Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Closed Thread

Old 25-11-2006, 02:08 PM
~Jay~

Meditating with drums

I started my first closed circle session for advanced psychic development last night, and thought I would post what happened here.

Last night's class entailed meditating with drums. I was a little skeptical of this, but I was proven wrong because the energies the drumming generated were amazing. There were only five of us including the leader, as the others who will be coming can't start until after Christmas for various reasons, so it was nice n cosy, lol. The drums were like ones Native Americans would use....either bigger ones you placed between your knees, or smaller ones you put under one arm. I had a smaller one, as I was wearing a skirt last night, lol!

Didn't think I would be able to meditate as well as playing this drum, but how wrong could I be? After only a couple of minutes, the energy had changed & was really uplifting that I wanted to keep grinning. Then the leader told us to imagine we were in a tribal setting around a camp fire, and that we were waiting to communicate with our tribal God. She said a spirit was there who was about 7-foot tall, and he chose one of the men, Bob, and led him off thru the woods to do a cleansing session on him. He then told Bob his spirit name was Java, and that he was his equal. Next he chose another of the men, Ian, and when he went to 'collect' him, a white wolf with clear blue eyes followed by Ian's side. Ian had to lay down on the floor and get covered with mud! Next the spirit went to Bob's daughter, and told her to heal her dad, as she was a medicine woman, with the name of Tara.

Lastly he came to me, and led me to a waterfall, which was for cleansing my energies. He then instructed Bob to do a dance around me to ward off evil - ****! As I saw this in my mind's eye, I felt like I was royalty, wearing swathes of white fabric and wearing a gold crown. Then I went to the edge of a lake to watch the large golden sun setting on the horizon, when suddenly a small boat appeared. It was being rowed by some young fella, and I got into the back of it & he rowed us off downstream, past the waterfall again! I didn't have time to continue this, which was a shame because I was feeling very pampered & regal....and they were also trying to take me back to Egypt as I saw the pyramids in the distance.

When we discussed this afterwards, I mentioned I was struggling to concentrate on the tribal setting and felt I didn't belong. The leader told me something interesting....she said that spirit take me up so 'high' and want me to keep going back to the Egypt thing, that she was going to have to ask them to let me do this kind of work as well. She confirmed that I appeared like royalty to her too, and was dressed in white. I think I need to do some serious meditations on what's going on here. Hmm.....It's funny that at the beginning of this med, the spirit I saw was Quetzecoatzl - the plumed serpent god, and I freaked out at the albino-like appearance of him & pushed him out of my mind! What a wimp, lol! I should have just ran with it to see where it led me, but I didn't feel ready. Maybe next time?

More drumming next week, I believe. And we are also going to be playing some kind of flutes in the future too! Should be fun.
Old 25-11-2006, 02:31 PM
kundalini

Hi Jaycee, first, thanks for sharing this wonderful experience! It sounds like you really had a lot of fun doing this. It's funny that you mentioned Quetzecoatl, as according to the Mayan Calendar, his energies are apparently upon Earth...I think I've got this right. For more information about that, please refer to Lapis's thread on the Mayan calendar in the Astrology section.

Secondly, I am very impressed that the group meditation was intended to focus on a tribal setting. I myself feel very connected to those kind of settings and it is a real joy to read of something that entails that nature!

It sounds to me too that with the Egyptian theme, you may have had a past-life experience there?

I'd really enjoy hearing more about other sessions that you undertake Jaycee.

Kundalini.
Old 25-11-2006, 03:18 PM
Deactivated Account
drums connected to hearing mothers heartbeat in womb imo, most natural and comforting sound in the world
Old 25-11-2006, 03:18 PM
~Jay~

Thanks for that Kundalini. Yes, it was an amazing experience, and I'm still feeling great from the energies it created even now. I do already suspect I have an important past life in Egypt, as a priestess who was also a princess, if you get me. I just wonder sometimes if it's my ego doing this.....so it was nice to get some sort of confirmation from the group leader of sorts.

The Mayan calendar thread of Lapis' - I can't find it! I would be really interested to know if this is correct about Quetzecoatl. Would you be able to point me in the right direction, please?
Old 25-11-2006, 04:09 PM
kundalini

Hi Jaycee,

Here is the link to Lapis's posts detailing the Mayan Calendar. In the second post, it details how the 'Fifth Day' has just begun and how the energies of Quetzecoatl are here:

http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=1345

Hope that helps.

Daisy, that's an interesting observation!

Kundalini.
Old 25-11-2006, 08:37 PM
~Jay~

Oh wow! Thanks Kundalini - that's amazing! Fancy me seeing him on the very day that this new Mayan Galactic Day started! And I hadn't a clue what the date was yesterday, either!
Old 25-11-2006, 08:56 PM
~Jay~

Oooh, how exciting! I've just found a link to Quetzecoatl and drums on the crystalinks website:

Quetzalcoatl's priests would bang a drum in the morning and in the evening in reverence to Quetzalcoatl. At that time merchants could leave the city and visitors could enter Tenochtitlan. The drum of Quetzalcoatl may be compared with the flute of Tezcatlipoca. The drum separated night from day. The flute was heard at night. The sound of the flute was shrill and anxiety followed it's music.

Old 25-11-2006, 09:10 PM
kundalini

That's an amazing synchronicity Jaycee...I wonder what it means that you observed Quetzalcoatl...I'm sure he's related in some way to the nature of electricity or lightning...

K.
Old 25-11-2006, 09:17 PM
~Jay~

Well I just thought of something here...."the drum separated night from day" - well, yesterday was the first day of the new Galactic Day, and the previous day was still in the old Galactic night! So it was a kind of crossing over period, I'm thinking....

Or maybe I'm just getting a bit carried away now...? LOL!!!
Old 25-11-2006, 09:22 PM
kundalini

Hey Jaycee, you never know...there are synchronicity patterns everywhere. Should you be able to join the dots, you'll get a clearer picture. By the way, I have also found this website which is all about Quetzalcoatl:

http://weber.ucsd.edu/~anthclub/quetzalcoatl/que.htm

It pretty much tells you everything that you want to know.

K.
Closed Thread