:18 PM
Knower
Without a Brain and The Afterlife

How long can you live without a brain and does the soul astral travel out without the pineal gland?

Thoughts on this?

Tell me even it's critical opinion. I will to pursuit for the raw truth.

"Being born for the first time and being a human is like waking up on your birthday and opening a birthday present that is a surprise."
Old 22-07-2015, 12:14 AM
Knower
Astral Body

I think it's all connected. The astral body takes place in the physical body. Humans have highly developed brains that are able to process things. But the astral body which is contained by the physical body, is only confined by space for your lifetime. When you die...the astral body floats off and is rejoined with its original source...wherever that may be. I believe the astral body is eternal. The astral body may be recycled to manifest other living creatures but this is just a theory...
Old 22-07-2015, 01:09 AM
Ascender
The soul doesn't live inside a brain.
Old 22-07-2015, 07:51 AM
Master
The human body is just a vehicle.
The brain and pineal gland are part of the vehicle, think of them as a computer chip in the car, maybe one that tells a mechanic what parts aren't working right.
Just as you exist when you are not in you car, you exist when you aren't in your body.
In fact even if your car was taken to the crusher or destroyed in an accident you would still exist - for the simple reason that you aren't your car.
Nor are you your body. :)

You are a formless eternal spirit, who temporarily takes up resident in a body inhabiting a planet.
Old 22-07-2015, 08:13 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyIncarnation
How long can you live without a brain and does the soul astral travel out without the pineal gland?

Thoughts on this?

Tell me even it's critical opinion. I will to pursuit for the raw truth.

I tried to sort out what you were actually asking and give an answer in the above post.

Technically though

The brain is particularly associated with the body, and it's operation in this dimension, the body doesn't remain functional for more than a few minutes without it.

The Pineal Gland about the size of a grain of rice in most people and a reddish brown grey. It is associated with being the Seat of Our Higher Consciousness, psychic abilities, connection with Higher Self, our energetic bodies and Cosmic connections.
It also produces melatonin, a serotonin derived hormone, which affects the modulation of sleep patterns. The body could probably exist without it if the chemicals it produced were taken artificially.

So these two things, the brain and the pineal gland are not doing similar things at all - one operates the body and higher function and the other is like a radar dish connecting us to higher states of consciousness and translating that information back to something understandable by the brain.

These two 'glands' are only needed by the physical body specifically - they are not needed by the soul to exist, the soul exists no matter what - it only needs these items if it chooses to exist in a physical body.

The body is an extension reaching down into the 3rd dimension, it is not the totality of the soul, and most of You does not exist in this dimension - only a small fraction of you does.

Hope that helps more.
Old 22-07-2015, 03:51 PM
Ascender

Ive read a few things saying that the pineal gland is instrumental in releasing your consciousness/mind/soul whatever you call it at the point of death. I thought WHAT IF, you were killed instantly say in a missile strike where you were instantly vaporised then what happens? Would that be the end of you??

Another question is how exactly does the disembodied mind/spirit again whatever, how does it retain memories exactly. Although I am reading Your Eternal Self by Craig Hogan and in it, it does say Science has already discovered that the brain by itself is totally inadequate at storing even a fraction of our memories, concluding that they must be stored somewhere else...
Old 22-07-2015, 05:39 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by metal68
Ive read a few things saying that the pineal gland is instrumental in releasing your consciousness/mind/soul whatever you call it at the point of death. I thought WHAT IF, you were killed instantly say in a missile strike where you were instantly vaporised then what happens? Would that be the end of you??

There are ample Near-Death Accounts where the individuals described exiting their body (OBE) right before an accident which badly damaged their body. It seems there is an aspect of ourselves (soul/spirit/eternal consciousness) which has advanced perception of what will unfold in this physical lifetime. Have you ever heard accounts of individuals who seemed to sense their own passing/death in advance, or individuals who claimed to have an intuitively known exactly whom they're going to meet and marry - and then they actually find that individual and feel it right away? If there is truth to the notion that some aspects of our life experiences are actually planned out in advance of incarnating here - then this would explain how people can demonstrate a subtle sense of knowing how their life will unfold.

