Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 08-04-2012, 07:06 AM
Archangel Ivory

Then, if so... Whats the point of being in the big fight (Armageddon)... Isn't it useless.. Trying. I mean if I know before time that my team was gonna lose the contest... Why show up for the match! Or maybe the big match is something figurative...
Think about it.
With Love
Old 11-04-2012, 01:55 AM
embrace

Well, we can't really talk about afterlife in a scientific way - it's only a matter of your personal belief...
Old 14-04-2012, 02:25 AM
DayLight1555

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elaine and D
I would like to know if there is anybody that wonders the same thing as myself.
I love the thought that one day we will see our loved ones again and that they can speak to us through mediums etc.
But there is one question that constsntly niggles away at me. It is "What if what we are told about the afterlife and the messages we receive from our loved oned through mediums is all a deception of Satan and his demons".
I have seen it asked befpre but the answers dont remove the doubt from my mind.
One answer was "But why would demons bring such words of comfort to us if they were deceiving us". Well that is exactly what they would do to us, they are out to lie and deceive us and to take us away from God.
Another answer was "Why would they do this, what can they gain from it". Their gain is to take as many with Satan and themselves as they possibly can and maybe people could end up in hell.
I dont mean to offend anybody with this question as it is a genuine fear and doubt I have.

Just wanted to add this here:

when I started to believe some different things about the afterlife (not according to the Bible), I was also thinking that maybe Satan was deceiving me. I was a very devoted Christian and wanted to give all I had to God. And I kept praying and asking for confirmations. And the only answers I had were in accordance with my new beliefs. So if it was from Satan, then where was God? Why wasn't He replying me since I was so devoted to him all these years?

So my conclusion was: I was either on the right path OR God isn't capable of keeping people from being deceived. But there are many verses in the Bible that say that God is ABLE to keep us from being deceived. So either God doesn't like me and doesn't care about me being deceived, OR God is ok with my new beliefs. (the new beliefs about us being able to talk to our loved ones for example)
Old 14-04-2012, 11:13 AM
Archangel Ivory

Quote:
Originally Posted by DayLight1555
Just wanted to add this here:

So either God doesn't like me and doesn't care about me being deceived, OR God is ok with my new beliefs. (the new beliefs about us being able to talk to our loved ones for example)

It would seem that Satan is more hardworking than God in winning souls. Since after all he will earn more souls... According to people's translation of the bible... Except the bible is not meant to be taken literally.
Old 14-04-2012, 04:04 PM
sumrwind

Cool Interesting & a valid question

I have also given this much thought. When I first started my journey with tarot, my sister told me that this was against the catholic faith. My neighbor invited mt ae to join his church, when I told him I was in to tarot & asked him to mention this to his pastor......never heard from him again...hehehehe
I feel comfortable with the many readings I have gotten from mediums & grateful. BUT if I have any doubts on the honesty or integrity of someone....I let it go and move on. I truly believe we all haVE THE INSTINT
to know what is true for each of us. Great question tho !!!T
Old 14-04-2012, 05:01 PM
Master

Quote:
when I started to believe some different things about the afterlife (not according to the Bible), I was also thinking that maybe Satan was deceiving me. I was a very devoted Christian and wanted to give all I had to God. And I kept praying and asking for confirmations. And the only answers I had were in accordance with my new beliefs. So if it was from Satan, then where was God? Why wasn't He replying me since I was so devoted to him all these years?
Perhaps he was replying but you weren't looking in the right place to hear his replies. You said you were praying. Were you also studyihg the Bible to see what it said about your beliefs? Prayer is the way we speak to God. The Bible is the way God speaks to us. We must do both and establish a two way communication with God if we want to understand his will.
Old 15-04-2012, 12:13 AM
DayLight1555

Quote:
Originally Posted by theophilus
Perhaps he was replying but you weren't looking in the right place to hear his replies. You said you were praying. Were you also studyihg the Bible to see what it said about your beliefs? Prayer is the way we speak to God. The Bible is the way God speaks to us. We must do both and establish a two way communication with God if we want to understand his will.

The Bible is the way God speaks to us... well some people believe it, but more penticoastal people believe in talking to the Holy Spirit.

Paul himself did not just keep reading the Old Testament and continue to be a Jew. Paul himself heard NEW information from God directly and changed his views accordingly.

So did disciples. Jesus changed the way they believed. They could have said that Jesus was a liar and stick to their old beliefs. But they chose to adapt to the new beliefs.

Should we not act like Paul and the disciples? If Paul thought that the Old Testament was superceded by the new testament, why not us believing that the new testament is superceded by the new things we are discovering now?

Paul said: the second coming was a mystery to the old Jews and was only revealed in Paul's time.

Well, there could be mysteries that are being revealed in our times to us... since people were not ready to accept them in the previous times...

Religious beliefs do not stay the same. If you follow history of them and how they keep breaking up into different denominations, it shows that it's an everchanging process, as new revelations as being revealed.

And yes, someone could say: it's just Satan's deception.

But just because Satan may deceive, it still does not change the facts I listed above.
Old 16-04-2012, 08:33 PM
Master

Quote:
Should we not act like Paul and the disciples? If Paul thought that the Old Testament was superceded by the new testament, why not us believing that the new testament is superceded by the new things we are discovering now?
Paul never believed that the new revelations from God superceded the Old Testament. He believed that they were a fulfillment and completion of it. In doing this he was following the example set by Jesus.

Quote:
Then he said to them, “These are my words that I spoke to you while I was still with you, that everything written about me in the Law of Moses and the Prophets and the Psalms must be fulfilled.” Then he opened their minds to understand the Scriptures, and said to them, “Thus it is written, that the Christ should suffer and on the third day rise from the dead, and that repentance and forgiveness of sins should be proclaimed in his name to all nations, beginning from Jerusalem.
(Luke 24:44-47 ESV)
Quote:
Religious beliefs do not stay the same. If you follow history of them and how they keep breaking up into different denominations, it shows that it's an everchanging process, as new revelations as being revealed.
Religious beliefs change but that doesn't mean that God is revealing new truths. Many people reject what God has said and invent new beliefs.