Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 23-07-2011, 02:59 AM
not human

Your Thoughts on Death

Today medicine & media hold death in great contempt. We have been educated to fear death of the body. Technology will attempt to sustain life at all costs even when it is severly compromised. Media has implanted the fear of aging & death in society. Health warnings appear from everywhere reinforcing fear. In short death is viewed as a 'bad thing'. It can be seen as the ultimate failure if you have not lived a long life.

At this stage I am alive so obviously not an expert on the subject of death & at best my ideas about it are half baked.

How do you view death & do you feel a coming to terms with death in life in beneficial to the quality of your life ?
Old 23-07-2011, 03:32 AM
earthprowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by not human
Today medicine & media hold death in great contempt. We have been educated to fear death of the body. Technology will attempt to sustain life at all costs even when it is severly compromised. Media has implanted the fear of aging & death in society. Health warnings appear from everywhere reinforcing fear. In short death is viewed as a 'bad thing'. It can be seen as the ultimate failure if you have not lived a long life.

At this stage I am alive so obviously not an expert on the subject of death & at best my ideas about it are half baked.

How do you view death & do you feel a coming to terms with death in life in beneficial to the quality of your life ?

death is a relief of this plane. some find it harder to let go than others, I think my self, I'm packing an astral bag.

the way i look at it is if death comes, then you have completed what you came here to accomplish and learn. (not everytime, but most). i feel with the things I know and understand (and i could always be wrong) that I have a better understanding of what to expect. it's late, did that make any sense?
Old 23-07-2011, 03:32 AM
Master
Well, I'm not so sure they hold death in contempt, as it is a quest for knowledge. A really big challenge. I for one, would love to live forever, but I know that's probably not gonna happen, and it's more than a little disappointing but at least I won't be alone, lol. It's more the legalities that make the issue hard to see. I lost my son on 2-14-10 and my best friend David on 6-25-11. So, I have had recent 'experience' in seeing it. Look way back in history at the Egyptians and so on. It's really nothing very new.

The most beautiful thing about death is when your elders talk to you about it. When they 'prepare' sort of like giving that facts of life speech, if they're able to talk about it with any clarity at all, it is a very good thing. My parents got us kids together when we were teens and told us that if anything were to happen to them, and we kids had to make a decision to put them in a rest home or whatever decision, that they knew we would do our best and don't worry about it. That was a very important thing for them to have said to us, it made an impact that cannot be minimized. That our folks put in our hearts that they put their trust in us was a priceless gesture.

Old 23-07-2011, 03:36 AM
I am an NDE nut --- I love reading everything I can on near death experiences - so I can't wait to cross over.
But for some reason God keeps saving my life!
Go figure.
Miss Hepburn

Also not human, but stepping into the meatsuit temporarily.
Ouch!

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 23-07-2011, 04:09 AM
not human

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
I am an NDE nut --- I love reading everything I can on near death experiences - so I can't wait to cross over.
But for some reason God keeps saving my life!
Go figure.
Miss Hepburn

Also not human, but stepping into the meatsuit temporarily.
Ouch!

Thats interesting isn't it. I've been plucked out of the fire on 3 occassions myself & yet I've never felt that same affinity for physical life as Silvergirl does. Maybe I'm being pushed to find it.
Old 23-07-2011, 04:29 AM
Silvergirl, Oh my God, what?
You lost your son this year and your best friend last month.
I have no words ---- I am so sorry.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 23-07-2011, 04:36 AM
Master
Yes, this is the friend, David, who called me every night after he'd heard my son passed away for almost a year. He himself had had a stroke 5 yrs. ago and was wheelchair-bound. I appreciate your condolances, Miss H.

Old 23-07-2011, 04:46 AM
Master
I have a little excitement about death, I sort of look forward to it, but at the same time will live my life and enjoy every moment, through this excitement i have death wont sneak up and surprise me, don't we get excited about birth, then why not death, conditioning, it really does stuff us up doesn't it ?.
Old 23-07-2011, 04:52 AM
not human

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychoslice
I have a little excitement about death, I sort of look forward to it, but at the same time will live my life and enjoy every moment, through this excitement i have death wont sneak up and surprise me, don't we get excited about birth, then why not death, conditioning, it really does stuff us up doesn't it ?.

Amen to that
Old 23-07-2011, 08:25 AM
Experiencer
Location: Adelaide, Australia - but born and bred in Ireland:)
I don't fear death - but I sometimes, I feel that life is passing me by too quickly!