Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 25-07-2011, 12:32 AM
OldTimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by not human
Hi Oldtimer thats a great opportunity you've had there. This will make you laugh my (our) one farewell visitation was from our cat. Who said animals don't have spirits.
My "John L" sure had a loud purr attached to his spirit. I've heard some try to say that before. I guess they just haven't had the pleasure of the experience yet. No wonder the Egyptians were so fond of cats, huh..
Old 25-07-2011, 12:38 AM
not human

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldTimer
My "John L" sure had a loud purr attached to his spirit. I've heard some try to say that before. I guess they just haven't had the pleasure of the experience yet. No wonder the Egyptians were so fond of cats, huh..

Thats a point maybe cats tie into their fascination with the afterlife
Old 25-07-2011, 12:50 AM
OldTimer

Quote:
Hi Oldtimer thats a great opportunity you've had there. This will make you laugh my (our) one farewell visitation was from our cat. Who said animals don't have spirits.
Are you going to tell the tale of your eternal kitty, or not? I'd like to know what happened.
Old 25-07-2011, 01:10 AM
not human

Oh OK then. I bought home a really cute little Himilayan Persian kitten for my 3 girls. They loved him & called him Sooty. I put a little collar & bell around his neck so we could always find him.He used to scamper around & we'd hear the bell ringing.
Sooty always seemed a bit frail & tentative but as we wern't used to the breed we just figured it was his nature.
Two weeks after we had him je collapsed one morning & we took him to the vet. He died a few days later. Apparently he had had a virus whilst in the litter that being so young overwhelmed him.
Well we were all devastated the kids took a day off school just to get there emotions in check.
About 3 nights after he passed the girls were out & I was doing some book work & heard a tinkerling sound in the hall. I ran out thinking the girls might be home & heard it again. The hairs on my neck stood up & I knew instinctively what it was.
Sooty had come back to say goodbye. When my daughters came home & as I was telling my eldest about it, the bell rang again & we both heard it.
That night my wife was woken up as she thought she heard the TV going, as she awoke a little something jumped on the bed.
My mother died last year & I wasn't aware of her presence at all so go figure.
Old 25-07-2011, 01:36 AM
OldTimer

Quote:
Oh OK then. I bought home a really cute little Himilayan Persian kitten for my 3 girls. They loved him & called him Sooty. I put a little collar & bell around his neck so we could always find him.He used to scamper around & we'd hear the bell ringing.
Sooty always seemed a bit frail & tentative but as we wern't used to the breed we just figured it was his nature.
Two weeks after we had him je collapsed one morning & we took him to the vet. He died a few days later. Apparently he had had a virus whilst in the litter that being so young overwhelmed him.
Well we were all devastated the kids took a day off school just to get there emotions in check.
About 3 nights after he passed the girls were out & I was doing some book work & heard a tinkerling sound in the hall. I ran out thinking the girls might be home & heard it again. The hairs on my neck stood up & I knew instinctively what it was.
Sooty had come back to say goodbye. When my daughters came home & as I was telling my eldest about it, the bell rang again & we both heard it.
That night my wife was woken up as she thought she heard the TV going, as she awoke a little something jumped on the bed.
My mother died last year & I wasn't aware of her presence at all so go figure.
THAT is a lovely anecdote! You didn't just hear and feel the cat, you heard the bell too. Wonderful... Sooty loved your family very much, indeed.
I think our loved ones come around when we need them to do so.
Old 25-07-2011, 01:44 AM
not human

My feelings too
Old 25-07-2011, 11:22 PM
Administrator
Quote:
Today medicine & media hold death in great contempt. We have been educated to fear death of the body. Technology will attempt to sustain life at all costs even when it is severly compromised. Media has implanted the fear of aging & death in society. Health warnings appear from everywhere reinforcing fear. In short death is viewed as a 'bad thing'. It can be seen as the ultimate failure if you have not lived a long life.

At this stage I am alive so obviously not an expert on the subject of death & at best my ideas about it are half baked.

How do you view death & do you feel a coming to terms with death in life in beneficial to the quality of your life ?

Hello

First off I feel that there would be no experts on the subject nor would I go to say one's ideas are half baked.....more we learn by asking at times quesitons that other's might well want to run form.

Death and dying be one of those. I talked on this subject some in Churhc in the Summer Discussion Group I lead.....the topic was Reincarnation VS Afterlife and Heven on Earth......

Where we looked at the idea of being prepared (such as Egyptians did ) for the Afterlife and how that was so thought to be important.....and that how we in the modern world prepare for our end....in making the funeral arrangements and final placement we want. Even to the point if life does not fully end in that one moment but with part of us going to another we still have prepared.

Is preperation important for the quality of one's life that be a very individual thing, and at times a very personal thing. I feel that if one is going to maybe leave behind as I would a family then YES being pre pared is important so that it is easy for them to make the final arrangements and get life moving forwards again.....

I for year's helped as a volenteer in exteneded care in hospital starting at the age of 13 when I happened to be in for a month....and me Grandfather was in at the sametime dying from cancer. I was free to wonder down to see him daily and I did. If he was sleeping I would note that some NEVER has a visitor come....I thought how sad to be alone.....so I would visit them too.

I visted a dear friend two days before his passing and he came to me right when he passed to say BYE to me.....sad as it is to go too we all have our time to go.

We should always I feel know that we have a time to go....but not dwell so on that coming event or OVER do the final even to the point of debt..... we are here to LIVe life to the fullest. We all go over to the Light.....

Lynn
Old 26-07-2011, 12:12 AM
iluvthelight

Death is just the next step ... it's actually the true life. This life here is just a huge school. What we do here affects our life there. It's important to find our reason for being, and though there is a collective reason, there is also an individual one.

-- Life is not a fairground, but a school -- Franz Bardon
Old 31-07-2011, 02:37 PM
Experiencer

It's just one part of your soul's development complete, then you go and see The Creator to see whatelse he has planned for you. Maybe he'll send you back, reincarnation or he'll send you to your designated realm of heaven.

Be ready to cross over when the time comes or you'll be stuck in a void.
Old 31-07-2011, 02:45 PM
midnightstar

I remember when Beauty cat died and we got Dylan cat (bear in mind Beauty was terrified of other cats), but I saw her on the bed cuddled up next to Dylan not long after we'd got him. I like to think it was Beauty telling us she approved of our new furry friend :)