Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 07-08-2013, 08:30 PM
Phrozen84

Would god make it extra hard on you after you suicide?

I've been studying about reincarnation for some time now. I'm a 29 year old guy who's suffering from Body Dysmorphia and was interested to know what would happen to a soul who is absolutely not happy with his current body after committing suicide? would he have to come back under the same circumstances? Or would his suffering be taken into account and somewhat things would end up better this time?
Old 07-08-2013, 09:31 PM
Ascender

The best explanation that I've heard of, is that the soul has an instinct that there is a natural progression of things-- a spiritual journey.

Suicide is usually a violation of that instinct. So, yes, in the next life someone who commits suicide would re-tread the same long hard journey, have the same feelings to struggle with... and, perhaps, the same opportunities-- the trick being not to give up before finding those opportunities this time.

Then again, it isn't just on one person, I think. It's an entire world of different souls jostling together-- and, usually, harming one another. If you, for example, are drowning in the binary gender essentialism paradigm of society... then that isn't just going to be on you to figure out a way, it's on everyone who contributes to work through that issue in our world. It's slow going, but perhaps a mere generation before, we didn't have the vocabulary to recognize the suffering of body dysmorphia-- the suffering was still there, but sufferers perhaps didn't have the tools to figure it out.
Old 07-08-2013, 09:38 PM
Master
No god wouldn't make it hard for there is no god to even judge you, the only ones who judge, are the ones that are afraid of death, those who try to cling to life cannot understand how anyone could kill themselves.
Old 07-08-2013, 09:57 PM
Lanzalady

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phrozen84
I've been studying about reincarnation for some time now. I'm a 29 year old guy who's suffering from Body Dysmorphia and was interested to know what would happen to a soul who is absolutely not happy with his current body after committing suicide? would he have to come back under the same circumstances? Or would his suffering be taken into account and somewhat things would end up better this time?

You're just studying, right? Nothing more?

LL
Old 08-08-2013, 12:45 AM
Master

Quote:
This is what I think. Reincarnation is not about punishment. It is about opportunity to keep growing. Every birth is an opportunity to grow whether or not we are happy living it. One aspect of growth is overcoming our fears, including fear of dying and fear of god. In my view, suffering itself is no justification for reward. However one can learn and grow while suffering and that I think merits reward.
Old 08-08-2013, 01:27 AM
livingkarma

I've never heard or read nor do I believe of punishment being handed down by God or spirit guides for a completed suicide of a healthy body or one actively dying ...
My understanding is a person who completed suicide w/a healthy body is immediately reincarnated to try human life again under similar, if not, the same type of mental &/or physical challenges ...
It makes no difference if the soul returns in the same form or of the opposite sex; lessons are the same ...
The cycle continues till a soul has completed an entire life successfully; meaning a death not by suicide ...
Hope this helps ...
Old 08-08-2013, 08:26 AM
Experiencer

Quote:

There is also the situation,that I have seen many many times !

That the attempted suicide doesn't go to plan and you spend the rest of your life "non compos mentis" being cared for in mental health institutions !

I've seen people who have OD'd on their insulin,a person that threw themself off buildings (twice) and people that take drug overdoses all have cabbaged their brains, so just be carefull what you wish for ...
Old 08-08-2013, 08:54 AM
Teiksma

Once I had a dream that I commit suicide. I went to Summerlands and met God and Goddess and they told me: o, you are completed your incarnations! I asked - why, didnt I failed? And they laughed and told me: we made Earth so terrible, that everyone have to understand that only clever idea is to run away

I dont say its true, I am just saying that there are more variants than we maybe see
Old 08-08-2013, 11:04 AM
Phrozen84

But this is not fair. Why do I have to suffer while others enjoy their bodies and looks so much? I'm just tired of this. Isn't there any sort of mercy on the other side to make things easier?
Old 08-08-2013, 11:33 AM
Teiksma

And why do you can use this computer, but others dont have arms or are so poor that cant own the computer? Everyone have their problems.