Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 08-07-2011, 09:08 PM
Coming2

Ya know I have always wanted to post this but felt it a bit morbid...lol....I mean come on, I feel we all think about it at some point in our life. I am an organ donor but after they harvest my organs I want to be cremated. I want my family to throw a huge party and pass around stories about all the silly things I have done in my life. I want my ashes scattered in the fall under a beautiful tree that has changed its leaves to a brilliant orange-red while playing the song my mom wrote for me on the piano when I was a little girl.
Old 10-07-2011, 12:10 PM
bebelee

i would like everyone in white with colors to lighten the mood. Not black. Just simple, no big fancy coffin or anything i'll be getting cremated anyway. I'm thinking i should write a speech to be read out letting everyone know im ok lol. I'd like my ashes put with my sons ashes & scattered somewhere pretty like a nice waterfall or something :)
Old 10-07-2011, 12:44 PM
Experiencer
Location: Adelaide, Australia - but born and bred in Ireland:)
My hubby and I have discussed this! When I go, I want to be cremated and kept until he passes (or visa versa, depending on who goes first) then our ashes put into two fireworks - at the end of a big party and firework display we'll be blasted into the sky!
Old 10-07-2011, 01:12 PM
Suspended
Some great responses.

That's a brilliant idea about the fireworks Asrais - love it!

Might I suggest that while you and hubby are zooming skywards, this is played...

Rocket's Tail - Kate Bush
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4EhmUghu7tI

That November night, looking up into the sky,
You said,

"Hey, wish that was me up there--

It's the biggest rocket I could find,
And it's holding the night in its arms
If only for a moment.
I can't see the look in its eyes,
But I'm sure it must be laughing."

But it seemed to me the saddest thing I'd ever seen,

And I thought you were crazy, wishing such a thing.

I saw only a stick on fire,

Alone on its journey
Home to the quickening ground,
With no one there to catch it.

I put on my pointed hat

And my black and silver suit,
And I check my gunpowder pack
And I strap the stick on my back.
And, dressed as a rocket on Waterloo Bridge--
Nobody seems to see me.
Then, with the fuse in my hand,
And now shooting into the night
And still as a rocket,
I land in the river.

Was it me said you were crazy?

I put on my cloudiest suit,
Size 5 lightning boots, too.

'Cause I am a rocket

On fire.
Look at me go, with my tail on fire,
With my tail on fire,
On fire.
Hey, look at me go, look at me...
Old 10-07-2011, 01:41 PM
moke64916

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squatchit
What do you want?

I want to make a recording of my voice and put it in my coffin and when they start talking about my life, the recording will go off and freak people out, lol. It would remind people of my sense of humor. Then I would like to donate my organs, and be creamated and spread across the same part of Lake Tahoe that my Aunt Beths ashes were spread through. My dad's sisters ashes and my grandpas ashes were put in Lake Tahoe as well. That is where we have our family reunion every 2 years. Big family. Dad's one out of 10. Imagine how many cousins I have.
Old 10-07-2011, 01:45 PM
Experiencer
Location: Adelaide, Australia - but born and bred in Ireland:)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squatchit
That's a brilliant idea about the fireworks Asrais - love it!

Might I suggest that while you and hubby are zooming skywards, this is played...

Rocket's Tail - Kate Bush

I like it, but I'd be willing to bet hubby will want something by Kiss!!
Old 10-07-2011, 02:38 PM
Master
My preference when the time arrives, is just to wander up onto the moors and vanish.
Failing that, cremation and ashes scattered on the moors.
Old 10-07-2011, 10:57 PM
Kai

Rainbow colors. I'm serious. I want my funeral to have rainbow decorations and sparkles. But I'm seriously way too young to be thinking of this haha.
Old 29-07-2011, 02:52 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kai
Rainbow colors. I'm serious. I want my funeral to have rainbow decorations and sparkles. But I'm seriously way too young to be thinking of this haha.

Hmm...but I'm not too young to think about it (although there is something to be said of planning ahead)...I think I'll borrow your rainbow and sparkles idea, thumbs up! Maybe throw in a little fireworks. Oh and BYOB, and have at it!

Idk I just stumbled on this thread wandering around SF!

Old 29-07-2011, 04:52 PM
Master
I don't really care what they do with me. I don't want to be buried in the ground in a coffin to rot and take up space. On a daydreaming day, I dream to just be cremated and my ashes scattered by anyone who may love me at my favorite hiking/jogging/walking trail. (has waterfalls, forests and gorges...I love it there) Other times I think just harvest what you can for another person, and/or stick me on a body farm to watch how the body decomposes out in nature. Or donate me to a college to dissect.

Depends on what loved ones prefer mostly.