Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 03-07-2014, 07:36 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by beloved_ofmars
Lovely that your dog came back to visit you and you were able to see him so clearly. It's true special bonds with loved ones, both animal and human are never broken.
I think my dog Toby (a border collie mix) came to visit me in a dream once. I think that spirits, both human and animal are able to do that. In my dream Toby was very real, I could smell him. I said 'Toby you've come back' but then I woke up.

I've had visits from human loved ones and animal loved ones in my dreams, too. Because we're in the relaxed dream-state I wonder if it's easier for them to make the connection??
Old 03-07-2014, 08:09 PM
bartholomew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenny Crow
I've had visits from human loved ones and animal loved ones in my dreams, too. Because we're in the relaxed dream-state I wonder if it's easier for them to make the connection??

It's just as difficult for a person in spirit to make contact with us as it is for us to communicate with them. What a human spirit usually does is to construct a "visit" and place it in an energy "area" (vibrational segment) where we can find it during a dream or at another time when we are in a compatible mood. Rarely are "visits" in real time because of the great differential in time flow between worlds.

When in sprit bodies we have the advantage of being sure of what we can or cannot do because we can see both worlds and we know for sure they exist. Here on earth we usually are not so aware (except for spiritual practicioners). This changes as we progress.
Old 03-07-2014, 10:01 PM
Super Moderator
Quote:
Originally Posted by Botticella22
Hi!

Do you think that even after your pets pass on, they can still feel how much you love and miss them in the afterlife?

It's been about four years since I lost my beloved pet of 15 years. I mourn/miss my cat almost everyday. (We literally grew up together. I was a lonely only child and I got her as a kitten when in elementary school. She passed my fourth year of college.) It's still really hard for me to even go in certain areas of my house that she would linger in all the time. Sometimes, I even catch myself still saying out loud to pictures I have of her "I miss you!" and I wish she could hear/understand me. I guess I'm just looking for a way to have some closure and to know that I'm still connected to her as a way to heal.

Yes, when they pass on they still know how much we love them and miss them. They have only left their physical bodies, but still live, in a very real and tangible way (when viewed from their side) but now in the dimension of feelings and thought (when viewed from our side). When we stop to think how close our feelings and thoughts are to us....it doesn't seem like those things are 'in a different dimension'. But they are, compared to the physical body.
So that's how close our loved ones are to us!
And that's how they can keep in touch with us, and we with them. And doing that is a very real living thing.

Try this...(I'll give you a short example first)
On Tuesday I was missing my own dog. She often contacts me, comes to visit, attunes to me and 'sends' her love etc. But hasn't been around for a couple of weeks. I went for a walk, and while walking felt a lot of love for her in my heart. Concentrating on her with all my love, and with a very happy light feeling, I sent this out to her, but received no response. I didn't mind that, gently let go of my 'sending' and instead went to investigate an old pile of broken wood planks to see if there was any wood I could salvage from the pile for a garden bridge I want to build.
While I was rummaging among the wood, about 5-10 minutes later, I suddenly and quite unexpectedly got a very warm and happy ray of love and affection from my dog. I laughed, stopped what I was doing and greeted her emotionally. It only lasted a few minutes but had a strong effect on me. I got a sense she couldn't give me her full attention right then, but would be back soon (this translated into words in my mind.)

Our loved ones in spirit (including animals we love and who love us still) definitely do feel it when we send them our love or focused attention, or prayer. They can and do answer us. Often their answer comes in on a thought and emotion level. And we sense their presence and attunement to us which is often sensed in the Heart chakra. This is definitely not rocket science. It is very natural and sweet. All we have to do is make our hearts transmitter/receivers....which isn't so very difficult with love!

Sometimes (in my own experience at least) they are not always emotionally available. I respect that as I know spirits do not sit around on clouds. They have things to do!
Old 04-07-2014, 02:57 AM
Master

Thanks Bartholomew
Old 07-07-2014, 03:20 PM
Raven Poet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Botticella22
Hi!

Do you think that even after your pets pass on, they can still feel how much you love and miss them in the afterlife?

It's been about four years since I lost my beloved pet of 15 years. I mourn/miss my cat almost everyday. (We literally grew up together. I was a lonely only child and I got her as a kitten when in elementary school. She passed my fourth year of college.) It's still really hard for me to even go in certain areas of my house that she would linger in all the time. Sometimes, I even catch myself still saying out loud to pictures I have of her "I miss you!" and I wish she could hear/understand me. I guess I'm just looking for a way to have some closure and to know that I'm still connected to her as a way to heal.
Dear Botticella22: YES, we are still connected to pets. All life is spiritual energy - animals, plants, water, humans - everything. Just because an animal has a different method of communication than humans does not mean they do not have a spiritual bond with us.

I sensed my beloved Chevy dog for months after he crossed over. I still talk to him and ask him to watch over his "little brother", the beautiful dog I live with now (Indigo).

When I think of how bonded my dog and I are - the little buggar can read my mind and pick up on my energy extremely well! - I am convinced this bond exists after a physical death.

So keep telling your cat how much you love her, and let her know you are doing okay so she doesn't worry about you, and know you keep the bond forever!
Old 09-07-2014, 04:49 AM
Experiencer
From the bottom of my heart, thank you all so much for answering my thread.

I was thinking about this thread earlier today (which is also why I'm back on to answer and read all your beautiful replies), and it made me realize how I now have hope that she (my dearly departed kitty) can hear me, feel me, and know how much I miss her.

Sometimes, I think of her and how much I miss her that I still can't keep myself together. My heart aches... and I haven't been able to heal at all since she passed 4 years ago. I know that some people who will read this might think "Wow, she was really attached!" But the truth is that, yes, I was/am. I grew up lonely, I had(have) no siblings... my cat was my only best friend for more than a decade. I got her as a kitten when I was quite young in elementary school, and she passed when I was in college. I miss her more than anything. I definitely can't find a way to heal.... BUT, I would like you all to know that this HELPS! I have a lot more hope than before this thread.

I found this on catownerproblems.tumblr.com - I keep trying to think of it as much as I can...

Old 09-07-2014, 04:50 AM
Experiencer

Old 12-07-2014, 05:53 AM
Knower
Awwww.

Every after-death communication that I have read indicates that what is most important in this life is love and forgiveness. Who is more loving and forgiving than our pets? What would be the point of a Heaven where they were not waiting for us?

I have had a half dozen dogs over the years, and if they are not waiting for me on the other side, I don't see any reason to bother going there.

Ultimately, man should not ask what the meaning of his life is, but rather he must recognize that it is he who is asked.
Viktor E. Frankl
Old 12-07-2014, 01:35 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Celera
Awwww.

Every after-death communication that I have read indicates that what is most important in this life is love and forgiveness. Who is more loving and forgiving than our pets? What would be the point of a Heaven where they were not waiting for us?

I have had a half dozen dogs over the years, and if they are not waiting for me on the other side, I don't see any reason to bother going there.

You are absolutely right! I was just thinking to myself... "I don't know when my time is supposed to be up in this life. It could be tomorrow, it could be 50 days from now, or 50 years from now. But whenever it is, I can't wait to see my kitty again!"
Old 12-07-2014, 01:49 PM
Ascender
Some lovely thoughts in the posts above!