Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 30-12-2011, 01:03 AM
Elaine and D

Worried We Are Being Deceived

I would like to know if there is anybody that wonders the same thing as myself.
I love the thought that one day we will see our loved ones again and that they can speak to us through mediums etc.
But there is one question that constsntly niggles away at me. It is "What if what we are told about the afterlife and the messages we receive from our loved oned through mediums is all a deception of Satan and his demons".
I have seen it asked befpre but the answers dont remove the doubt from my mind.
One answer was "But why would demons bring such words of comfort to us if they were deceiving us". Well that is exactly what they would do to us, they are out to lie and deceive us and to take us away from God.
Another answer was "Why would they do this, what can they gain from it". Their gain is to take as many with Satan and themselves as they possibly can and maybe people could end up in hell.
I dont mean to offend anybody with this question as it is a genuine fear and doubt I have.
Old 30-12-2011, 01:29 AM
nalan

Hello Elaine and D,

The fact that you are considering Satan is significant in a way that only you can answer.

If you have connected with passed on loved ones through mediums, then what do you believe? Why did you even bother to connect if you thought it was all Satan's doings?

Further, what would Satan have to gain from tricking you?

The only one who can answer these questions is you.
Old 30-12-2011, 01:35 AM
Gracey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elaine and D
I would like to know if there is anybody that wonders the same thing as myself.
I love the thought that one day we will see our loved ones again and that they can speak to us through mediums etc.
But there is one question that constsntly niggles away at me. It is "What if what we are told about the afterlife and the messages we receive from our loved oned through mediums is all a deception of Satan and his demons".
I have seen it asked befpre but the answers dont remove the doubt from my mind.
One answer was "But why would demons bring such words of comfort to us if they were deceiving us". Well that is exactly what they would do to us, they are out to lie and deceive us and to take us away from God.
Another answer was "Why would they do this, what can they gain from it". Their gain is to take as many with Satan and themselves as they possibly can and maybe people could end up in hell.
I dont mean to offend anybody with this question as it is a genuine fear and doubt I have.

maybe you could try to connect with them yourself. this would cast out your doubt.
Old 30-12-2011, 01:44 AM
Master
healthy skepticism is a good thing...
and you are right in that there are evil forces at play all the time,
with many agendas.
but you must use your "knowing" to see if material resonates with you...
Old 30-12-2011, 02:08 AM
Elaine and D

Nalan
Thanks for your reply. The reason that I consider Satan is because that is what is taught in the Bible. According to the Christian teachings the devil is out there and he is capable of appearing as an angel of light to deceive people.
I had readings done for me, for which I am very grateful, I might add. The reason for seeking out information about the afterlife and what happens when we die is because I really want to know that one day I will see loved ones again when I pass on. I was curious and wanted to find out what other people thought.
I guess what Satan would want from me, if it is true about him. is the fact that he can coax me into going against Gods teachings in the Bible.....
Old 30-12-2011, 02:12 AM
Elaine and D

Gracey and Skygazer
Thankyou for your replies. Gracey, I will look at the website you mentioned, thankyou for the link....
Old 30-12-2011, 02:36 AM
Occultist

Elaine and D,
I would first like to thank you for opening this discussion up.
Because its valid I believe for many people.
Many Christians are very curious about mediums,psychics,Witch's and spell casting. Its like a dirty little titillating secret.
But because of there religion after they get readings they often feel like they cheated on a lover. Guilt,anger,confusion, all plays a part and sometimes they even blame the devil. This line of thinking is what got many of my people murdered. I know its a pure question but if you really are concerned about that then stay away from it.
Mediums,Psychics, people like that are usually good helpful people who have done nothing wrong. Just born with a sight a little more developed then "norm". I believe it is a part of evaluation and we in the future might all have this. But until then these people will be called evil or fingers pointed that there gifts are from the Devil or there whack jobs. Mind you many are fakes but in general these people are just people. Nothing more.
Old 30-12-2011, 09:49 AM
Tammy

I found a nice little passage in one of the books i am reading, which i think suits the occasion quite well (lol in my mind it does! :-) )

" Many of us are asked to beleive in Church teachings and the bible, both of them containing a mass of contradictions which no one attempts to explain. For example, Christ asked his disciples to carry on the work as He had done, saying: 'He that believeth on me, the works that i do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do.'
These words reffered to healing, prophesying and clairaudience, which with the 'gift of tongues' (power to be understood by all nationalities), the power to work miracles, to interpret dreams and symbols, and to have wisdom, were the seven gifts of the Holy Ghost. Yet the state, which supports the Church's teachings, (may in olden times) may imprison one for prophesying, and the clergy, who should be cultivating these gifts, leave them entirely in the hands of those whom they consider ignorant and superstitious.

So the question boils down to is Jesus did some of these things, was he guided by the "Satan and his demons" the answer is simple..NO.
Old 30-12-2011, 08:25 PM
Enya

There are many deceptions in this world... the deceptions perpetuated in the name of God, designed to control people, to direct them away from Love and the beauty of the Divine into the flawed dogma of man-made religions is one of the worst, imho.

I've seen many, many people receive comfort, healing and compassion from contact with their loved ones. I've felt it myself. Such love cannot be and is not a deception. With every step forward in my learning, I open my heart more and more to God and Christ. Churches fear people like me... because we don't need them to tell us how to find God Within... we already know. So do you.
Old 31-12-2011, 04:00 PM
Master

You are quite right to be concerned about the possibility of deception. One thing you sould consider is that if mediums do actually contact the dead they should be in comlete agreement with each other about conditions that exist in the afterlife. I haven't done a study on the subject but the various accounts I have read about communications received through mediums don't always agree with each other. This is an indication that they aren't always reliable.

Have you ever tried just reading the Bible and asking God to help you understand it? God has promised that we will find him if we seek him with out whole heart.