Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 05-12-2013, 01:23 PM
Pathfinder
I never actually thought about it to be honest, I suppose I would like to cross over and then if I could come back and visit that would be great! but I wouldnt want to scare people or anything like that!!!
Old 05-12-2013, 01:33 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by *whitefeather
This made me laugh.

----

I definitely won't be hanging around or disturbing the living by poking them awake in the mornings (as has been done to me) ... and I won't be attending my funeral (there will be nothing good that will come out of that ... anyone attending will be just going through the motions and wanting to be elsewhere. The majority of people who have really meant something to me in this life won't be attending my funeral).

If my husband wants to have a funeral for me that is fine. I have a few friends where I live but no relatives and none will travel to attend. So the funeral would be full of my husband's family there to support him. The only reason I'd attend my own funeral would be to support my husband.
Old 05-12-2013, 01:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteWarrior
The last I would want to do is hang around.
A free man does not linger near the prison he was let out of yesterday.
Wow! Excellent way to put it!

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 06-12-2013, 10:57 PM
LadyImpreza1111

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoftKittyLover
I never actually thought about it to be honest, I suppose I would like to cross over and then if I could come back and visit that would be great! but I wouldnt want to scare people or anything like that!!!

Crossing over and ascending are actually two separate things. Every spirit crosses over eventually after death (in their own time) but its only those who have finished their last lifetime that actually ascend.
Old 10-12-2013, 02:43 PM
TruthSatnaam

We're here to detach from the illusion and to discover who we truly are- this game was formed by God out of love so we can discover Truth as He did.
Old 10-12-2013, 07:26 PM
Pathfinder

Great topic and great responses. Speaking for myself I refuse to take on another carnal body at least not on this planet during these times even though we have chosen to live this life time due to the troublesome times we live in. I say thank you baby boomers out there to allow so many of us to be here during this time frame. I think I prefer to be a walk in or stay in energy/spirit/soul form and not take a carnal body.
Old 11-12-2013, 01:21 AM
Super Moderator
Well I can't say until I get there....but it doesn't sound like a good idea to hang around, as doing that would keep you on a near-Earth astral level, where things can be sometimes a bit harum-scarum, and unpredictable. Some Souls are OK on this level if they are motivated by a lot of love and not much else. But it's not generally a great place to hang around in for too long.

I think it's likely we will 'go with the flow' which no doubt will take us to the astral level we naturally attune to. From there, so I discovered from visiting spirits, it's quite possible to visit the zone near Earth if necessary to connect with loved ones here, sometimes.
Old 11-12-2013, 01:07 PM
Master

For me, I just don't see the rush. I have eternity. It's been a busy life and there is a lot I haven't been able to see.

From what I have read, until we go the astral plane, we retain most of our human senses. Once we leave, the human emotions and senses are not as vivid.

I'd love to visit Egypt for example, and Africa. I'd like to go back to some childhood places that are literally changed now. And I'd like to check on my daughter and son whom both aren't speaking to me at the moment. To make sure they and my grandchildren are okay.

And I'd like to do it on the "human" plane not astral. I'd like to have the emotions, and senses I have now have (well most of them anyway). I want to experience these things as a human, not a spirit. I'd guess I'd call it an extended vacation. Then, when I am done, I would want to leave. But I won't be coming back incarnate. So it's kind of a last look around also.