Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 10-04-2013, 07:12 AM
RainbowAngel

Your opinion on NDE.

Hi as some of you know i am very intrested in NDE. I love reading about others accounts on their journey after they are pronounced dead. I would love to hear your thoughts on this subject. What do you believe has happened after they have died? Have you experienced a NDE? Is it just the brain shutting down and dreaming? ( if this post is a repeat post then please feel free to share a link to another post below or bump a old thread. As i am on my phone and cannot search on here) thanks! Light and love to all.
Old 10-04-2013, 07:56 AM
missrachel300

I have not experienced a NDE, but I do believe they exist and have read about several accounts.

'Heaven Is For Real' is a pretty cool book which shares the experience of a young boy.

and, 'Proof of Heaven' was written by the doctor you can read about here...
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2012...ribes-his-own/

I seem to remember that MissHepburn loves that subject and would probably have some great resources to share.... if she is around anywhere... lol.
Old 10-04-2013, 08:15 AM
RainbowAngel

Thankyou Missrachel. I will look up thoes books and thanks for the link!! I have read a couple of books 'dying to be me' by Anita Moorhani and 'i knew their hearts' by jeff olsen. They book made me cry a lot!! Very moving so if anybody wants to read it be warned its a real tear jerker.
Old 10-04-2013, 08:18 AM
RainbowAngel

Oh yep just checked the link about the Dr. I have read that account. Very very intresting NDE. Probably one of the most profound i have read so far. But ill probably read it again. Thanks :) xxx
Old 11-04-2013, 03:07 PM
StephenK

I've come to see the NDE as the "brain shutting down while we're fully awake". It appears that we have the equivalent of an NDE every night while we sleep, only we don't remember it. We can see similar in lucid dreams, or out of the body experiences, when our conscious-waking-self is able to interact more directly with the reality from which we originated. When we "return" to our body we are simply re-bonding with that which we have come to temporally think ourselves to be.

NDE's appear to be a crack in the facade where, for a short time, a great deal of honesty takes place... :^)
Old 11-04-2013, 07:01 PM
LadyImpreza1111

I have not experienced any NDE's, but I can think of 3 people who are alive who have experienced them and their spirits came straight to me. It was as memorable experience for me as it was for them.

It is almost like an actual death where the soul leaves the body but in this case, the body is still very much alive, though sometimes the spirit is not aware that they are still alive.......At least for a small amount of time.
Old 12-04-2013, 03:27 PM
RainbowAngel

So stevenk do you think that when our bodily functions are declared dead. The mind is dreaming? So do you think that dreaming is actually another form of a reality? Just very intrested in others opinions. Ladyimpreza1111 i would love to hear about one of your experiences with the people you know if you want to share :)
Old 12-04-2013, 03:53 PM
Ha! Sometimes I think I have read every book...all the Raymond Moody, Melrose, Atw*ter,
Brinkley...ah, the children NDEs.

Then, at nderf.org..Near death research foundation, there are new ones everyday!
They are transcendent, insightful, inspiring and hopeful as to the non-physical or
spiritual realm
...where we came from and where we are going back to...I call Home.

Scientists or doubters will blame NDEs on dream hallucinations bec of the chemical changes
In the brain...well, of course, there are brain chemistry changes...the Creator of the Universe
created chemicals , works all of the infinite and infinetesimal with chemistry..."He" is the Grand
Chemist...the first "Scientist".

These changes in consciousness don't happen in a vacuum.
For all we know one day medical intruments may become so sensitive as to monitor
activity in the brain a week after clinical death.

Science is great...but limited...it still is in an embryonic stage...why, our own senses are so limited
compared to the vast vast vast about of what they miss on the Electro magnetic scale. (Spectrum)

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 12-04-2013, 04:18 PM
StephenK

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainbowAngel
So stevenk do you think that when our bodily functions are declared dead. The mind is dreaming? So do you think that dreaming is actually another form of a reality?

The case may be made, that while inhabiting our bodies, that at that point we're actually dreaming. We may actually be more awake when we're "dead".

Think about the way in which we compose our every day... we have a job, we have family and friends, we have beliefs about things... all these are conditional and transitory. Even our attachment to money is a process of acceptance, we accept that it has value, so it does. We are maneuvering a physical body through a physical environment, and pretty much anything we think about in regards to our situation (outside of our primary physical needs) may be thought-of as something of a massively shared dream...

With all of it being conditional... jobs end, people die, economies prosper and fail.... and all our imagery and reactions to this takes place, based on the ways that the people around are processing the dreams that they're having about the nature of life as they interpret it...

So it may be that we have this all backwards... that while "alive" we are enmeshed in a brain-interpretative dream... and that once we "die" and leave this dream, then once again we're more fully awake.... :^)
Old 12-04-2013, 08:07 PM
RainbowAngel

Oooo i like that stevenk i definetly get what you mean about money and material things. This is a story i wanted to share. You may have seen it on the tv. There was a young boy that was brought up in a chicken coop. His parents had shut him out there and he was later found and saved. But he couldnt speak and behaved just like the other chickens. Even his hands had become all crippled up almost like chicken feet.

The point here is that we litrally pick up on everything around us. We are 'conditioned' to believe what is right and what is wrong. He would have absolutely no idea about money whatsoever!! So to him it is meaningless!! So i know what you mean about social conditioning. And yeah i totally agree i believe that we return to full consiousness when we return home as you said miss hepburn :) and i also read all of the NDERF website i love it. I check for new accounts quite often. I love the profound ones! :)