Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Health

Old 04-06-2017, 10:53 PM
Newbie ;)

How unhealthy do you think it is to work in an area with a lot of car exhaust?

I'm not in an enclosed area, but I work in a place where there's about 5 lanes of constant traffic and I am frequently smelling car exhaust throughout my work shift.

Due to some things that happened in my past, my brain is a little slow. I've been trying to sharpen my brain through physical and mental exercise, nutrition, and faith, and it has been working. I'm just worried now that I've started working in this new environment, that the progress that I made will go away.

It's causing me to worry so much. I would like to leave my job, but since I have social anxiety, I have self-doubt about me being able to hold a job anywhere else.

How bad do you really think this could be? Do you think I could be exaggerating the effects? It doesn't seem to bother my co-workers.
Old 05-06-2017, 11:14 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickSM11
How bad do you really think this could be? Do you think I could be exaggerating the effects? It doesn't seem to bother my co-workers.
Hi Nick. Not to alarm you, just sharing a story... My mother's husband worked in the printing business all his life, four decades of working with inks and solvents. He hit his 60s and started to lose his memory, which after a few years turned into dementia. He kind of withered away and then died. Is it all related? My mother believed it was.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickSM11
It's causing me to worry so much. I would like to leave my job, but since I have social anxiety, I have self-doubt about me being able to hold a job anywhere else.
I feel for you, I experienced stress depression and social anxiety for a decade, it ended my career in fact. I was lucky in that I didn't have to work during that time (disability benefits), which would have been impossible for me. Best advice: seek counselling, let someone help you get to a place where you can start to see light in the darkness. All the best.
Old 05-06-2017, 01:57 PM
Suspended
You don't have to be in an enclosed space to be immersed.

Motor vehicles emit carbon monoxide which is poisonous. Most cars have catalytic converters which turn CM into carbon dioxide, which is less harmful. However, catalytic converters wear out over time, so a percentage of the fumes you're exposed to may contain carbon monoxide.
Exhaust fumes in general are hazardous to you health, I'm sure they contain other nasties too. I get the impression that the risk is as described by Baile; over time your health will diminish, & may lead to something serious or fatal happening.

There's bound to be a more suitable job out there for you, but you might have to come to terms with your anxiety on order to move on.
Old 18-06-2017, 12:09 AM
Guide
I think that thinking about how bad it is will make it worse. Just know that motorcycle exhaust is 100x worse and emits fumes directly related to numerous cancers. Regular car exhaust isnt too bad but personally id never work somewhere like that or live on a main road
Old 16-08-2017, 11:19 PM
Master
usd luv breth it in wen i wz a teen smell of car fums bus fums nw im 42/soon be 43 in nov no 1 ud tell uds warnisn abot it in 18s 1980s
no 1 tld us a lo tof thngs aprt frm smokin can kill u
not food can kil u
alcil ca killu bt drnk mush u need 2
no saed lif cu kill u bt now it duz
evn brakin wnd is bad for u iv herd nw
sorry
2 say it

i dream dreams all dreams
🌟🌟🌙🌙☔☔🌆🌆🌁😈😎😒💋💑💑💑💌🍨🍩🍔🌟🌟🌟✴🍩🍔