Quote:
Originally Posted by metal68
Another question is how exactly does the disembodied mind/spirit again whatever, how does it retain memories exactly. Although I am reading Your Eternal Self by Craig Hogan and in it, it does say Science has already discovered that the brain by itself is totally inadequate at storing even a fraction of our memories, concluding that they must be stored somewhere else...

You read 'The Holographic Universe', right? Do you remember the section that discussed memory, and how there were those lab experiments done on rats, in which sections of their brain were surgically removed to try and pinpoint exactly which region was responsible for storing their memory of how to complete a maze. Well they found that no matter which section of the brain was removed, the rats never forgot how to run the maze. This meant that the memory was not physically stored in any particular section or location of the brain - and lent credence to the notion of memory being stored holographically - meaning each and any 'part' of the whole contains all the properties/qualities of the whole. It may be that memory is somehow encoded in the energy force that is our consciousness/spirit/soul itself. Although we are not in a position to understand the nature and properties of consciousness energy/spirit/soul. It's something which transcends our ability to study and comprehend from this Earthly vantage point.
Old 22-07-2015, 07:07 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfgaze
You read 'The Holographic Universe', right? Do you remember the section that discussed memory, and how there were those lab experiments done on rats, in which sections of their brain were surgically removed to try and pinpoint exactly which region was responsible for storing their memory of how to complete a maze. Well they found that no matter which section of the brain was removed, the rats never forgot how to run the maze. This meant that the memory was not physically stored in any particular section or location of the brain - and lent credence to the notion of memory being stored holographically - meaning each and any 'part' of the whole contains all the properties/qualities of the whole. It may be that memory is somehow encoded in the energy force that is our consciousness/spirit/soul itself. Although we are not in a position to understand the nature and properties of consciousness energy/spirit/soul. It's something which transcends our ability to study and comprehend from this Earthly vantage point.

Case in point from today to support what wolfgaze just said above.

I went to town with my friends, husband, wife and young child. I rode in the front of the car with the husband and the wife and child were in the back. They were speaking in Swedish which I don't understand so I was just sort of mentally drifting with no particular thoughts.

They stopped speaking for a moment and then I saw in my minds eye plates of food and what looked like a buffet, I knew immediately that the husband was speaking about food.
He started talking to his wife again, they agreed on something and then he turned to me and said "I was just thinking we should go...." I interrupted and finished the sentence with "a place you know with a good buffet?" He chucked heartily knowing I was sitting only a few feet away in his thought pool and so had picked up what was on his mind, even before he'd said anything to his wife.

We've done a lot of experimentation with telepathy and completely believe that thoughts actually happen in the space 2-4 feet around our heads - not IN our brains. We actually play games in which to win you have to 'know what the other is thinking" to pick up the clues for a scavenger hunt.

It's actually pretty easy once you understand what state of mind you have to be in to receive all the thoughts hanging out in the air around you from people sitting near you. (Think overlapping auric fields)
Old 26-07-2015, 11:45 AM
Seeker

To stay "you" as you understand "you" requires no organic dependancy to carry on after death. You exist in some other way. IMO
Terms like thoughts, imagination, memory and consciousness are only explanations that hold "popular" understanding in the world but hold unique definiton to the indivdual.
Old 31-07-2015, 01:12 AM
Experiencer
While we have made incredible advances in understanding the brain. Science has yet to crack that nut because science can't explain human consciousness.

There was a very interesting study with mice, mazes and how quickly learning increased with different control sets (different mice - in different locations) the more times they repeated the test. This test suggested perhaps there is something to the idea of "global shared consciousness"

If this is the case - it seems to me it is possible the brain is really nothing more than an organic antennae receiving information from an unknown source other than "the brain". Sort of like how a TV receives a tuned signal for a specific channel

It's certainly an interesting concept - thanks for the post

--Peace

A man who has not passed through the inferno of his passions has not overcome them.

-- Carl Jung